ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #20356
2wheeladv
Lost & lov'n it
 
2wheeladv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Utardia
Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Does this require a subscription?
Yes. You can suspend it when not in use.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 R
2012 Custom Harley Ultra Limited
2009 KTM 530 EXC
2006 Big Dog K-9
1969 Triumph 650cc
2wheeladv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #20357
2wheeladv
Lost & lov'n it
 
2wheeladv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Utardia
Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
OK my fellow Utards.... Lookie what I'm buying:


I'm going to set it up for rock bashing, trail sliding, face planting fun! I was (am) all hot and bothered by the new 1190R... but since A: I am NOT gung ho to slide down the trail on my $20k motosickle.... and B: I simply can't justify that kind of moolah for a terrible off road rider like me.....I decided to wait a while and maybe pick one up for long distance riding next year.... I'm not a big fan of buying first year European stuff anyway....

I'll be picking it up Sept. 20 and slabbing it back to SLC.... anyone up for Baja this spring?!
Nice choice KMC1. I too like the looks of the new 1190R. Can't wait to see one live and read reviews. Before my crash I was planning on attending the KTM Rally and demo the new sled. Several of my friends ride the KTM Adv...great bikes for off road/slab adventures.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 R
2012 Custom Harley Ultra Limited
2009 KTM 530 EXC
2006 Big Dog K-9
1969 Triumph 650cc
2wheeladv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #20358
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeladv View Post
Nice choice KMC1. I too like the looks of the new 1190R. Can't wait to see one live and read reviews. Before my crash I was planning on attending the KTM Rally and demo the new sled. Several of my friends ride the KTM Adv...great bikes for off road/slab adventures.
It's going to be a looooong couple weeks man! I wasn't really in the market when this beauty popped up and I just couldn't ignore it.

You should still come out to the rally - there's going to be a ton of stuff going on this year and will be fun even if you're a gimp right now. FYI I'll be driving out so I can haul my 530 there if you want to ride along. it'll be fun since you can't run fast enough to escape.....

__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #20359
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,651
route

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherKing View Post
Do you have the track for this ride? I have a dl1000 and have been looking for more trails i can run. Ive been thinking of getting some shinko 705 tires that would be similar I think to those anakees you seem to be running on your weestrom
From Pineview reservoir head East over Monte Cristo. Head North at the Curtis Creek Rd. All of the roads up there are pretty easy.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #20360
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
This bonehead convinced me to take the weestrom from Monte Cristo to Bear Lake on dirt via Curtis Creek rd...
Should have kept coming. I was up there all weekend getting wet. I think we could have
fit a couple more on here....

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #20361
Sh4ft
Beater
 
Sh4ft's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: SL,UT
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Should have kept coming. I was up there all weekend getting wet. I think we could have
fit a couple more on here....

Do you launch a boat with that thing?
Sh4ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #20362
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4ft View Post
Do you launch a boat with that thing?
New State law (rule?) No ATV use for launching. Can use a tractor though.

Not suppose to use a vehicle other than a tractor except of course at the State ramp.
It's a drag I could use the ATV for the smaller jet boats or water craft and there is a city
ramp right by my home. Now I have to drive up to the State ramp, get stripped searched
for mussels, sign a form and then motor across the lake back to where I could have launched
in the first place. Then repeat the process to get off the lake.

The shit BB stackers come up with is amazing.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #20363
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
New State law (rule?) No ATV use for launching. Can use a tractor though.

Not suppose to use a vehicle other than a tractor except of course at the State ramp.
It's a drag I could use the ATV for the smaller jet boats or water craft and there is a city
ramp right by my home. Now I have to drive up to the State ramp, get stripped searched
for mussels, sign a form and then motor across the lake back to where I could have launched
in the first place. Then repeat the process to get off the lake.

The shit BB stackers come up with is amazing.
Yours is not to question......

__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #20364
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,175
Hey does anyone have a giant loop or similar I can borrow for a couple weeks? I need something to pack a few things in for my upcoming fly and ride.
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #20365
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Hey does anyone have a giant loop or similar I can borrow for a couple weeks? I need something to pack a few things in for my upcoming fly and ride.
I'm pretty sure I still have this set up in the garage somewhere....


pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #20366
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I'm pretty sure I still have this set up in the garage somewhere....


Awesome.....there's even room in there for my curlers and makeup! Jees!

I'll give you a call in a while to meet up.
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #20367
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
Awesome.....there's even room in there for my curlers and makeup! Jees!

I'll give you a call in a while to meet up.
Didn't take you long to get into the KTM lifestyle.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #20368
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,651
old video.

I found an old production made on the first gen hero... don't watch this with crappy speakers. Crank the music; it's the onlything this has going for it, other than frog dropping cliffs and passing me at about 110 mph. the end I had to 2x the speed cuz i was chasing my wife and her friend, but looks about right doubled i thought.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../mesquite2.wmv

its a download, so you shouldn't do this unless you trust me. Just click through "accept" "accept" etc when it asks you for your title company's contact info...
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)

GISkev screwed with this post 09-03-2013 at 08:13 PM
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #20369
Live2Ride
Not Famous
 
Live2Ride's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Spoklahoma, Wa.
Oddometer: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Didn't take you long to get into the KTM lifestyle.
__________________
Loud pipes don't save lives, but they do let you know I'm in the area.
Live2Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #20370
2wheeladv
Lost & lov'n it
 
2wheeladv's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Utardia
Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
It's going to be a looooong couple weeks man! I wasn't really in the market when this beauty popped up and I just couldn't ignore it.

You should still come out to the rally - there's going to be a ton of stuff going on this year and will be fun even if you're a gimp right now. FYI I'll be driving out so I can haul my 530 there if you want to ride along. it'll be fun since you can't run fast enough to escape.....


Sounds interesting! Unfortunately tomorrow is knee/leg surgery. Post photos of the 1190S and a RR. Two weeks ago I sold my 1200 GSA so I'm ready (after I recover) for a new sled. The 1190S reviews look promising but I want a real world rider report and you're the guy . Have fun in Steamboat. We rode through Steamboat on the COBDR; fun town. Great place for the KTM Rally, other than most of the land is privately owned. We had a hell of a time finding a camp spot.
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 R
2012 Custom Harley Ultra Limited
2009 KTM 530 EXC
2006 Big Dog K-9
1969 Triumph 650cc
2wheeladv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014