ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #3391
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 339
Hey Kev, thanks for the possible invite. I'm open to options.

Here's what I'm envisioning:

Meet at the Chevron in Morgan (last fuel stop)

Slab up the road to Taggarts for breakfast (yummy and decent price)

Dirt to Lost Creek Reservoir

Dirt to Neponset Reservoir

Dirt/slab/dirt to Porcupine Reservoir

Slab/dirt/slab to Pineview Reservoir (refuel for us petroleum challenged bikes)

Slab home

And we could stop and set up camp somewhere along the way whenever we darn we felt like it.

STARSKEY screwed with this post 07-20-2009 at 09:30 PM
STARSKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 AM   #3392
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev
hick: i'll do dawn patrol! westDez tumbleWeed Trap!
I am out this weekend. Of the 48 hours in the weekend, I am working 36 of them...It's rough being a rockstar.

Next weekend however...
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #3393
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,767
Well it's 3 weekends then off to the race. Am I ready sure why the hell not. But I did want to find out if there is anyone wanting to or willing to help with support. My wife is driving my pickup with a 29' trailer and we have room. I'm looking for anything from someone that wants to ride along in the truck and check out the race or someone that wants to help change filters and do work on the bike. I have also been talking to a few adver's that may be supporting on bikes.

So if you have any interest in checking it out let me know. It should be a pretty good time.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #3394
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
Well it's 3 weekends then off to the race. Am I ready sure why the hell not. But I did want to find out if there is anyone wanting to or willing to help with support. My wife is driving my pickup with a 29' trailer and we have room. I'm looking for anything from someone that wants to ride along in the truck and check out the race or someone that wants to help change filters and do work on the bike. I have also been talking to a few adver's that may be supporting on bikes.

So if you have any interest in checking it out let me know. It should be a pretty good time.
Let me know the dates you'll need support. This will coincide with my semester break, so I can probably help out.

I'm ok w/ getting my hands dirty, or just tag along for moral support.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #3395
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:

If the dates on the website are correct, then I am on service that weekend...sorry. I would love to see it and help out.

If I can help out in any other way, let me know.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #3396
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry forgot to put dates. We are leaving here on aug 18 and will be back on aug 23.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #3397
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKEY
Hey Kev, thanks for the possible invite. I'm open to options.

Here's what I'm envisioning:

Meet at the Chevron in Morgan (last fuel stop)

Slab up the road to Taggarts for breakfast (yummy and decent price)

Dirt to Lost Creek Reservoir

Dirt to Neponset Reservoir

Dirt/slab/dirt to Porcupine Reservoir

Slab/dirt/slab to Pineview Reservoir (refuel for us petroleum challenged bikes)

Slab home

And we could stop and set up camp somewhere along the way whenever we darn we felt like it.

Haven't heard anyone else chime in, Br is in and Warp9man is out......any other interested parties? The weather forecast looks decent for this area, but I'm still open to options:

Saturday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 71.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 71.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #3398
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Riding this evening if anyone is interested six six nin to nin fiv ate. I don't know where the b, bc, the track???? Open to anything just need to put some time in on the bike.

frog screwed with this post 07-22-2009 at 04:30 PM
Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #3399
danstewart
crf250x Scorpa 4t &sy250r

Oddometer: 54
Eek Cool Pic

COOL PIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev
hick: i'll do dawn patrol! westDez tumbleWeed Trap!

starskey: we may be riding 650/400 to the north slope of the uintahs for a weekend family gig, but i plan to find a burly route and haul camp gear in our dirt bagz (love 'em, pack the heavier stuff low & forward and you forget you carrying stuff cuz there's no swing weight. Watch an experience backpaker load their pack!) to/fro rider guests are welcome to tag along... probably a couple big days.

valves: i have mostly seen the intake valves need to be loosened and my last required the exhaust valves were a touch tight, almost in spec...

Roostre: I've heard the same about the slow death that you don't hear... I've never heard mine out, but i can tell the difference once i tune em in...

EASY TO DO... it takes longer to pull the quick release tank off.

Attachment 211527
danstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #3400
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,604
Anyone here going to West Fest?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #3401
dumbgirl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Wink

Quote:
Well it's 3 weekends then off to the race. Am I ready sure why the hell not. But I did want to find out if there is anyone wanting to or willing to help with support. My wife is driving my pickup with a 29' trailer and we have room. I'm looking for anything from someone that wants to ride along in the truck and check out the race or someone that wants to help change filters and do work on the bike. I have also been talking to a few adver's that may be supporting on bikes.'

Count me in. I'll do work on your bike! I got my own roll of duct tape, a half stick of JB weld, and I'll see if I can't borrow one of them logoed up, buttoned up flashy lookin' over-priced race shirts. Make us look official and all. I hear Fano is real good at the air filter thing....got a lot of practice in Baja. We'll rope him in too. How much beer will it take to see Fano and I through aTHREE DAY race anyway? Any bets? Donations?
dumbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #3402
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul

Game On

HAY JUUU GUYESS!

The sat/sun overnight motorcycle campout is a go. If you'd like to join, we're meeting at my house in Clinton at 9AM on Saturday morning. Anyone that can run both on and off road is invited, but you need to have about 135+ miles of fuel capacity (at off-road, dodging cagers, heavy baggage mpg).

The weather is supposed to be:

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming west northwest between 6 and 9 mph.
Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 68.

If you'd like to join in, call me at: ate oh won, fife ate niyen, niyen for fife for.

This will be a slow, pleasurable, fun ride so don't fear joining in if you aren't the fastest thing on the planet. If you want to see the route (the gpx file kind of sacrificed details that my DeLorme files has) see the attatched file.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx taripp.gpx (46.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #3403
MaverickChick
I do my own stunts.

Oddometer: 464
For anyone who cannot camp, we are hitting guardsman pass tomorrow morning around 7:30. Saturday morning we are going to Bountiful around 8:30, Sunday riding we are up to suggestions

Notar and I will both be on DRZ400's. Bring your wifes/girlfriends/daughters!

Give me a ring or a text if choo are down.

801 five three zero 9066.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #3404
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,727
9:30am departure...

My wife and i are heading out at 9:30 (in an hour)

BCC/guardsman/heber/*dirt*to wolf creek pass/soapstone to mirrorLakeHwy/...

then we're heading up to the nrth slope of uintahs for a family gig.

tag along for part if you like!

ate oh one ate ate sex one ate svn nien

maybe we'll run into maverchick! (hopefully not literally.)

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #3405
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Rumor at the track...

I was told that the Edge had gone out or was going out of business. Supposedly had a sign on the door. Anyone else heard about it??

(I know it will deeply sadden Hick)
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote