ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #3871
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvUMan
If anyone is "really" interested in having "others" participate, it would be nice to talk in plain English and perhaps show a map or two. Minor details like time and places to meet, would heaven forbid be above and beyond the call of duty.
Well...we only want the people crazy enough to go without having a set plan set in stone.

If y'all want to meet at my place, I have plenty of space and some beers.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #3872
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev
we always thought you were just hiding out there so you wouldn't have any competition!

I can't wait for the tour though Ry, but this weekend's going to have to be more riding than slabbing/trailering for me! maybe when i get a 3 day weekend!
No problemo. Sounds like you guys have a fun ride planned. Looking forward to meeting and riding with some other crazy ass adventure rider types.

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #3873
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 466
Hey, I've been there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
I rode Hwy 150 past Xmas meadows, then took FR 058 headed East. I believe the signs say Elizabeth Mountain Pass. Pretty fast, easy hardpacked dirt road until I reached the summit.

Lots of roads like this:

As you can see, the shadows were getting long, I was nowhere near halfway, and I still didn't even know if I could make it all the way across.

Lots of pretty meadows, but not many pictures as I was running low on time.

Getting darker
Hick you must be quite a stud. Heckuva ride.

I think I recognize that meadow, just E of Eliz Pass. My longtime pal Hess, from Montpelier ID, girlfriend (now wife) and I camped and mountain biked there in jeezeIdunno 1993-ish. I got a photo with that meadow covered with daisies (or dandylions or some friggin flower). And about 6 weeks ago Hess and I rode through there on our DS bikes. He recognized the meadow then too.

Small world for bein so friggin big, huh?

Didn't quite make it to Flaming Boy-
George, though. Big, high-Uinters, nasty dark Rain blew us North through Mountain View and Kemmerer (they were having like Beet Days or something -- live music, and you can drink beer and smoke ribs in the streets!) (loose town) (the last 'er' is silent) (parenthetically speaking), to Mt. Pilot.

Sounds like we'll pass through Elizabeth's ass Saturday. Too bad you're going ahead of us and South ... It'd be interesting to meet you. I'll be watchin for Hick tracks.

Fundamental Law of Navigation: No matter where you go, there you are.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #3874
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr

If y'all want to meet at my place, I have plenty of space and some beers.
So if BrShooter lives anywhere near Emigration Cyn, let's find out his address and meet there at 7:00 AM for beers ; ), or sleep over at his place! and kickstands up by 7:30 AM, otherwise meet at a coffee shop near Emigration Cyn... (any coffee shop suggestions? eisteins is a little too far south)

>>>Emigration Cyn/ Big Mtn / East Cyn / Henefer / Coalville / Whitney Res / Bear River Station (gas) / North Slope Uintahs / Hicks River x-ing / Hoop Lake / Dutch John / camp...

return to SLC via:

...some nice roads that others know / moon lake / rock creek / blind stream / hanna / west frk duchesne riv / heber / gaurdsmans / bcc / slc...

I'll post a map after i eat my deer steak....

I love u man! (in?)

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #3875
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
So if BrShooter lives anywhere near Emigration Cyn, let's find out his address and meet there at 7:00 AM for beers ; ), or sleep over at his place! and kickstands up by 7:30 AM, otherwise meet at a coffee shop near Emigration Cyn... (any coffee shop suggestions? eisteins is a little too far south)

>>>Emigration Cyn/ Big Mtn / East Cyn / Henefer / Coalville / Whitney Res / Bear River Station (gas) / North Slope Uintahs / Hicks River x-ing / Hoop Lake / Dutch John / camp...

return to SLC via:

...some nice roads that others know / moon lake / rock creek / blind stream / hanna / west frk duchesne riv / heber / gaurdsmans / bcc / slc...

I post a map after i eat my deer steak....

I love u man! (in?)
Well...I won't make it. If you guys are leaving at 7:30, I'm definitely not making it! But...I can go on a ride Saturday morning until about early afternoon, so I could tag along for the first section of the ride and then bail.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #3876
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
(any coffee shop suggestions? eisteins is a little too far south)
There is a Starbucks (Charbucks, fivebucks) in the strip mall on Foothill between 13th and 15th South.

If I cannot get my bike prepped by tomorrow, I may be postponing until Saturday morning anyway. If that is the case, I live very near Emigration Canyon, and we can meet at my house for Coffee...I may even make some B'fast for you F'ers.

Attempting the Henry's Fork Creek Crossing solo with a loaded big bike is sounding less and less appealing. I can't count on the workers being there every time I get stuck
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #3877
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Quote:
There is a Starbucks (Charbucks, fivebucks) in the strip mall on Foothill between 13th and 15th South.

If I cannot get my bike prepped by tomorrow, I may be postponing until Saturday morning anyway. If that is the case, I live very near Emigration Canyon, and we can meet at my house for Coffee...I may even make some B'fast for you F'ers.

Attempting the Henry's Fork Creek Crossing solo with a loaded big bike is sounding less and less appealing. I can't count on the workers being there every time I get stuck

Procrastinate your bike prep! (or see if twister can take off friday)

I'll bring fresh home grown farm eggs, and tomatoes for omletts! I'll get up at 4 am and we can get out to v land to meet ryman!

what up starskey?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #3878
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 466
In

Quote:

return to SLC via:

I love u man! (in?)
I'm in! Gotta work Fri, though.

BR, whassup?? 7:30 too early? If you're like me, you'll be too excited to sleep anyway!

I like you guys ok, but we just met ... maybe after you help schlepp my bigass dirtbike across Hick's crick ...

Ok, what's the harm.
XOXOXO.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #3879
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailtwister
I'm in! Gotta work Fri, though.

BR, whassup?? 7:30 too early? If you're like me, you'll be too excited to sleep anyway!

I like you guys ok, but we just met ... maybe after you help schlepp my bigass dirtbike across Hick's crick ...

Ok, what's the harm.
XOXOXO.
It's not the waking up early, it's all the school crap that accumulates just before midterms. What the hell, I'll just join y'all for breakfast and ride 'til about noon(ish) and then start heading back.

Let's ride bitches!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #3880
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Saturday it is guys. My address is:

t00-3hree-0ne-ate East Kensington Avenue (1525 South). You need to enter off Foothill because the road is closed from 2300 East. When exiting off Foothill, just ignore the "Road Closed" signs. My house is on the South side with a M'cycle trailer sitting on the street in front.

I will see you guys at 7AM, and I will have some breakfast and coffee ready to go. Please give me an RSVP so I know how many will be there.

In:

GISKEV
BR Shooter
Trailtwister

Anyone else?
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #3881
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,079
Quote:
Saturday it is guys. My address is:

t00-3hree-0ne-ate East Kensington Avenue (1525 South). You need to enter off Foothill because the road is closed from 2300 East. When exiting off Foothill, just ignore the "Road Closed" signs. My house is on the South side with a M'cycle trailer sitting on the street in front.

I will see you guys at 7AM, and I will have some breakfast and coffee ready to go. Please give me an RSVP so I know how many will be there.

In:

GISKEV
BR Shooter
Trailtwister

Anyone else?
I wish I could make it... Working all weekend.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #3882
rennsportgsguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Laugh Sunday 9/20/2009 Demo's, Food And Fun

Please join BMW/Triumph of Salt Lake at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. Good selection of bikes to demo, BBQ, and Fun.
10:00 AM until 2:00 PM
Questions ? 801-936-4600
Tell em Rennsport sent you
rennsportgsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #3883
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
I hope this trip over Baxter goes smoother than the last one!

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #3884
ScottG
Razor Sharp

Oddometer: 264
Quote:

return to SLC via:

I love u man! (in?)
So is this route V-Strom friendly? I don't mind a riding dirt just so long it doesn't get too knarly.

I haven't ridden with any of you yet, not because I haven't wanted to, the planets haven't lined up for me to do so until now. Hope you don't mind me tagging along?

I'm a strong maybe, 90% for this ride. I would probably ride with you until noon-ish then head back to town.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #3885
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG
So is this route V-Strom friendly? I don't mind a riding dirt just so long it doesn't get too knarly.

I haven't ridden with any of you yet, not because I haven't wanted to, the planets haven't lined up for me to do so until now. Hope you don't mind me tagging along?

I'm a strong maybe, 90% for this ride. I would probably ride with you until noon-ish then head back to town.
Vstrom could hack it if you ride it like BrShooter rides his! 50/50 tire would be desirable, but the chaulk creek rd to whitney res is just forest rd, nothin too bad.

you could bail from whitney res, and head back over mirror lake hwy, or there are bail out options earlier...