ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #3811
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailtwister
Anyone wanna ride in the Uinters tomorrow? Probly bring my fishin pole ... even though the bigass dirtbike usually bogarts my time all day.
I wanna, but can't. My weekend is full 'cause my wife, dogs and myself are getting ready to disappear deep into norcal.

sorry, bro; let's try to ride some other time.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #3812
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 467
Ramble on

I'm gonna just ramble about my ramble here for a minute. Wish you'da been there.

Great ride last w'end ... Saturday, wife and daughter drove the pickup to Elko for a family get-together, and I took the loooooong way to meet them there.

Left SLC just before noon, I-15 N to Malad. My new Pirelli knobbies sang so loud I actually thought there was a siren coming up behind me once for a second. Gas in Malad then West through Holbrook, the back roads and mountain roads to Rogerson to Malta (knarly washed out road!), Almo, had a burger and a beer (Steinlager!) at Oakley, then to the base of Badger Mountain for a late, and lets say austere, camp. 300 miles the first day.

Sunday morning to Magic Mountain then Rogerson, Threecreek then Jarbidge for a burger, a beer and a Labor Day parade!! Antique autos, fire engine, jeeps up and down the dirt main street several times. Way cool. Wish I coulda stayed for the Corn Feed at 4:00 ... Ribs, corn and great people! But no, blasted South past the junction to Deeth. I was looking for N Fk Humbolt, but missed the turn and popped out at hwy 225. I started back into the dirt roads looking for the sneaky N Fk road but I was in a little sliver of country for which I didn't have a map, so I got scared and back to the hwy and South. 560 miles.

Probly just as well cause it was coming up on dinnertime and the fam was waiting for me in Spring Cr. Mom was givin me the stink eye for riding alone I guess. Sisters thought I was f'ing crazy. The bro-fro-ano-mo and the cuz thought I must be tougher than a nail. Wife just sorta rolled her eyes up in her head.

I always wanted to explore that area. Dad's best freind, Bill Pogue and his partner gamewarden Conelly Elms were murdered in the Owyhee desert by Claud Dallas in the early 80s and I kept thinking about Dad and the other lawmen out there looking for Bill's body and for Dallas.

Friggin big country out there. You gotta get gas at every opportunity. One little get-lost and you could easily face a hundred unplanned miles. Big, wide and long.

Monday we played a half day at the horse races, loaded up the Adv and schlepped it home in the pickup.

Huh?!! F*ckin A!

No matter where you go, there you are.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #3813
frank wheelbarrow
ten four

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
I'm gonna just ramble about my ramble here for a minute. Wish you'da been there.

Great ride last w'end ... Saturday, wife and daughter drove the pickup to Elko for a family get-together, and I took the loooooong way to meet them there.

Left SLC just before noon, I-15 N to Malad. My new Pirelli knobbies sang so loud I actually thought there was a siren coming up behind me once for a second. Gas in Malad then West through Holbrook, the back roads and mountain roads to Rogerson to Malta (knarly washed out road!), Almo, had a burger and a beer (Steinlager!) at Oakley, then to the base of Badger Mountain for a late, and lets say austere, camp. 300 miles the first day.

Sunday morning to Magic Mountain then Rogerson, Threecreek then Jarbidge for a burger, a beer and a Labor Day parade!! Antique autos, fire engine, jeeps up and down the dirt main street several times. Way cool. Wish I coulda stayed for the Corn Feed at 4:00 ... Ribs, corn and great people! But no, blasted South past the junction to Deeth. I was looking for N Fk Humbolt, but missed the turn and popped out at hwy 225. I started back into the dirt roads looking for the sneaky N Fk road but I was in a little sliver of country for which I didn't have a map, so I got scared and back to the hwy and South. 560 miles.

Probly just as well cause it was coming up on dinnertime and the fam was waiting for me in Spring Cr. Mom was givin me the stink eye for riding alone I guess. Sisters thought I was f'ing crazy. The bro-fro-ano-mo and the cuz thought I must be tougher than a nail. Wife just sorta rolled her eyes up in her head.

I always wanted to explore that area. Dad's best freind, Bill Pogue and his partner gamewarden Conelly Elms were murdered in the Owyhee desert by Claud Dallas in the early 80s and I kept thinking about Dad and the other lawmen out there looking for Bill's body and for Dallas.

Friggin big country out there. You gotta get gas at every opportunity. One little get-lost and you could easily face a hundred unplanned miles. Big, wide and long.

Monday we played a half day at the horse races, loaded up the Adv and schlepped it home in the pickup.

Huh?!! F*ckin A!

I broke my bike in doing a lot of those roads. Memories. Would pay money, for family shot as u pulled up to meet them all.
know that they are only 5 outcomes at the end of the two weeks: Finish, Mechanical, Abandon, Injuries, Death.
frank wheelbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #3814
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank wheelbarrow
I broke my bike in doing a lot of those roads. Memories. Would pay money, for family shot as u pulled up to meet them all.
Ah-Yaaaaaa! Them were the days.

Trailtwister, thanks for the "ramble". One of my most memorable rides was in and around that area.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #3815
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,726
Sun wrenching for lunch

Coupla us are wrenching at my place at high noon on Sunday... then maybe ridin the B

BYOTools, bevs, babes (not sharin mine, except for the tools, which i'm not exactly a mechanic, or organized)

We'll make some pizza.

PM me for the address...

TWISTED ride Twister, my 650 would have blown up!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #3816
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Quote:

Huh?!! F*ckin A!

Cool ride twister.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #3817
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

question about skyline

Has anyone ever been to the end of Arthur Fork Spur off of Skyline?

Is it a dead end?
Old 09-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #3818
dozer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev
Coupla us are wrenching at my place at high noon on Sunday... then maybe ridin the B

BYOTools, bevs, babes (not sharin mine, except for the tools, which i'm not exactly a mechanic, or organized)

We'll make some pizza.

PM me for the address...

TWISTED ride Twister, my 650 would have blown up!
Let me know what time you'll make it to the B and I'll join ya.
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #3819
GISkev
wwfsmd?

sunday B

not sure that we'll ride... purely cerveza dependent...

Old 09-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #3820
1Percenter
Novice

Oddometer: 6
Thumb Willard Peak / Ben Lomond

Saw 2 guys on dual sports riding some very narrow single track around Willard Peak and Ben Lomond this afternoon. That was some impressive riding!!

'07 KLR650
'05 KLR250
'06 TTR125LE
'02 YZ250
1Percenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #3821
quota
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracruz
Has anyone ever been to the end of Arthur Fork Spur off of Skyline?

Is it a dead end?
Which Skyline does it go off of? Too many different Skyline Drive roads around here to keep straight. Arthur Fork doesn't sound familiar, but I can check maps and old GPS tracks.
quota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #3822
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Talking Sat/Sun Campout!

Saturday Night Camp Out:

Who: me
What: camp out
Where: dunno yet... could go big and trailer somewhere, could just ride from SLC...
When: ride Sat/sun (camp sat pm)
Why: to ride and camp out...

Any takers? I'll most likely take the plated XR650...

Old 09-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #3823
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev
Saturday Night Camp Out:

Who: me
What: camp out
Where: dunno yet... could go big and trailer somewhere, could just ride from SLC...
When: ride Sat/sun (camp sat pm)
Why: to ride and camp out...

Any takers? I'll most likely take the plated XR650...
I'm game. I'm OK w/ trailering down....more space for steak and beer....er..I mean...we avoid slabbing and can do more dirt riding since we can bring gas and stuff...
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #3824
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Hey BoogerShooter. Did you get your 690?

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #3825
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
Hey BoogerShooter. Did you get your 690?

Nope. The asshat that got me all excited about selling the bike bailed. He made an offer before getting a loan approved.

Oh well...