ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #5146
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 773
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...cat=236&lpid=1

This would make a sweet adventure bike. Middle weight four stroke with a SIX SPEED! Wish I could buy another. No, it's not mine. I just want it.
__________________

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #5147
tylerjwhite
Wandering Mtn Goat
 
tylerjwhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Oddometer: 875
Laugh Ya

I would love a bike like that to. I am trying to sell/trade my 70's boat with a rebuilt engine as a down payment or across for a dirt bike of some sort. If I had an option it would be something like that bike.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=9207729&cat=147

That is the boat I want to trade for a bike.

__________________
‎"We shall not cease from exploration, And the end of all our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time."

Family Youth Yoga and Future Farmers
tylerjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #5148
tylerjwhite
Wandering Mtn Goat
 
tylerjwhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Oddometer: 875
Laugh Board ride up Spanish Fork Canyon

So my wife and I headed up Spanish Fork Canyon on my Behemoth 1150GS and her Trail 90. Why you ask well I got a helmet cam and wanted to make some dumb little video and well there is just to much snow to go anywhere else. Check it out or skim right on to the next Thread up to you.

Happy New year.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1fVFCtVdyE


__________________
‎"We shall not cease from exploration, And the end of all our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time."

Family Youth Yoga and Future Farmers
tylerjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #5149
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...cat=236&lpid=1

This would make a sweet adventure bike. Middle weight four stroke with a SIX SPEED! Wish I could buy another. No, it's not mine. I just want it.
What does that thing weigh in at?

Googled it and couldn't find specs.

Where the hell would you get parts for it when it's time for valve/top end work?
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #5150
tylerjwhite
Wandering Mtn Goat
 
tylerjwhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Oddometer: 875
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
What does that thing weigh in at?

Googled it and couldn't find specs.

Where the hell would you get parts for it when it's time for valve/top end work?


There is a BMW/Husqvarna dealership in Salt Lake I think on 90th and I am sure they will have anything you would need. Google BMW of Utah.

__________________
‎"We shall not cease from exploration, And the end of all our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time."

Family Youth Yoga and Future Farmers
tylerjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #5151
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
What does that thing weigh in at?

Googled it and couldn't find specs.

Where the hell would you get parts for it when it's time for valve/top end work?
Don't know about the weight, I'm guessing 250-260.

Cool they made a big tank for it!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/H...o/P1010222.jpg

Parts? I bet you could get anything you want here.
http://www.husqvarna-parts.com

Don't know about the dual exhaust? I'd have to do something about that.
__________________

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #5152
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjwhite
There is a BMW/Husqvarna dealership in Salt Lake I think on 90th and I am sure they will have anything you would need. Google BMW of Utah.

With the low dollar/high euro, does one get bent over for just about everything? Versus the dollar to yen right now........
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #5153
tylerjwhite
Wandering Mtn Goat
 
tylerjwhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Oddometer: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
With the low dollar/high euro, does one get bent over for just about everything? Versus the dollar to yen right now........
Got me... I don't buy anything BMW new, used only for me. They are way over priced but IMHO there the best of the best on the market.
__________________
‎"We shall not cease from exploration, And the end of all our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time."

Family Youth Yoga and Future Farmers
tylerjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #5154
harcus
Beastly Adventurer
 
harcus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Edge of the Wasatch
Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
All right, let's get back to me now. Cause really that's who's
it's all about.

Went back out to 5 Mile today. Warmer and clear skys.
It was a beautiful day.

First time the Rhino met it's match. More me really, I was
alone and the trail had a nice mini cliff if I messed up.
Didn't feel like walking out or crawling?





If you go up this hill,



then you get this view...



Then you have to get back down.




Very fun afternoon. I'm not going to want to back to the bikes
after the bucket seats of the Rhino.
OK...I'm curious....

1. How fast will this water buffalo go on pavement?
2. Is it stable at that speed with those funny tires?
3. Is that big box in the back for your lunch?
4. Do you have a heater? (You obviously have an air conditioner)
5. And the rack in top is for????
6. This item can not be driven on just any road...or freeway...can it?

Just wonderin....
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #5155
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,081
If you go to the BMW store on 90th... look up Mike Uchitel. He is a bad ass. I will call him on Monday and get him to set up a ADV discount!
__________________
~KTM 640 Adventure R~
"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #5156
Roostre
Discombobulated
 
Roostre's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SL, UT
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjwhite
So my wife and I headed up Spanish Fork Canyon on my Behemoth 1150GS and her Trail 90. Why you ask well I got a helmet cam and wanted to make some dumb little video and well there is just to much snow to go anywhere else. Check it out or skim right on to the next Thread up to you.

