ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #2236
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by fano
Roostre, are you doing the Knolls race next Saturday? Should be fun.
I will be there!!

Initially, I was signed up to work it, but when I went to the meeting they told me that they had too many people already.

Can't wait to see the 9fiddys out there!

Did you notice that the USRA changed our finishing order at Cow Dung after the results were posted the first time? I only noticed because they inserted a name between you and me...

I must admit that it would be easier to find you guys if you wear the skirt at every race!
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #2237
fano
here and there

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
I will be there!!

Initially, I was signed up to work it, but when I went to the meeting they told me that they had too many people already.

Can't wait to see the 9fiddys out there!

Did you notice that the USRA changed our finishing order at Cow Dung after the results were posted the first time? I only noticed because they inserted a name between you and me...

I must admit that it would be easier to find you guys if you wear the skirt at every race!
I hope I am done with skirts, but who knows. Dumbgirl will be there for this one. BTW, how was Page? I loved the video from the hill climb. I wish I could be there.

05 KTM 450 MXC , 01 Triumph Tiger 955i
04 KTM 950 ADV , 00 Husaberg 501FE
04 GasGas TXT300 PRO , 70 Jawa 250
fano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #2238
Roostre
Discombobulated

Quote:
I hope I am done with skirts, but who knows. Dumbgirl will be there for this one. BTW, how was Page? I loved the video from the hill climb. I wish I could be there.

Page is a must do race! I had a blast... as you can see I have absolutely no skills on slickrock and probably should not be racing, but what the heck...

I had a rough first loop- no confidence, uptight, slow. Got caught behind some guys worse than me with no good places to pass (single track). The hill destroyed me... my quads cramped up at about mile 40... you get the picture!

I made it up on the second loop...it was my finest hour. Somehow I managed to pull out 4th in class, which is my best finish even though I was a good 10 minutes behind third.

You should try and make it next year! The venue is amazing- The start line is in the hotel's rear lot! Talk about convenient.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #2239
fano
here and there

Oddometer: 634
I looked at overall points and we are right after each other, but they put somebody ahead of both of us. At this point who really cares as long as it is not Dumbgirl.

05 KTM 450 MXC , 01 Triumph Tiger 955i
04 KTM 950 ADV , 00 Husaberg 501FE
04 GasGas TXT300 PRO , 70 Jawa 250
fano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #2240
Roostre
Discombobulated

Quote:
I looked at overall points and we are right after each other, but they put somebody ahead of both of us. At this point who really cares as long as it is not Dumbgirl.

I agree.. not worth making a fuss over; just an interesting observation.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #2241
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
So, somehow the group got split and we were never able to re-group again.

Here's a group pic of the cool people that rode dirt:
Group

And... see that dot of light waaaaay far away? Apparently V-Stroms are faster then GSs:
mirror
Old 04-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #2242
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr
Somehow???

Somehow you don't get to Tooele by going North on I-15.

We lost you at the I-80 split. Sorry. I feel really bad cause I promised
Andy and Bella we would not leave them alone with you.

Bella looked so concerned when she said "He kinda creeps me out".

Anyway those that know how to follow had a great little ride.

Skifast (Craig) was allowed to ride today with the strict understanding
he had to bring a bike with the power to weight ratio of a KLR.
He exceeded the restriction!

It also has the range of a lawn mower.

Harcus to the rescue with his spare gas. He and Infidel are trying to decide
what would be the best payment plan. Let's just say Craig will be Harcus's
bitch for a looonnngggg time.

Didn't spill a drop with what that cost him. Token ADV sticker...

Things quickly turned ugly for Infidel. Run over by a drunk....

Then insult to injury, one of Stocktons finest finishes the job.

Perfect riding day! Thanks guys.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #2243
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr

Here's a group pic of the cool people that rode dirt:

Somehow??? We were worried sick about you!
Here you see Infidel & SkiFast pondering your demise at Lookout Pass..IN THE DIRT...!

O well, next time...
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #2244
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer: 1,516
Great day for a ride. Since the Scrambler only has 1900 miles on it, I'm still learning about it, but I was quite surprised to run dry at 130 miles. Pretty shitty mileage, but I guess that's what you get when you're running 90mph without a windscreen. Everyone else was ahead of me on the straightaway, so they couldn't see me all hunched over and uttering "I think I can, I think I can" trying to get the needle past 100. The Scram seems to handle very well on the gravel, and again the limitations are with me, not the bike. Good to know.

Great thanks to Harcus acting as my tanker, and greater thanks to him ignoring Pluric's suggestions regarding renumeration. Pluric has now insulted my bikes, my wife, my friends, my politics, my zip code, my clothing, and my ADV sticker. I feel quite at home in this group.

The accident scene in Stockton reminded me of the crime scene in "Alice's Restaurant": "And they was using up all kinds of equipment they had hanging around the police officer station, this being the biggest crime in the last 50 years...."

The Scrambler did what it was supposed to do, set everyone's expectations low, and then meet them. Actually, given the Tuetonic and Nipponese competition, it's easy to see how the Brits needed the Yanks to come to their aide in the war.

I almost got run over by a Volvo, did you guys see that ass wipe pass me IN MY LANE?

With a deadline of 2:00, I walked into the kitchen at 1:55. Damn, I could have ridden another five minutes! When we going again?

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail

SkiFastBadly screwed with this post 04-12-2009 at 05:20 PM
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #2245
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
Great day for a ride. ....

Great thanks to Harcus acting as my tanker, and greater thanks to him ignoring Pluric's suggestions regarding renumeration. Pluric has now insulted my bikes, my wife, my friends, my politics, my zip code, my clothing, and my ADV sticker. I feel quite at home in this group.

...I could have ridden another five minutes! When we going again?
But you have to admit, Pluric is really good at it!

Glad to hear you came in under the wire. I don't think you would look good on a cross....

'bout 2 weeks...I'm in Reno next week end...maybe you can get the Buell cookin by then...
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #2246
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
Great day for a ride. Since the Scrambler only has 1900 miles on it, I'm still learning about it, but I was quite surprised to run dry at 130 miles. Pretty shitty mileage, but I guess that's what you get when you're running 90mph without a windscreen. Everyone else was ahead of me on the straightaway, so they couldn't see me all hunched over and uttering "I think I can, I think I can" trying to get the needle past 100. The Scram seems to handle very well on the gravel, and again the limitations are with me, not the bike. Good to know.

The accident scene in Stockton reminded me of the crime scene in "Alice's Restaurant": "And they was using up all kinds of equipment they had hanging around the police officer station, this being the biggest crime in the last 50 years...."

The Scrambler did what it was supposed to do, set everyone's expectations low, and then meet them. Actually, given the Tuetonic and Nipponese competition, it's easy to see how the Brits needed the Yanks to come to their aide in the war.

I almost got run over by a Volvo, did you guys see that ass wipe pass me IN MY LANE?

With a deadline of 2:00, I walked into the kitchen at 1:55. Damn, I could have ridden another five minutes! When we going again?
I only tease the ones I love. Awww, I'm sure it seems I love everyone.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #2247
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 339
Glad you guys been having fun. I've been way too busy lately (just got back from Moab Jeep Safari....yeah) and I need to get back to riding. The hooligan DR is down waiting for arrival of the new carb, but the dirty DR is up and running so....maybe somebody has ideas for next Saturday?

Oh, Infidel, the invite is still open for you to come try out the motard as soon as the carb comes in. I put a new Trail Tech digital dashboard on it so it even reads the right speed now! The offer still stands and I'd be glad to help you motard that new-to-you Honda.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #2248
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,603
Any Utards planning a trip to Colorado this year?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #2249
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,750
Last thing I remember is somebody saying we were in Colorado........

It all started when we met up at Einstein's and didn't eat any bagels.....which is surprising because SkiFast showed up on one of those real bikes......you know, kinda retro........real men don't need no stinking luggage, no stinking windscreen, no stinkin' nothin'........as we would later discover.......

And then we left.....but I knew that the Brazilian would follow Bella wherever she went so I asked pluric to keep an eye out for Andy.....we all know how that turned out.....

I know we stopped to wait for the two wayward bikes......but all we saw was a peloton of bicycles..... .......no BrShootr....no RckClimber.....no Bella.......so on we drove....across the western desert......through the twisties.....no harcus, no pluric.......across more desert......over the pass where we finally stopped for a brief respite.......

Somebody mentioned a lizard behind a bush and I think pluric found inspiration there......

harcus could only be described as aghast......SkiFast turned away in anguish.....

And off we go.........until we discovered that the Triumph did need some stinking gas........you'll notice that harcus and pluric gathered behind SkiFast while they plotted.....

And then......catastrophe......as we pulled into Stockton.......it's all fuzzy after that......

I think more folks should go to Colorado......Utah pretty much stinks......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #2250
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Hmmm....it all makes sense now....I took I-15 north, to get to i-80.....could not find you guys anywhere, we were hauling ass trying to catch up with 'yall, but I think we were ahead after we split. We stopped on the exit of bangerter, called pluric and left a message.....if only old folk knew how to check a voicemail on a cellphone

Anyway, Andy tohught we'd do the route backwards from what you guys did....we ran into the same group of byciclists....weird that we did not run into you guys...

Bella kept pointing me to singles toelle websites so I'd quit following them... that didn't work too well though...can you see how pissed off they look? Not even all those layers of gear cover it up!

DSCN1094

Lots of fun was had by all and that's what matters!