ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #5281
ferg you sun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracruz

Pluric, don't think I overlooked that "Wyoming car pool" comment. There is no such thing; I mean there is no other state where the "big truck small &$%#" principal holds more true so man-on-man contact is strictly prohibited. Plus the sheep are more friendly and they will call you the day after...bahhhhhh bahh...so I've heard.
I have lived in wy for almost a year now and havent seen one damn sheep... and after the women I have seen I sure as hell hope I can find one soon. My friends even gave me some velcro gloves when I left UT but they have been sitting on the dash collecting dust... need to go ride in Montana to get lucky I think..
ferg you sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #5282
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg you sun
I have lived in wy for almost a year now and havent seen one damn sheep...
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #5283
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by commander51
I'll be there also, 51p amateur. Going down thurs, night so I can ride on friday, if anyone is interested to go for a spin before the race let me know.
I know Daniel is heading down and I think dumbgirl is. I may go down there but won't be racing so ill want to do some riding. Last year that race cost me an engine from the water crossings.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #5284
ten_fiver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,967
There were once two cowboys, one from Utah and the other from Wyoming, riding the range when suddenly they came upon a poor sheep with its head stuck in a fence.

Well, the temptation was too much for the Wyoming cowboy and he quickly leapt from his horse and had his way with the sheep.

Upon completing his dirty deed, he stepped back and asked his buddy from Utah if he wanted some.

"You bet!" was his enthusiastic reply and he jumped down from his horse and stuck his head through the fence.

ten_fiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #5285
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_fiver
There were once two cowboys, one from Utah and the other from Wyoming, riding the range when suddenly they came upon a poor sheep with its head stuck in a fence.

Well, the temptation was too much for the Wyoming cowboy and he quickly leapt from his horse and had his way with the sheep.

Upon completing his dirty deed, he stepped back and asked his buddy from Utah if he wanted some.

"You bet!" was his enthusiastic reply and he jumped down from his horse and stuck his head through the fence.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #5286
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Pluric, don't think I overlooked that "Wyoming car pool" comment. There is no such thing; I mean there is no other state where the "big truck small &$%#" principal holds more true so man-on-man contact is strictly prohibited. Plus the sheep are more friendly and they will call you the day after...bahhhhhh bahh...so I've heard.
Well that explains why Infidels phone is always busy.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #5287
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
I have lived in wy for almost a year now and havent seen one damn sheep... and after the women I have seen I sure as hell hope I can find one soon. My friends even gave me some velcro gloves when I left UT but they have been sitting on the dash collecting dust... need to go ride in Montana to get lucky I think..
Sounds like a guilty lie to me.

Quote:
I have lived in wy for almost a year now and havent seen one damn sheep...from the front.
Fixt
Old 01-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #5288
ten_fiver
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I have lived in wy for almost a year now and havent seen one damn sheep...from the front.
Busted!!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #5289
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Yeah, the funny thing about WY is there really isn't that many sheep. I highly recommend the antelope though and since there are more antelope than people then it follows that there are far more antelope than available women under 200lbs in WY.

Once you go antelope you never go baaahhhck.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #5290
ten_fiver
Beastly Adventurer

Ok, seriously though. I have no idea what parts of Wyoming you guys have seen. Driving in Wyoming and not seeing a sheep is like visiting Utah and not seeing 1 mini-van with the stick figure family sticker on the window.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #5291
ferg you sun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
Sounds like a guilty lie to me.

Fixt
Speaking of guilty lies, the missionaries finally found me, stopped by tonight and I had to lie to them... told I was too busy cooking lamb chops so couldnt talk...
ferg you sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #5292
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
backcountry first aide

So, I'm actually relatively new to serious back-country riding, but I have done a bit of mountaineering and back-country skiing and plenty of other sports in the back-country.
In these other sports like back-country skiing I've learned how to make a sled to carry your buddy out and the like. So, using gear at hand to find a solution.

Are there any gear-at-hand kind of solutions for when your riding buddy get's messed up in the back-country and his bike has to be left behind?

A couple of things that come to my mind are the following: (using parts from buddie's bike)
-use one or more tubes (partially inflated) from the tires to help create a stabalization mechanism, possibly a cast or something similar
-use some of the various tubing off of your buddies bike to make a tracheotome
-use the seat and some rope to create a neck/back brace

So, key problem with my ideas so far. No, easy way to haul out the messed up riding buddy. I guess two people would have to crash then I could build a rickshaw and make brshooter pull it.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #5293
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Speaking of guilty lies, the missionaries finally found me, stopped by tonight and I had to lie to them... told I was too busy cooking lamb chops so couldnt talk...
Hey they have to eat too. Invite them in, serve it up and
pour a couple beers maybe some coffee. They will skip all
the boring stuff and get right to the Word of Wisdom lesson.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #5294
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten_fiver
Ok, seriously though. I have no idea what parts of Wyoming you guys have seen. Driving in Wyoming and not seeing a sheep is like visiting Utah and not seeing 1 mini-van with the stick figure family sticker on the window.
Thats a record of trophy hits. Once in a while you get a dog too.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #5295
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
So, I'm actually relatively new to serious back-country riding, but I have done a bit of mountaineering and back-country skiing and plenty of other sports in the back-country.
In these other sports like back-country skiing I've learned how to make a sled to carry your buddy out and the like. So, using gear at hand to find a solution.

Are there any gear-at-hand kind of solutions for when your riding buddy get's messed up in the back-country and his bike has to be left behind?

A couple of things that come to my mind are the following: (using parts from buddie's bike)
-use one or more tubes (partially inflated) from the tires to help create a stabalization mechanism, possibly a cast or something similar
-use some of the various tubing off of your buddies bike to make a tracheotome
-use the seat and some rope to create a neck/back brace

So, key problem with my ideas so far. No, easy way to haul out the messed up riding buddy. I guess two people would have to crash then I could build a rickshaw and make brshooter pull it.
I've never had to actually do this. You could remove the kickstarter, assuming you're riding with Harcus, and beat them with it until the job is finished.