Happy New year.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1fVFCtVdyE







Damn dude...I don't know which is worse, your taste in music, or the fact that you put your poor wife on a trail 90 up Spanish Fork canyon....
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #5157
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus
OK...I'm curious....

1. How fast will this water buffalo go on pavement?
2. Is it stable at that speed with those funny tires?
3. Is that big box in the back for your lunch?
4. Do you have a heater? (You obviously have an air conditioner)
5. And the rack in top is for????
6. This item can not be driven on just any road...or freeway...can it?

Just wonderin....
1. About 50 is tops. It has the clutch sheave mod and an after market CDI
Stock is 40 electronic nueter.
2. No. No funny stuff at speed
3. Pops right out and yes it is for lunch stuff. I sometimes put a mini
Bar-b-que back there and a cooler. It is for keeping stuff dust and
water free.
4. With the half windscreen you don't need one. I was in levis and duck
shoes. Not even a heated vest this time.
5. I tend to over farkle when I'm bored. It has the same rack on the trunk
I have Kirkham roof bags made to the racks size to hold camping stuff?
It also has up to 5 roto-pax holders for gas and water. Bored again.
6. I put a street legal kit on it. It is inspected/plated and insured.
Freeway never, short spurts around the neighborhood so far no problem.
Pavement eats the tires alive. I have two extra wheel sets. I may still
have regular car tires mounted on one for the neighborhood kid rides.

At the risk of acting my age I will have to say this thing is really fun. I have
quads and they are okay. This is just more comfortable and climbs like a billy goat.
It has an i-pod connection and you just ride around enjoying the
views. With the bikes you have to focus on whats in front of you all the time.
I don't ski and I dislike the snowmobiles so it's my best winter toy.

Harcus, if you want to take it with your wife just let me know. I promise
she will be smiling or hitting the shit out of you for going up that hill!
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #5158
tylerjwhite
Wandering Mtn Goat
 
tylerjwhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Oddometer: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
Damn dude...I don't know which is worse, your taste in music, or the fact that you put your poor wife on a trail 90 up Spanish Fork canyon....
Probably my taste in music. She road her trail along us 89 then got on the back of the BMW and road with me up Spanish Fork Canyon. As you can see if you watch the video.
__________________
‎"We shall not cease from exploration, And the end of all our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time."

Family Youth Yoga and Future Farmers
tylerjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #5159
tylerjwhite
Wandering Mtn Goat
 
tylerjwhite's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Orem, Utah
Oddometer: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
All right, let's get back to me now. Cause really that's who's
it's all about.

Went back out to 5 Mile today. Warmer and clear skys.
It was a beautiful day.

First time the Rhino met it's match. More me really, I was
alone and the trail had a nice mini cliff if I messed up.
Didn't feel like walking out or crawling?





If you go up this hill,



then you get this view...



Then you have to get back down.




Very fun afternoon. I'm not going to want to back to the bikes
after the bucket seats of the Rhino.


That would be and awesome platform for hunting. I was above Squaw peak on a Yamaha Warrior and one of those was coming down and side hilling in a place that would have been hard to ride on a motorcycle, and until then I didn't see to much value in them (Rhinos and the like) but it does climb like a beast and carry a lot of crap (especially yours) .

Cool picts and thanks for posting something interesting.
__________________
‎"We shall not cease from exploration, And the end of all our exploring, Will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time."

Family Youth Yoga and Future Farmers
tylerjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #5160
supergper
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
Don't know about the weight, I'm guessing 250-260.

Cool they made a big tank for it!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/H...o/P1010222.jpg

Parts? I bet you could get anything you want here.
http://www.husqvarna-parts.com

Don't know about the dual exhaust? I'd have to do something about that.
I've got a 2003 610, basically the exact same bike as that except it's a 600 (570 really). The BMW dealership has a lot of the maintenance parts and almost everything can be ordered. It usually takes a week and you can get the part. Not too bad for an import. I've yet to find a part that was unavailable. I actually just got the extra large tank. Good luck finding a used one and the new one (from Husky) is $800...that's with a 10% discount. I've heard if you can find the used ones, they go for about $250. I was checking Australia (where the extra large tank was quite common) the UK, Italy (where these are made), and the US with no luck. Mine is spec'ed at 320lbs fully fueled and ready to ride, I would think that's just about right. I can pick mine up and put it on the bike stand by myself if I really need/want to, but it's much easier with a second set of hands helping. I bet that one (with the smaller motor) is just a little under 300 fully fueled and ready to ride. Super fun bikes!
supergper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014