ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #4156
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI
Ya, you betchya!!!!!
A few of my buddys and I have been run'n em around the hills here for a couple of years now. They do really well.
I know jack about them. What's the scoop? What's the product to buy?
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #4157
danstewart
crf250x Scorpa 4t &sy250r
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 54
Thumb Dumb Girls Bike Mount is too cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbgirl
So Fano, Frog, the Princes and I went to Jerico for round 7 of the AMA national Hare & Hound championship. Frog was the second guy off the amateur start until he went down SO HARD it knocked him back to last week. He got up, bloody nose and all, got back on the bike but funny thing...didn't remember any of it. Came to around mile 30! Mean while, Fano and I got stuck in a swamp that looked more like a Valdeze spill than a desert race. Way Fun. Here's a few picks:

Fano with the engine he finished rebuilding at !0:28pm the night before:



Here's Frog...having a hard time piecing the day together:





Dumb Girl, Frog, Fano, & 35P!



They gave Fano a trophy because they didn't have to send Search & Rescue out to find him at the end of the race.



Now I'm off to Moab for a week with my new bike mount my husband made for me:



Now, other than Hick, who's ready for ski season?
When are we going to Bountiful again?! I am always ready and waiting for a phone call!
__________________
xr650r crf450x
danstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #4158
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Anyone know the scoop on the roads that lead east/west through the northern end (north of I-80) of the Air Force Restricted areas near the Stansbury range? There's a road that just barely crosses into the restricted area............

Looking for a dirt route to Wendover and some west desert stuff, but the maps show a big restricted access area.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #4159
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
Anyone know the scoop on the roads that lead east/west through the northern end (north of I-80) of the Air Force Restricted areas near the Stansbury range? There's a road that just barely crosses into the restricted area............

Looking for a dirt route to Wendover and some west desert stuff, but the maps show a big restricted access area.
you (we) can get from SLC to Grantsville DS, then Delle to the Knolls on dirt... been there done that... from there West? dunno, but i'd try w/ ya!
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #4160
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,650
Laugh Fri/sat/sun/mon MOAB!!!!!

PM me (us)
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #4161
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev
you (we) can get from SLC to Grantsville DS, then Delle to the Knolls on dirt... been there done that... from there West? dunno, but i'd try w/ ya!
Was thinking of doing a loop starting on the north side of I-80, west across to Stansbury's, west to the Salt Flats, around the north side of the mountains immediately NE of Wendover. Gas up in Wendover, then return to SLC via Knolls and all the stuff south of I-80.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #4162
Fjr eh
Captain Adventure
 
Fjr eh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 45
Weather Forecast - Long Term

The weather's looking good.
We'll start packing this weekend
Departure, early on the 13th....
Fjr eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #4163
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
Was thinking of doing a loop starting on the north side of I-80, west across to Stansbury's, west to the Salt Flats, around the north side of the mountains immediately NE of Wendover. Gas up in Wendover, then return to SLC via Knolls and all the stuff south of I-80.
When are you thinking of doing this loop?
__________________
Vrrrrrrrrrrooooooooommmmmmmmmm!!!
terracruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #4164
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracruz
When are you thinking of doing this loop?
Don't have time for a couple weeks, and I usually ride mid-week.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #4165
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
Anyone know the scoop on the roads that lead east/west through the northern end (north of I-80) of the Air Force Restricted areas near the Stansbury range? There's a road that just barely crosses into the restricted area............

Looking for a dirt route to Wendover and some west desert stuff, but the maps show a big restricted access area.

Don't know exactly what you're looking at but..............back in the day.......'bout 25 years ago.........I rode out that way with a couple of Wyo buddies........we were on restricted range and nearly got strafed......they sent their enforcement folks out after us on three-wheelers (25 years ago ) and we watched their flags bouncing along the dunes.........easily dodged.........HOWEVER..........my buddies went back a few weeks later and they had noted the parking area for the truck.....this time they were waiting when the bikes returned.........it was a fugly fine......and this was in the days before terrorism.....

I hear they're not amused by any range intrusions now and it's even more fugly than the fine..........
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #4166
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mknight's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Harrisville, Utah
Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbgirl
So Fano, Frog, the Princes and I went to Jerico for round 7 of the AMA national Hare & Hound championship. Frog was the second guy off the amateur start until he went down SO HARD it knocked him back to last week. He got up, bloody nose and all, got back on the bike but funny thing...didn't remember any of it. Came to around mile 30! Mean while, Fano and I got stuck in a swamp that looked more like a Valdeze spill than a desert race. Way Fun. Here's a few picks:

Fano with the engine he finished rebuilding at !0:28pm the night before:
Dumbgirl, Fano, Frog, and others. Glad to see the pics and good reports. I was there working Checkpoint 1 (gas check) when you came in and claimed a swamp monster almost ate you. That made us laugh. Looks like everyone had fun!
__________________
Thanks to all who helped support Josh in his effort to represent Team USA in Italy at the ISDE in 2013 and Germany in 2012.
mknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #4167
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
Don't have time for a couple weeks, and I usually ride mid-week.
Mid-week may work for me as I have a flexible schedule. Let me know when you go.
__________________
Vrrrrrrrrrrooooooooommmmmmmmmm!!!
terracruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #4168
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,031
Man, today is nice. I want to be out riding but stuck at work. What to do, what to do!
__________________
~ BMWF800GS ~

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #4169
Signal
Cynical Idealist
 
Signal's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 8,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH
Man, today is nice. I want to be out riding but stuck at work. What to do, what to do!
Fake a cough, make for the door
Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #4170
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal
Fake a cough, make for the door
Good idea but, I also need a paycheck!
__________________
~ BMWF800GS ~

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014