ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #3406
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Yup they are done. Something about a purchase deal gone bad. I went in and everything was 30 percent off. No bikes really just parts and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
I was told that the Edge had gone out or was going out of business. Supposedly had a sign on the door. Anyone else heard about it??

(I know it will deeply sadden Hick)
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #3407
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
I was told that the Edge had gone out or was going out of business. Supposedly had a sign on the door. Anyone else heard about it??

(I know it will deeply sadden Hick)
Karma...Bitches!

I just wish I had the weekend off so I could ride onto their showroom and lay down an inch of rubber on the new KTM I did not buy from them, then mention that I am going somewhere else to buy replacement rubber.

I am not usually someone who takes pleasure in the unfortunate circumstances of others, but
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #3408
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 339
Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

Are you ready BR?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #3409
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKEY
Are you ready BR?]
Hells yeah!!!

DSCN1216

Just questioning our decision leave early on the day after a holiday where everyone is having fun w/ fireworks outside until late at night.

BrShootr screwed with this post 07-24-2009 at 08:39 PM
BrShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #3410
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
Karma...Bitches!

I just wish I had the weekend off so I could ride onto their showroom and lay down an inch of rubber on the new KTM I did not buy from them, then mention that I am going somewhere else to buy replacement rubber.

I am not usually someone who takes pleasure in the unfortunate circumstances of others, but

Don't hold back man, tell us how you REALLY feel!
Old 07-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #3411
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKEY
Don't hold back man, tell us how you REALLY feel!

It was 1979.......Willie "pops" Stargell homered to win the 7th game and the World Series.......When asked to reply to that question........he flashed a toothless grin..........and said.............

Mans......I feels good............................
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #3412
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,989
Friday Todd-Squad and his family invited us to Soapstone for a
little quad/bike mixer. My wife and son were doing his ice cream gig
so my daughter and BF came along.

I was surprised how much of the meadow flowers were still in bloom.

We did a little Rhino tailgate BBQ.

Todd and his sons pushed their way to the front of the line.

The Todd-Squad clan...

Todd called Friday night to hit Mineral Fork in the morning
without the young kids or women folk.

Talk about shit backward... I'm standing in the door with a
helmet on when he calls to start a barage of weak excuses.

I thought about it for 2 seconds and went by myself. It was actually
kinda nice not having to wait around for KTMs to cool off.
I took the CRF 230. I know it's a beginer chick bike, I don't care.
I still think it is one of the best trail bikes out there.

I'd forgotton how rocky that trail is. It must have rained last night.
Conditions were perfect!!!

pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #3413
DZSO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
RE: The Edge

Hick et all,

I concur on posted feelings of The Edge dealership.

When I returned from my deployment, I visited them as I had purchased a 06 DR650 from them in the past. The BEST price I was qouted from them was the highest along the Wasach Front. I revisted them to give them a chance to reconsider to gain a second time customer.

Well, I haven't been back since June 08. Sad when they won't budge on a bike for a returning service member!?!!

Side Note: Bought a F650GS(twin) for the wifie from the new BMW Motorcycles of Utah dealer off of 90th South and I-15 and was treated with the upmost respect, given plenty of time to road test the bike and switching out the factory seat with the lowered version to make sure she was happy.

And as everyone knows... If the Wife is Happy, Everyone is Happy!

DZSO
DZSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #3414
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
I took the CRF 230. I know it's a beginer chick bike, I don't care.
I still think it is one of the best trail bikes out there.
I've got one, it's smooth, nimble, light, maintenance free, guilt free.
Also makes a great loaner bike for friends.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #3415
Pitster
miniac

Oddometer: 346
I am trying to pllan a Sept ride, anyone going up to the Riggins Id KTM ralley looking for an extra ktm rider to tag along?

Or a fall ride around the Boulder mtns, Burr trail etc... Who's up for something like this?

www.nomadrider.com Adventure luggage and gear
Pitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #3416
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Camping ride report

Sooo..... Starskey's route for this weekend was all *$#)*%)(*#)(%*. After running into gate after gate of private property in the morning, we ended up heading up Monte Cristo Rd and headed up Hardware Ranch.

Here is one of the first trails we went up at, deflating our tires thinking we were about to be on dirt roads for the rest of the day...
Deflating tires

After we finally got to the Hardware Ranch area, we stopped for a lunch snack at the abandoned visitor center that doesn't open Saturdays:
Lunch Break

After stealing, er, I mean, borrowing some water from BLM, we headed up past all the trailers with idiots, I mean, ATV riders and found a nice camp site on the side of the hardware ranch trail:
Camp site

Somebody was nice enough to leave us with plenty of firewood, so I could not resist not making fire. Damn I wish we had some steak to grill!

V-Strom worked as a nice hanger for all the gear though.
V-Strom Camping

Starskey tried to invoke some spirits to bring us some rain to bring the temp down to no avail. I guess he needs a new flute!
Flute by the fire

That's it! In not finding our original route doable, we ended up finding a very nice spot definitely worth camping next time with someone's trailer and use as a base camp to do some exploring.

Hope y'all had fun too!
Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #3417
quota
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr
Sooo..... Starskey's route for this weekend was all *$#)*%)(*#)(%*. After running into gate after gate of private property in the morning,

I was anxiously awaiting the ride report to see how you dealt with all of the gates and private property. Figured that you knew someone or had some keys. Looks like everything ended up working out just fine in the end!
quota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #3418
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitster
I am trying to pllan a Sept ride, anyone going up to the Riggins Id KTM ralley looking for an extra ktm rider to tag along?

Or a fall ride around the Boulder mtns, Burr trail etc... Who's up for something like this?
I have the time and inclination to do a big trip in September. I want to be out for a couple of weeks, almost entirely off road, minimalist camping, that kinda self-abuse.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #3419
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quota
I was anxiously awaiting the ride report to see how you dealt with all of the gates and private property. Figured that you knew someone or had some keys. Looks like everything ended up working out just fine in the end!
It was all part of the fun. Although we'd have gotten a lot more distance was not for the gates.

We did find a BLM road that could've worked if we had smaller bikes though. I still need to look at the map and see where that road would take us.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #3420
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by quota
Heck, I'm a Utah transplant. I don't know anyone that has any keys, I'm not related to anyone that has the keys, and I didn't even know I needed the stupid keys! I'm from Arizona where the gates are unlocked and the ranchers just as that you leave the gate the way you found it.

All I do know is that if Utah is the state with the most public lands in it, they must be surrounded by private property. It's insane/obscene/ridiculous how many locked gates and private property signs are out there.

We started the day the right way, by devouring our limit of empty carbs and cholesterol at the local diner:

It was nice to see some of the reservoirs, but it seems that the road at the far end of each one has a huge gate and a healthy lock.

Finally, after much frustration, gate kicking, finding ourselves on impossible single-tract bypass routes (because the road on the map was blocked by a fence 20 years ago) we did what any adventurous riders would do......we scrapped the plan and started exploring. As BR mentioned we finally ended up at a nice little spot in the middle of nowhere:

Rain would have been nice, but I'm not complaining. Here's the lonely pine that we hung our food and toiletries from, just in case a bear was looking for a midnight snack:

I wish I could have got a better picture of this sunset, as this one doesn't do it any justice. I tried to move to the treeline to see it better, but the underbursh was thick and dense:

Anyhow, Sunday morning, we packed it up and left it looking better than when we arrived:

And we headed out. The morning air was cool and brisk, and there was little dust and few vehicles to dodge on the way out. Back in Huntsville, we fueled up the tanks, and aired up the tires. We tried to start up a conversation with four slabbers on sportbikes, but from their reaction I think it was clear that those of our social level aren't supposed to speak to their kind unless addressed first. I think they feared that if they talked to us, the dirt from our bikes might leap onto their bikes. Oh well, not like we needed new friends.

So, with fresh fuel and air we headed to our respective homes. As with any trip, it was nice to go, and even nicer to be back.

Sadly, after unpacking, I discovered I had a minor casualty. It appears the right side Drtbagz/bracket como put the side number plate in a slight tweak, pushing the plastic against the muffler:

Not sure what I'll do with it, but I can worry about it later.

All said and done:

+200 Miles traveled
+66 mph max speed
+7 hours "in the saddle"
+30 mph average moving speed
-------------------------------
=a nice ride with good company to a sweet location that I intend to further explore soon.

STARSKEY screwed with this post 07-26-2009 at 07:48 PM
STARSKEY is offline   Reply With Quote