ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #11506
harcus
Beastly Adventurer
 
harcus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Edge of the Wasatch
Oddometer: 1,314
Puertocitos

For those who were recently representing Utah in Baja (Frog, Commander, Dumbgirl, Fano, et al)...

You may not have had time to fully enjoy Puertocitos. This is a full service community with everything you have come to expect in the US as you can see here...



If you look closely, the left building is the Post Office. The middle building is the Library. The right building is apparently for expansion...of what we do not yet know. The sign on the library invites you to a quilting meeting.

So, next time, slow down, check out a book, enjoy the sun & the sea...
__________________
Want Creative Adventure Products? - See Globetrottin.com

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #11507
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
uhhhh ...Stay down! Good boy.

Woof.
Screw it. The young pup can just repost them for me.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #11508
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
For those who were recently representing Utah in Baja (Frog, Commander, Dumbgirl, Fano, et al)...

You may not have had time to fully enjoy Puertocitos. This is a full service community with everything you have come to expect in the US as you can see here...



If you look closely, the left building is the Post Office. The middle building is the Library. The right building is apparently for expansion...of what we do not yet know. The sign on the library invites you to a quilting meeting.

So, next time, slow down, check out a book, enjoy the sun & the sea...
New Rec Center?
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #11509
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Bike de Barrio
Oddometer: 302
Knolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
sticky is good enough for long haul trips... Here's proof (turn up the musix... the first few 30 second is me wiping out!)

Chasing wavy lines at the Knolls is bitchin' with Israeli girls, nicotine and gravy!
__________________

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #11510
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Bike de Barrio
Oddometer: 302
Eh? Warp 9 time

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp9man View Post
Thanks MSH, thats sweet.
Iv'e got a newly equipped black wheeled WARP 9 XR650R Sumo. Now, I'll probably want a crf450x version too!
__________________

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #11511
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1one View Post
Iv'e got a newly equipped black wheeled WARP 9 XR650R Sumo. Now, I'll probably want a crf450x version too!
Got pics yet? Here's mine.........

__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #11512
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Bike de Barrio
Oddometer: 302
Eh? Here's my Sumo pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Got pics yet? Here's mine.........


Not a great pic. The Xr is mostly stock & clean with new plastics & a Yoshimura exhaust. The previous owner said it
had a carb butterfly mod which I have never heard of, if I remember correctly? I traded my old school Ducati for it plus some
change my way (I was broke). Also, it came with some goodies like the Acerbis tank. I should have kept the precious bevel Ducati
but after I went for the Multistrada I knew the 900GTS would just sit
__________________

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·

a1one screwed with this post 12-15-2010 at 10:33 PM
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #11513
MSH
The Salt
 
MSH's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1one View Post
Right on... That thing looks CLEAN!
__________________
~KTM 640 Adventure R~
"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #11514
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1one View Post
The bike (pieces) in the foreground look like Frog's KTM after one ride.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #11515
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,726
sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1one View Post
You should trade me your extra dirt wheels for all the beer i give you!
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #11516
mung
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 556
Baja whoops

If you really like to ride whoops Baja has a great selection to choose from. Number one set is the "powerline whoops" that go from the north end of El Diablo to San Felipe under the powerlines. 20 miles of deep sand whoops that vary between 2 to 4 feet deep and most have sharp rocks in the bottom. Just wonderful.North of SF are the truck whoops that parallel the coast for a long ways. The trophy trucks make them so long they are very difficult to ride on a bike. SW of San Ignacio once you hit the coast and turn South toward Datil there is a impressive set of sand whoopers that has sharp gullies across it if you do get up to speed. There will be lots of silt beds if you ride any of this years race course. Another little tidbit for you to think about. Used to stop for a quick soak in the Puertocitos hot pools that are beautiful and are right on the water. Pulled in there one time and two "happy" guys were doing there thing in the middle of the pool. Put a whole new perspective on swimming in those pools. Sweet dreams Mung

mung screwed with this post 12-16-2010 at 11:23 AM
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #11517
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by mung View Post
If you really like to ride whoops Baja has a great selection to choose from. Number one set is the "powerline whoops" that go from the north end of El Diablo to San Felipe under the powerlines. 20 miles of deep sand whoops that vary between 2 to 4 feet deep and most have sharp rocks in the bottom. Just wonderful.North of SF are the truck whoops that parallel the coast for a long ways. The trophy trucks make them so long they are very difficult to ride on a bike. SW of San Ignacio once you hit the coast and turn South toward Datil there is a impressive set of sand whoopers that has sharp gullies across it if you do get up to speed. There will be lots of silt beds if you ride any of this years race course. Another little tidbit for you to think about. Used to stop for a quick soak in the Puertocitos hot pools that are beautiful and are right on the water. Pulled in there one time and two "happy" guys were doing there thing in the middle of the pool. Put a whole new perspective on swimming in those pools. Sweet dreams Mung
Now we know where pluric has been soaking............TOO MUCH INFO........

__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #11518
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Bike de Barrio
Oddometer: 302
Dirt wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
You should trade me your extra dirt wheels for all the beer I give you!
I do owe you man and I have this cool glass chicken for that Iv'e been meaning to give you out of love and for good luck! It has been sitting for well over a year now.
http://a1one.smugmug.com/Computers/P...39_ZiSK3-M.jpg
I'm tired of changing tires out in the boonies and I've got backups for anybodys crf and xr that will be with me in the Jeep. Both our tire sets are beat up after riding with you! Iv'e got loose and broken spokes, dings, bends, wobbles, scratches and chips mostly from projectiles from your bike tire and doing crazy shit just to keep sight of your bike! I'm going to take the rims off and take a looksy, do repairs and probably swap them out. He asks his friend for rims and all he gets is a long story and chicken he can't even eat. Doesn't Michaelangelo have a front XRR setup for 135?
__________________

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #11519
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,364
Yesterday my son talked me into a Harcus, Infidel, Trackhead, GISkev day where I actually took the afternoon off.
I know, alert the media.

Anyway, we took the snowmobiles up to Guardmans Pass to try them out.
I was surprised, we were the only sleds up there. Fresh powder on top of packed base.
Couldn't get stuck if I wanted to. No tracks at all.

There was one bad spot just after the summit heading toward Midway.
Had to hang off the side to keep it from rolling. On the way back my Son
lost the battle and it rolled once. He was off the road pointing downhill
into that steep bowl at the summit. Decided going down was the only
choice. So we worked it through the trees. I had to walk/crawl back up
the hill to my sled. I'm too old for this shit.



Hard to tell how steep...



Beautiful afternoon. Great conditions. Still not my favorite thing to
do, but it beat pushing a pencil for the day.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #11520
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Couldn't get stuck if I wanted to. No tracks at all.
You'll get stuck. Bring a big shovel and a good back, because those fuckers don't get fun until the track augers to the ground and you have to dig 'em out.
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014