ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #21256
cottonwood
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
I know this isn't the garage - but I thought I'd put out to my neighbors that I'm going to sell my 2012 Tiger 800XC with Arrow exhaust, bar riser and heated grips. Bought in Sandy & in my garage in Park City - I love this motorcycle, so much so that I bought a Daytona to race the triple, but just never ride it. I'm not desperate to sell it but not unreasonable about price either. Less than 1000 miles. If interested: robert at cottonwoodinc dot com
cottonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #21257
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 472
know snow?

Snow check - anybody ridden this year from Eden by Pineview Res. to Paradise in Cache Valley?

On https://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/worldview/ , it sorta looks more green/ brown than white ...

Gotta go see Ma and Pa in Bear Lake, and looking at "short" cuts ...
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #21258
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,561
I haven't ridden that route but cache valley is brown from 8k' down for the most part.

I'm planning to get out for a ride tomorrow from salt lake up to Morgan area then out to Logan canyon area. Will be all on the road tomorrow with a reasonable pace if anyone is interested. Probably leave salt lake about 9:30 - 10:00 and be back around 6 ish.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #21259
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailtwister View Post
Snow check - anybody ridden this year from Eden by Pineview Res. to Paradise in Cache Valley?

On https://earthdata.nasa.gov/labs/worldview/ , it sorta looks more green/ brown than white ...

I'd have some info for ya but, i'm sit'n around with a separated AC My guess is that you'll make it just fine. if not, north Ogden canyon isn't too much of a back track.
Stop by to break up the ride as you pass through Logan. (for tree five) ate ate one twenty twelve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
I haven't ridden that route but cache valley is brown from 8k' down for the most part.

I'm planning to get out for a ride tomorrow from salt lake up to Morgan area then out to Logan canyon area. Will be all on the road tomorrow with a reasonable pace if anyone is interested. Probably leave salt lake about 9:30 - 10:00 and be back around 6 ish.

Stop by to break up the ride as you pass through Logan. (for tree five) ate ate one twenty twelve

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #21260
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 17,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailtwister View Post

I'm at Bear Lake right now. Snow capped mountains. The lower trails
I went on are snow free with numerous mud holes. I think higher stuff
would have snow in the shady spots.

All the snow has gone into the lake where it belongs.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #21261
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 782
I was on the backside of Timp today. Snow patches and mud at 7700 ft. I turned around. The stock Continental Trail Attack IIs are great on asphalt, and even ok in dirt. But pretty worthless in mud. If you have fairly aggressive tires, there is a good chance you could make it.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #21262
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,802
10k on my Anakee 3's

Ok, the final verdict is in. 10,000 miles on my Anakee 3's and I just replaced them with the same.

The front:

the rear:

I like!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #21263
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
Dang! Didn't see your post in time... Yesterday was a fantastic day for riding.... Just awesome. The only bummer is all the passes are still closed for another couple weeks, so you gotta take the long way around still.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #21264
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Ok, the final verdict is in. 10,000 miles on my Anakee 3's and I just replaced them with the same.

The front:

the rear:

I like!
Those look pretty good.... I'm gonna need to try those out.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #21265
bhb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Rode hwy 35 from Kamas to Duchesne today, back on 40. Very windy at some points, but overall very pleasant riding. Lots of snow still on 35 over the pass, but road clear and dry.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #21266
Daishiknyte
I'm Me There

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Rode hwy 35 from Kamas to Duchesne today, back on 40. Very windy at some points, but overall very pleasant riding. Lots of snow still on 35 over the pass, but road clear and dry.
You should have sent a message. I could have met you out there for lunch. Any excuse to get some bike time away from Vernal...
Daishiknyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #21267
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,456
Finally arrived in SLC, anyone have jetting recommendations for Ktm 950 SE, YZ250, Hawk NT650, and XT225? Luckily the WR has FI. Thanks.
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #21268
utahpowder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Rides this summer

Guys,

Longtime lurker and rider of a few of the Trackhead mini epics down south. I'm taking some time off work this summer and up for rides. Ride a 250X or WR450 and up for single track. Would like to ride Willard peak and some new rides up Logan Canyon or AF. Let me know if any of you are interested in rides.

Bob
utahpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #21269
bhb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishiknyte View Post
You should have sent a message. I could have met you out there for lunch. Any excuse to get some bike time away from Vernal...
Next time. Great ride, will definitely do it again soon.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #21270
Jogitu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb View Post

Dude I spotted you yesterday. Two up on a black GSA. Eat at the Road Island Diner in Oakley next time if you have not it was pretty good. It was windy and sucked the fun out of some of the riding but 35 was awesome and for some reason no wind. Not the same going back Parleys into SLC as that was a pure wind tunnel.

I ride therefore I am
Jogitu is offline   Reply With Quote