ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #10861
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy Weather

On the riding note: (since this is a moto forum ) Anybody have suggestions on a good ride to do for part of a day this weekend? Preferably mostly dirt and in the SLC area. Probably can't do a whole day as I have some work I have to get done as well being a student and all that.....

Ethan
The closest riding that is all dirt is west of Lehi, at Five Mile Pass. Just go to Lehi, then go west until you get out of suburbia and ride where ever you like.

Should be snow free by the weekend.
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:26 AM   #10862
Stormy Weather
skier turned bike nut
 
Stormy Weather's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: SLC
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
The closest riding that is all dirt is west of Lehi, at Five Mile Pass. Just go to Lehi, then go west until you get out of suburbia and ride where ever you like.

Should be snow free by the weekend.

Sweet. Is it mostly beginner/intermediate riding. I noted earlier my skills on my bike are not nearly as good as those on skis. Anyplace in particular I should avoid to keep myself out of too much trouble?

Ethan
__________________
08 wr250r (the best little adventure bike)
94 Katana (not running in the garage)
Stormy Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #10863
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer
 
BrShootr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
The closest riding that is all dirt is west of Lehi, at Five Mile Pass. Just go to Lehi, then go west until you get out of suburbia and ride where ever you like.

Should be snow free by the weekend.

Let's not forget Knolls or Skull Valley!

Sotrmy, I have some GPX files I could e-mail you. Although you can just go to 5 mile and spend a day riding through the maze of trails out there. It's just a huge dirt playground with all sorts of single and double tracks. It's one of those places you have a mellow ride in a 1000cc DS bike or be challenged by a small dirt bike all the same.
__________________
As long as I am the big spoon!!!
BrShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #10864
Stormy Weather
skier turned bike nut
 
Stormy Weather's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: SLC
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr
Let's not forget Knolls or Skull Valley!

Sotrmy, I have some GPX files I could e-mail you. Although you can just go to 5 mile and spend a day riding through the maze of trails out there. It's just a huge dirt playground with all sorts of single and double tracks. It's one of those places you have a mellow ride in a 1000cc DS bike or be challenged by a small dirt bike all the same.

Thanks for the offer of the gpx files but they won't do me any good as I don't have a gps. Paper maps seem to work just as well for my uses so far. I will check the inter web for info on Knolls and skull valley as I seem to remember seeing something about those places somewhere.

My bike is a wr250r so is somewhere inbetween the 1000cc DS and small dirt bike so sounds like 5 mile might be a good place to explore this weekend.

Thanks.

Ethan
__________________
08 wr250r (the best little adventure bike)
94 Katana (not running in the garage)
Stormy Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #10865
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Bike de Barrio
Oddometer: 301
Riding is not over at Bountiful!

I rode the single track yesterday w/ my basketball buddy at Bountiful and it was fun. It starts out normal then turns muddy and finally we were following
4 wheeler tracks in about a foot of snow. We made it to the top and the road
has packed snow. It was tiring for sure.t I flipped a 180 degree wheelie on my trials bike and chased it down a hill climb! I lost my sunglasses when it happened so I may go back to ride and look for them.
__________________

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #10866
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy Weather
Thanks for the offer of the gpx files but they won't do me any good as I don't have a gps. Paper maps seem to work just as well for my uses so far. I will check the inter web for info on Knolls and skull valley as I seem to remember seeing something about those places somewhere.

My bike is a wr250r so is somewhere inbetween the 1000cc DS and small dirt bike so sounds like 5 mile might be a good place to explore this weekend.

Thanks.

Ethan
I will be at 5 mile on Sunday for a 1/2 day ride if anyone else wants to meet up.
__________________
~ BMWF800GS ~

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #10867
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH
Nope. I am with you. I hate it. Who wants to move back to St George with me?

Infidel, if I didn't have to work I would be there with you. I have wanted to do that for a while now. Hell, if I didn't have to work I might like snow!

OK............I'll try to warm you up a bit........



That's the bike I demo'd in Moab......no way I could hang on long enough to demo the babe..................
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #10868
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
OK............I'll try to warm you up a bit........



That's the bike I demo'd in Moab......no way I could hang on long enough to demo the babe..................
I've heard the seats are like wood. Sure looks like she has a stick up her..... posterior.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #10869
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
That's the bike I demo'd in Moab......no way I could hang on long enough to demo the babe..................

If she saw you coming for her, I bet she could out run the bike.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #10870
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,493
Hey Ry,

It's official, I have requested time off for Bahhh-Hahhh! Still trying to decide between the SE or the XR...I love these kind of choices!

Giddy up bitches!
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #10871
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick
Hey Ry,

It's official, I have requested time off for Bahhh-Hahhh! Still trying to decide between the SE or the XR...I love these kind of choices!

Giddy up bitches!
I'd take the 950.......that bike seems perfect for Baja. Granted, the XR would be fine too, but when you guys are hightailing it back home on the slab, the 950 would be nice.

Not to mention the 130mph challenge Ryman presented. I've had the XR to 95mph (GPS) and backed off the throttle with 15:48 gearing.........
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #10872
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
If she saw you coming for her, I bet she could out run the bike.
She doesn't have anything to worry about...........but you do............



__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #10873
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,031
Man its gotta be nice having time off. Wine making... Baja... Skiing... Whateveh!
__________________
~ BMWF800GS ~

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #10874
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
She doesn't have anything to worry about...........but you do............
I guess I should be flattered.

I really can't remember a time I've been so intimidated. Ewwww, someone
please make the big mean man go away.


Anyway, enjoy your homemade brew and let me know when the next
Einstiens meeting is. It's getting pretty chilly out there.

XOXOXO Pluric
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #10875
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH
Man its gotta be nice having time off. Wine making... Baja... Skiing... Whateveh!
Someday, (sigh) someday.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014