ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #11446
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Done that.......let'sgotoBaja.......
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 AM   #11447
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Looks like a blast! Im in.
__________________
~ BMWF800GS ~

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #11448
dozer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dozer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: slc ut
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Add some of this (roads)
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...ight=north+rim
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #11449
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
I'm in on any and all of this as long as it doesn't interfere with the "main event."
All you think about is getting laid.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #11450
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
It all went wrong at a very young age.
For one, you're doing it wrong. Two, stop the circle of abuse.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #11451
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
950 Adv material fo sho .......... looks like good timing on that trip.....the passes might be snow free........
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #11452
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,031
Hey, these guys ride like me!

__________________
~ BMWF800GS ~

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #11453
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,674
spring plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
I'm in on any and all of this as long as it doesn't interfere with the "main event."

the expedition RR was nice!

Ryman: I've got no time frame to do one of these, so you can work out the date w/ MSH! I'm flexible (...reply w/ contortionist p0rn)
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #11454
dakardad
Not waiting for anyone
 
dakardad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Glide, Ore./Boulder, Ut.
Oddometer: 440
Indian Land Passage

OK, do you need some kind of permit to transit any of the Indian lands in Utah?? Where do you get the permit/permission slip/hall pass??
__________________
Where am I going you ask.... I dunno really
just THATAWAY!!
dakardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #11455
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
OK, do you need some kind of permit to transit any of the Indian lands in Utah?? Where do you get the permit/permission slip/hall pass??
All you need is a GTI. Wait, you already have one!
__________________
~ BMWF800GS ~

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #11456
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
OK, do you need some kind of permit to transit any of the Indian lands in Utah?? Where do you get the permit/permission slip/hall pass??
I lived in AZ for five years and recreated on Navajo lands quite a bit. As far as motos, stay on "established" roads and you will not be hassled. Go anywhere you want, just don't be a dipshit.

You will not get permission from natives. Email, call, write letters. They will not respond. Just go, be respectful, and stay on "roads". Don't climb sacred shit like Shiprock or stuff in Monument Valley, don't ride your moto in Canyon de Chelly, etc.
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #11457
dakardad
Not waiting for anyone
 
dakardad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Glide, Ore./Boulder, Ut.
Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
I lived in AZ for five years and recreated on Navajo lands quite a bit. As far as motos, stay on "established" roads and you will not be hassled. Go anywhere you want, just don't be a dipshit.

You will not get permission from natives. Email, call, write letters. They will not respond. Just go, be respectful, and stay on "roads". Don't climb sacred shit like Shiprock or stuff in Monument Valley, don't ride your moto in Canyon de Chelly, etc.
Ya, that is my practice too, a dipshit I'm not.

I talked to two riders who were on the south face of the Uintahs a few weeks back who said they got a 'ticket' for trespassing indian lands.
They wern't fishing, just cruzi'n thru, so they said. I dont know if they were being 'dipshits' at the time, or even if their story was true. You never know, could have been a cover story for 'dipshits' who got a ticket for being dipshits and ruining it for all.

It just seemed prudent to check here as a sounding board.
Thanks
__________________
Where am I going you ask.... I dunno really
just THATAWAY!!
dakardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #11458
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
Ya, that is my practice too, a dipshit I'm not.

I talked to two riders who were on the south face of the Uintahs a few weeks back who said they got a 'ticket' for trespassing indian lands.
They wern't fishing, just cruzi'n thru, so they said. I dont know if they were being 'dipshits' at the time, or even if their story was true. You never know, could have been a cover story for 'dipshits' who got a ticket for being dipshits and ruining it for all.

It just seemed prudent to check here as a sounding board.
Thanks
Those Uintah roads are posted, Indian Only, on the rez. I'm used to seeing that same program on the Wind River Rez north of (s)Lander....you will get ticketed and fined at a minimum.......maybe the Navajo's are more tolerant but it's their "nation" and land so tribal rules/laws are what counts. Dipshitism gets your vehicle impounded......just being there gets the fine.
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #11459
950katoom
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
OK, do you need some kind of permit to transit any of the Indian lands in Utah?? Where do you get the permit/permission slip/hall pass??
Only familiar with the Ute lands on the Uinta south slope. They don't want you there. It has been discussed in this thread before. Start reading @ post #9325. Maybe not all tribes are the same, but the info previously posted in this thread is accurate for the Utes.
950katoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #11460
frank wheelbarrow
ten four
 
frank wheelbarrow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: NORTHERN UTAH, PLANET EARTH ITS ALL THE SAME!!!
Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
Ya, that is my practice too, a dipshit I'm not.

I talked to two riders who were on the south face of the Uintahs a few weeks back who said they got a 'ticket' for trespassing indian lands.
They wern't fishing, just cruzi'n thru, so they said. I dont know if they were being 'dipshits' at the time, or even if their story was true. You never know, could have been a cover story for 'dipshits' who got a ticket for being dipshits and ruining it for all.

It just seemed prudent to check here as a sounding board.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Those Uintah roads are posted, Indian Only, on the rez. I'm used to seeing that same program on the Wind River Rez north of (s)Lander....you will get ticketed and fined at a minimum.......maybe the Navajo's are more tolerant but it's their "nation" and land so tribal rules/laws are what counts. Dipshitism gets your vehicle impounded......just being there gets the fine.

Protecting the gold!
__________________
around the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBVRacing View Post
know that they are only 5 outcomes at the end of the two weeks: Finish, Mechanical, Abandon, Injuries, Death.
frank wheelbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014