ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #2821
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilB
I've been lurking around the SLC area for some time now, due to working weekends recently haven't been able to join any of your group rides.
However...

Getting a bit late since the weekend is already here for most people.. but anybody planning on rolling over to MMP for the races this weekend?
Does anybody have any recommendations (for general admission) on good corners or straights to observe from?

My recommendation is to skip watching the race and go ride!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #2822
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
Thats the problem the wheel was trying to get on the ground my leg just happened to be in the way. Don't ask me how I ended up between the bike and the ground.

It stings like hell but a good ride will make me forget the pain........................and maybe a few loratabs.
wouda, shouda, couda........

Let me know if the doc says your skin flora has kicked into a problem.....infectious diseases are job #1........

I'm no EMT but I would keep that wound gently covered with gauze and some bacitracin.......a bit moist is OK but not cooking....just soft....then share all those lorbats....... .....intentional misspelled advice....you're not that kind of guy to let them help too much.

and here's a taste of the FIM series........always remember that the good stuff will come from harcus.....

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #2823
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,602
Heeeyyyy! Them are the smoothest gravel roads I've ever saw.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #2824
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti1
Heeeyyyy! Them are the smoothest gravel roads I've ever saw.

and I rode my gravelmobile................

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #2825
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
A day at the Super bike race

Guilty, guilty, guilty....of spending a whole day wandering around a superbike race at Miller Sports Park (the only USA venue this year) looking for clues at the scene of the crime.

First we went to the paddock & found many items like this....

They seemed to be every where. We asked to go for a ride but the guys just smiled & stared blankly. I don't get it....

I told Infidel about my 250 bevel gear Ducati Diana. I didn't look like this. Mine was blue.

Isn't amazing what you can do with a sheet of aluminum & about 1000 man hours?

Once in a while we would sit in the stands & watch these things...

They were very noisy.

Some of the riders we nice & tipped their bike over so we could read the stickers on the bottom.

The general idea was that they were trying to color this part of the track black. I think it will take them about 2 more days.

We found a good deal on this bike hauler. Infidel is going to get it so he cn take us all ridin. He is a nice guy, down deep.

This privateer Aprilla rider / wrench was quite frustrated. Something about tires, scrubbing, setups, wrong....hard to follow but he was not happy.

We looked everywhere for Ducati Hotties & Busty Beemer Babes. The recession seems to have hit everywhere since they were not to be found. We did find good snacks at the Beemer tent but again, no cavier or champangne. What is this world coming to?

Well, that is the end of the day 1 report. Infidel will pick up more for day 2 & 3.

Signing off, you loyal reporter, Harcus...

harcus screwed with this post 05-29-2009 at 10:21 PM
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #2826
rkclmbr24
CARNIVOROUS VEGAN

Oddometer: 376
Is anyone riding this weekend or is everyone heading out to the races? I was thinking of a sunday morning cruise on some dirt.

WARNING: MOUTH OPERATES FASTER THAN BRAIN!
rkclmbr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #2827
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkclmbr24
Is anyone riding this weekend or is everyone heading out to the races? I was thinking of a sunday morning cruise on some dirt.
Tell me when/where and I'll be there.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #2828
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
I've been lurking around the SLC area for some time now, due to working weekends recently haven't been able to join any of your group rides.
However...

Getting a bit late since the weekend is already here for most people.. but anybody planning on rolling over to MMP for the races this weekend?
Does anybody have any recommendations (for general admission) on good corners or straights to observe from?
I'll be out there Sat and Sun.

I need to figure out what is wrong with me that I *volunteer* one of the best weekends of the year to scrape millionaire's and their toys off the tarmac??
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #2829
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
wouda, shouda, couda........

Let me know if the doc says your skin flora has kicked into a problem.....infectious diseases are job #1........

I'm no EMT but I would keep that wound gently covered with gauze and some bacitracin.......a bit moist is OK but not cooking....just soft....then share all those lorbats....... .....intentional misspelled advice....you're not that kind of guy to let them help too much.

and here's a taste of the FIM series........always remember that the good stuff will come from harcus.....
Now I get why you and Pluric get along so well. He needs your help with all those infectoious diseases he gets.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #2830
ILuvUMan
Opinions Vary

Oddometer: 22,263
Quote:
However...

Go into the Deseret Peak Complex, just South of MMP. I've gotten some pretty good views of the track from over there. They have an area, where a lot of farm animals and horses are corralled, up toward the East end of Deseret Peak Complex. I've found some good views from up there.

I may pay on Sunday (weather is marginal). Should be one heck of a race. They have all kinds of entrance fees charges, just make sure you bring a chair, unless you want to pay the Grandstand high prices. Pretty reasonable rates actually. I've been to a couple Indy and NASCAR races and they are a heck of a lot more than MMP.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #2831
BigShow
Scallywag/Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Where ya wanna go, I looking to ride as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkclmbr24
I would be on a 08 1200gs...

have camera, will ride.

George
BigShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #2832
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Hmmm....wonder what's under that plastic wrap???
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #2833
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
If it rains this weekend, it's all my fault!
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #2834
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Good seeing ya today Hick. Let me know when your ready to ride.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #2835
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
If it rains this weekend, it's all my fault!
Shit, I can already see it coming!