ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #4246
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
I could ride around on dirt roads like the Pony express my whole life and never crash but whats the point. To me anything with road in the name isn't much fun unless your on a bike with bald tires flattracking it around corners. I'll have plenty of time when I'm old to ride like an old man till then.
That is assuming you make it to be an old man! Some of us have spent some time inspecting the terra firma at hi speed enuf to know that it hurts. Of course that is the advantage of youth...faster healing!

As is said...discretion is the better part of valor. And then there is...Live to fight another day.
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #4247
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
Man I hope so...and chained...maybe a little cool whip, a disco ball, a 1977 Chevy Van with wall-to-wall carpeting...oooh, and some midgets!
See...this is what I was worried about....dillusions...hallucinations...looney tunes!

It's too late.
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #4248
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
I think utards should go to Baja. Not really to race.....but more like a bunch of tards cruising safely down dirt roads and trails like a bunch of pony express riders. He He He He! Bitches!

Don't wory hick I'll help you pick your bike up when you get tired!
I am putting serious consideration into this suggestion, just let me get the rest of my life figured out, which should happen sometime in early December.

Oh, and where the hell were you last weekend, I was getting pretty tired when my bike was on the wrong side of gravity and I was alone on the side of a hill
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #4249
pluric
Banned

Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by [COLOR=yellow
harcus[/COLOR]]That is assuming you make it to be an old man! Some of us have spent some time inspecting the terra firma at hi speed enuf to know that it hurts. Of course that is the advantage of youth...faster healing!

As is said...discretion is the better part of valor. And then there is...Live to fight another day.

Oh look, Rumpelstiltskin woke up.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #4250
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
I am putting serious consideration into this suggestion, just let me get the rest of my life figured out, which should happen sometime in early December.

Oh, and where the hell were you last weekend, I was getting pretty tired when my bike was on the wrong side of gravity and I was alone on the side of a hill
I am anxiously waiting for the smoke to clear from your crystal ball of responsibility. I'm telling my peeps that I'm going sometime after winter clears out. I'm sure the dates will work theselves out. I am becoming obsessed with the thought of doing this. Yesterday I ordered a camelbak that carries twice as much shit as the one I have now with the thought of using it in baja. I'm becoming financialy committed........

Where the hell WAS I last weekend?.....I should have been standing there laughing and taking pictures!

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #4251
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
I don't know about midgets and disco balls, but I hear in Baja the beaches are packed with naked surfing chicks!

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #4252
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,766
If everything goes as planned I'm heading to baja the end of may and will be looking for a chase truck driver and pit crew. It'll be a good old time and we will be prerunning the course so there will be plenty of riding involved.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #4253
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
I don't know about midgets and disco balls, but I hear in Baja the beaches are packed with naked surfing chicks!

I'm in!

Well, possibly. I'm guessing it will be little chilly down there and I need to buy some cold weather gear. I know of a great Hostel on the coast the the little fishing village of Erendera. I've spent a couple of new years in this area and it would be great for riding.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #4254
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
I've whined about this all year but..... I am just finishing up a remodel of
a building that has taken any free time I have. Next year is MINE! I'll be
back with a vengence. Wait, how vengeful can you be on a KLR?
Alright old man river what is this klr hit you just did above. I'll show you vengeance when my 450lb bike (KLR 650) with my 225lb body runs you and your little suzoo over :)

No, just kidding. The KLR 650 I have does have some short comings. The suspension is just springs and now that I have 2000 miles on it the crappy little springs have lost about 0.5 - 1 inch of travel. I can now flat foot my bike and I couldn't do this when it was new. Also, with a full tank of gas it feels like one is riding with a 50lb tank bag. Makes things exciting.

Hey pluric, how is your little suzoo on those long stretches of slab that are between the dirt? I can tell you my klr is down right comfy on these.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #4255
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,723
comfy...

My XR400 is more comfortable than my XR650R, cuz its seat is softer... 600 miles around the Uintahs w/ Twister was actually quite comfy on the XR400 as we were on dirt roads without the constant barrage of wind that kills at high speeds for long hours.

Having said that, now that Dirty-Diesel (FNG is the vernacular in his trade, i believe, not nOOb) taught me how to rebuild a top end, i'll primarily be on my 650!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #4256
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Thumb Cherry Creek Ride on Monday October 19th??

We are taking the little bikes... feel free to join us.

Meet at the Alpine exit at 9 AM. (In the park and ride.)

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #4257
pluric
Banned

Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracruz
Alright old man river what is this klr hit you just did above. I'll show you vengeance when my 450lb bike (KLR 650) with my 225lb body runs you and your little suzoo over :)

No, just kidding. The KLR 650 I have does have some short comings. The suspension is just springs and now that I have 2000 miles on it the crappy little springs have lost about 0.5 - 1 inch of travel. I can now flat foot my bike and I couldn't do this when it was new. Also, with a full tank of gas it feels like one is riding with a 50lb tank bag. Makes things exciting.

Hey pluric, how is your little suzoo on those long stretches of slab that are between the dirt? I can tell you my klr is down right comfy on these.

Terracruz, I only make fun of the shit I own. That's why I prefer to have
this many bikes. Keeps the field of abuse wide open.

KLR in Copper Canyon last year...

(Old man in a river, You're good)

On the way home 750 miles in a day on a KLR comfy?, No, survivable yes.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #4258
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
I only make fun of the shit I own.
Liar. Unless you're a closet Buell owner!!

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #4259
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
May in Baja is sounding pretty good to me - it may be my last hurrah with you bitches. Ryman, are you still trying to heat up the dino-juice in May, or has it warmed up by then?
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #4260
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
We are taking the little bikes... feel free to join us.

Meet at the Alpine exit at 9 AM. (In the park and ride.)

How little? I have Monday off work and keeping an eye to the weather.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote