ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #3841
NOTAR_520
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracruz
No, it is not the one that runs towards the radar towers. Take farmington flats and go to the SE edge of farmington flats. This is where Arthur Fork Spur (AFS) begins. I looked on google maps last night and at a minimum there is some pretty cool small loops on AFS (very technical and not good if it is wet due to the clay). What I can't tell is whether or not any of the what apppears to turn into single track continues on.
Can you use your crayon on this. these close rides are great. I'll do some Google maps searching today near the area.

My GF is having surgery on Friday, no ride for me in the short term, some of you guys have a good looking ride ahead!!
NOTAR_520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #3842
dakardad
Not waiting for anyone

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
I am leaving Friday for another attempt on circumnavigating the state off road...or just riding for a week or two. Let me know where you guys will be, and I will try and join you.
I'm leaving today for Boulder tonight, Page tomorrow, and back to Boulder the next. Your welcome at my place! If you didn't get directions I'll be 'sweeping' the town every afternoon for late shows after my rides.
C-ya.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #3843
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad
I'm leaving today for Boulder tonight, Page tomorrow, and back to Boulder the next. Your welcome at my place! If you didn't get directions I'll be 'sweeping' the town every afternoon for late shows after my rides.
C-ya.
I plan on stopping by, not sure when yet.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #3844
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 762
If any of this riding happens to come remotely close to my neck of the woods, I'd love to join in. I can't vacate for the weekend, but could join in for a days ride.

Hick, last time I talked to you, your ride was possibly going over baxter. If that happens I'll eat your dust this time around.

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #3845
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailtwister
Oooh! Sounds tempting. You asked for ideas ... Not many weekends left for high mountain riding, so...

- North slope (Uintas) road from Mirror Lake Hwy to Flaming Gorge... HickonaCrick said he rode dirt all the way. Spend the night at Dutch John and Back Sunday. We'd have to find an alternate route back, maybe through Duchesne... does 9-mile canyon go all the way through?
- I saw your response to the guy looking for a dirt road to Moab... And the Swell sounds, well, swell.
- Pineview Res to Paradise near Hyrum, then Hardware Ranch, multiple possibilities north to Beaver Mtn resort, Franklin Basin, German Dugway, Fish Haven Cyn to Bear Lake, back up St Charles cyn, then start beating it South again.
- Cokeville Wyomin' north on a secret trail to Salt Creek, E to Salt R pass, graded road S to 3-Divide pass, Labarge creek to Fontenelle Res, N to Big Piney, W up Piney Cr, back to 3-Divide, down the Ham's fk to Kemmerer or Smiths Fk to Cokeville. I did the first part of this three weeks ago.

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof. -- B Russell
I know a nice route from eastern UT back to SLC... moon lake to blind stream, to hanna, then west fork o the duchesne river to heber... it's probably familiar to many on this list.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #3846
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAR_520
Can you use your crayon on this. these close rides are great. I'll do some Google maps searching today near the area.
Here is the map with some extra notes. The green line is a the road through framington flats. The rec X is the begining of arthur fork spur. The torquis line is about as far down as I got hence the ? mark.

I've posted the map here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ronald.c...17775513715058

I have looked at satellite imagery of the area and it seems that it may just be a spur as the name implies, but the trees are thick so it is hard to tell.

It is pretty steep and washed out due to the clay. So if anyone goes to check it out take it easy if it is still wet from this rain. That clay may be slick.

Well, I've gotta pack and then hit the road. I'll chat at y'all in a 2 weeks.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #3847
GISkev
wwfsmd?

King Arthur Fork

The 24K Topo shows nothing except a 4x4 road coming up from beneath, but dead ends when the drainage splits 3 ways .

Old 09-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #3848
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr
Giskev, I am also OK w/ just choosing a general area and exploring around. I just noticed that from Lake Creek Rd (where we rode towards strawberry), we could take currant creek rd. I've never been in that area, but I'm OK w/ that.
There's riding all over that area that would be good for your beast... we could even jump down to Skyline south of Hwy 6...

I do like the idea of retracing Hicks North slope line also, but his stream crossing sounded crappy...

half of Twister's routes are unfamiliar to me, so i vote for those if he's got the recon nailed... certainly there's not too much high altitude riding left and the leaves should be glowing!

I'll plan to ride with the posse Sat AM and maybe circumcise, I mean coincide, with Hick's tour if the planets align...

Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #3849
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 864
Short Notice 2 day pound down the range - Sept 24-25 - Anyone?

I need to pre-ride some two-track for a ride next summer with some dirt noobs. I've done this trip before but it has been a few years and I want to check out some new roads/trails. I plan to start in SLC and see how far south I can get in one day via road/trail and come back the next. Camping out over night. My riding buddy backed out and I'd rather not go solo. I may drive down close to I-70 and ride the rest (I'd like to make it to Jacob Lake). It will be a long couple of days of riding but should be fun. I'm on a DRZ. I know it is during the week and that doesn't work for most. It's a gap I have in my schedule that I can make work. Let me know if anyone is interested.

-Phil
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #3850
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo
I need to pre-ride some two-track for a ride next summer with some dirt noobs. I've done this trip before but it has been a few years and I want to check out some new roads/trails. I plan to start in SLC and see how far south I can get in one day via road/trail and come back the next. Camping out over night. My riding buddy backed out and I'd rather not go solo. I may drive down close to I-70 and ride the rest (I'd like to make it to Jacob Lake). It will be a long couple of days of riding but should be fun. I'm on a DRZ. I know it is during the week and that doesn't work for most. It's a gap I have in my schedule that I can make work. Let me know if anyone is interested.

-Phil
Lots o' options there... best IMHO are either Stockon/5mile/Eureka/CherryCreek or BCC/Heber/Walsburg/Strawberry/SoldierSummit/Skyline (if dirt roads are acceptable for the latter route)

Old 09-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #3851
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 464
Routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev
There's riding all over that area that would be good for your beast... we could even jump down to Skyline south of Hwy 6...

I do like the idea of retracing Hicks North slope line also, but his stream crossing sounded crappy...

half of Twister's routes are unfamiliar to me, so i vote for those if he's got the recon nailed... certainly there's not too much high altitude riding left and the leaves should be glowing!

I'll plan to ride with the posse Sat AM and maybe circumcise, I mean coincide, with Hick's tour if the planets align...
I can plan a couple possible routes in more detail. To get to some strange cuntry, and still have time for lotsa dirt, we'd need to leave early and ride the highway a while. Can y'all stand couple hours on the F'way first thing in the am?

Trailtwister screwed with this post 09-15-2009 at 08:25 PM
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #3852
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
The 24K Topo shows nothing except a 4x4 road coming up from beneath, but dead ends when the drainage splits 3 ways .
Thanks Kev; that's pretty much what the satellite imagery showed as well.
The satellite images show 2/3 turn into single track. Can't tell if it is game trail
or something ride able.

terracruz screwed with this post 09-15-2009 at 08:49 PM
terracruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #3853
pilo
Rhymes with below

Has anyone connected East mountain (top of Imi Canyon) to the B in Bountiful.

I've ridden from the B south to the great western trail and followed a bunch of singletrack south but never made it the rest of the way. I'm sure it comes out, just curious if anyone has done it.

-Phil
Old 09-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #3854
pilo
Rhymes with below

Quote:
Lots o' options there... best IMHO are either Stockon/5mile/Eureka/CherryCreek or BCC/Heber/Walsburg/Strawberry/SoldierSummit/Skyline (if dirt roads are acceptable for the latter route)
I agree for the northern part of the trip that would be great. For the southern part to get to the AZ border I plan to hit salina, piute trails, kodachrome to paria then cross over and go directly south to Jacob Lake, AZ. Last gas is escalante if I remember correctly. The last time I did it I had no GPS, just maps...got lost trying to get to JL but made it eventually.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #3855
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 464
Where the F is BFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
If any of this riding happens to come remotely close to my neck of the woods, I'd love to join in. I can't vacate for the weekend, but could join in for a days ride.

Hick, last time I talked to you, your ride was possibly going over baxter. If that happens I'll eat your dust this time around.
Ryman, where the f*ck is BFE, anyway?

Kev, if Hick crossed the crick by himself (well almost), we can prob'ly wrestle even the Strom and the Adv across with two or three guys. Maybe the N slope to Flaming Boy-George and back via Hanna is still a contenda... Meanwhile, I'll scope out a Wyomin' route as an alternate.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote