ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #5611
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel

Hookers, Coke, bikes................I thought this is a family friendly thread.........

How much is a trip to Oregon with the trailer back in relation to a local bike?
Mr Beastiality calling this a family friendly thread? I think I just found another "Define irony" comment.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #5612
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Quote:

How much is a trip to Oregon with the trailer back in relation to a local bike?
The cheapest bike I could find w/ similar specs was a KTM450EXC in Moab. The difference is that the one in Moab is about 1k cheaper, but the owner seems very evasive, which leads me to not trust him, hence...a couple hundred bucks to Oregon might be worth it.

Now, if there's another one that shows up between now and the next week or two locally, I'll definitely consider it. I just don't think it's worth it to spend even more on a new one.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #5613
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr
The cheapest bike I could find w/ similar specs was a KTM450EXC in Moab. The difference is that the one in Moab is about 1k cheaper, but the owner seems very evasive, which leads me to not trust him, hence...a couple hundred bucks to Oregon might be worth it.

Now, if there's another one that shows up between now and the next week or two locally, I'll definitely consider it. I just don't think it's worth it to spend even more on a new one.
How much to ship from Oregon?

Or are you just excited for a one man "Road Trip"?

Be a real man, fly in and ride it home. Opps, I forgot, pavement, KTM, nevermind.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #5614
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,692
Quote:

I personally think there will be a large number of bikes that get advertised in the March thru May timeframe.....nothing to base this on except the perception that the pinch continues for many Utards.......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #5615
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
Mr Beastiality calling this a family friendly thread? I think I just found another "Define irony" comment.

At least I didn't try to insert my bike and myself into a bovine rectum...........like somebody who tries to call the kettle black...........
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #5616
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I personally think there will be a large number of bikes that get advertised in the March thru May timeframe.....nothing to base this on except the perception that the pinch continues for many Utards.......
I kind of agree with that statement. But I also tend to think that most of those bikes will come from people who did not plan their expenses too well...the kind of people that don't maintain their bikes properly...the kinds of people I don't want to buy bikes from. Not all of them are that way, but I'm betting most will be...happens every spring.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #5617
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
I kind of agree with that statement. But I also tend to think that most of those bikes will come from people who did not plan their expenses too well...the kind of people that don't maintain their bikes properly...the kinds of people I don't want to buy bikes from. Not all of them are that way, but I'm betting most will be...happens every spring.
Bikes that never get used don't need much maintaining.........
Old 02-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #5618
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
At least I didn't try to insert my bike and myself into a bovine rectum...........like somebody who tries to call the kettle black...........

No, the difference is you were successful, I was not.

Sheep cheater.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #5619
terracruz
Nor. UT adv rider

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
Oh so now they turn you into a pimp too???

And don't knock Depends. They hold the warmth in longer than
regular cotton and add some extra padding to any seat.
Always a pimp old man pluric, always. There are certain advantages to living on a corner
like I do and that is that work is home. Now, the problem with an old toothless depends wearing prostitute is that nobody will buy her.

Are these ultra dirt oriented KTMs really that bad on slab? Worse than XRs?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #5620
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracruz
Always a pimp old man pluric, always. There are certain advantages to living on a corner
like I do and that is that work is home. Now, the problem with an old toothless depends wearing prostitute is that nobody will buy her.

I had the 640 Adventure....buzzzzzy and skitish on the road.....much prefer the XRR and it's easier maintenance and parts availability....I had to order parts for the KTM and waited a couple months. That was a few years ago so maybe things are better now.....and I've never ridden the 525/530 or 450 models.....the orange boys really swear by them......
Old 02-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #5621
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terracruz

Not at all. With the proper set up they're great on slab.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #5622
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,741
Theres an 07 in st george that I talked to the guys wife about. They seem to think it's worth $5k and wouldn't budge on the price but that was awhile ago. They may take less since it's been listed for months. I was looking for an exc but ended up buying another xc for $3500 with 15 hrs on it. The wide ratio wasn't worth $1500 to me.
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #5623
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
Theres an 07 in st george that I talked to the guys wife about. They seem to think it's worth $5k and wouldn't budge on the price but that was awhile ago. They may take less since it's been listed for months. I was looking for an exc but ended up buying another xc for $3500 with 15 hrs on it. The wide ratio wasn't worth $1500 to me.
I've been considering an XC and replace the tranny. It seems like for the riding I plan on doing a wide ratio trans. would be best.

With the one I am considering in Oregon, I'll get to ride it Saturday with the current owner and one of his friends. That means I get to do a real world test drive on it first. It has 35hrs, 350 miles. It seems a fair price, but not a steal by any means.

Where's the one in St. George listed at? I sure as hell haven't seen it!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #5624
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,741
Quote:
I've been considering an XC and replace the tranny. It seems like for the riding I plan on doing a wide ratio trans. would be best.

With the one I am considering in Oregon, I'll get to ride it Saturday with the current owner and one of his friends. That means I get to do a real world test drive on it first. It has 35hrs, 350 miles. It seems a fair price, but not a steal by any means.

Where's the one in St. George listed at? I sure as hell haven't seen it!
I just looked and couldn't find it. Check out ktm talk. Theres an 08 xc-w for 4975 and another one for 5200. Also a 07 400 xcw for 3400.

OR

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...9475&cat=&lpid=

Seems pretty cheap with a wide ratio trans but it's not orange
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #5625
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
I just looked and couldn't find it. Check out ktm talk. Theres an 08 xc-w for 4975 and another one for 5200. Also a 07 400 xcw for 3400.

OR

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...9475&cat=&lpid=

Seems pretty cheap with a wide ratio trans but it's not orange
I've heard enough bad things about the '08 engine I want to stick w/ the old RFS, so I am looking into '07 and older.

It seems that if I get a 525 my options widen significantly, but I want a small bike. As mentioned earlier, I already have a large, comfy DS bike.

Where did you find the two XC-Ws? I've been looking mostly at KSL and advrider. KTMtalk doesn't have a lot of options either.