ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #11626
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Yeah screw ethanol and all these green pushing hippie liberals! Although I'm not a big fan of FI. It's just one more expensive electrical thing to break that I don't need to worry about.

You mean corn farming subsidized by the feds to produce an inferior product that burns more fossils than just using oil in the first place.

Yeah, great idea ethanol is. Not only are we subsidizing farmers to grow shitty corn for shitty fuel additives, but we are subsidizing them to grow corn to feed our cows and chickens, creating yet another inferior product.

We are retarded in this country.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #11627
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,884
Anybody heading north from St George or Mesquite with room for a moto any time soon? Shoot me a PM please................

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #11628
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
You mean corn farming subsidized by the feds to produce an inferior product that burns more fossils than just using oil in the first place.

Yeah, great idea ethanol is. Not only are we subsidizing farmers to grow shitty corn for shitty fuel additives, but we are subsidizing them to grow corn to feed our cows and chickens, creating yet another inferior product.

Let's not forget that since the subsidization of corn began that high fructose corn syrup, now incredibly inexpensive to produce, has found its way into almost every item in the American diet.

The obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemics in America, in my opinion, are inexorably linked to corn subsidies.

But that's just my opinion.

Hey, ya'll see this? http://www.electricepic.com/home.html

By the way, going to try out my Xmas present on a ride today. It's gonna be kinda cold...barely over 60
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #11629
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Let's not forget that since the subsidization of corn began that high fructose corn syrup, now incredibly inexpensive to produce, has found its way into almost every item in the American diet.

The obesity and type 2 diabetes epidemics in America, in my opinion, are inexorably linked to corn subsidies.

By the way, going to try out my Xmas present on a ride today. It's gonna be kinda cold...barely over 60
PrickonaCrick.......hope your fructose runs thick.....and clogs your glycemic index......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #11630
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Quote:

Or multi-drug resistant salmonella from corn fed chickens living in their own shit. And the e-coli infested cows eating and shitting in the same place as their guts explode from eating corn instead of grass.

Buy your food from folks like GISkev who raise/grow it in their back yards.

GISkev, the hippiest redneck I know.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #11631
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,948
Utards,

We'll be in the St. George area next week and wondering if you could offer some advice as to what a good place would be to stop in a buy some maps of the area, preferably showing OHV routes.

Many thanks.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #11632
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer: 1,657
For those that may be wanting to add some height to your stock handlebar clamps (7/8 inch) and at the same time go to the 1 1/8 inch fat bars; I recommend these Moose risers.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...WT.MC_ID=10010

I have them on my Honda Transalp. 60mm rise along with adapting you to the fatter bars. Add a higher or lower bend bar of your choice and you got affordable customization.
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #11633
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
Utards,

We'll be in the St. George area next week and wondering if you could offer some advice as to what a good place would be to stop in a buy some maps of the area, preferably showing OHV routes.

Many thanks.
The Honda shop is a helpful place with good local knowledge. They can help you out with the places we discussed via PM. Although for the riding near Santa Clara we discussed, a map isn't necessary. Just go off of geography and a compass. Seriously, just ride west from the camp site I told you about, you'll bump into all sorts of good stuff north and south of there as you head west towards the mountains.

The Logandale system near Mesquite is all on Google Earth here. You can convert the Google Earth file in GPSvisualizer to a .GPX file.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #11634
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,727
St Grge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas View Post
Utards,

Many thanks.
In both of these vids the first part is near Whitney Pocket SE of Mesquite, but the latter part is the area near st george... crank the tunes!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)

GISkev screwed with this post 12-30-2010 at 05:00 PM
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #11635
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,767
Quote:

MMMMM corn syrup. I have a cup every morning while I eat my antibiotic injected hamburger in my f250 that runs pure ethanol.
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #11636
warp9man
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 591
man dont even get me started on high fructose corn syrup, soy bean oil or geneticaly engenireed canola oil. my wife could fill this forums server with the things she's researched.

im glad she's keeping me from eating the sh@# but i kid with her because she cant live without a Coke
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #11637
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
MMMMM corn syrup. I have a cup every morning while I eat my antibiotic injected hamburger in my f250 that runs pure ethanol.
NOTE: No one pull Frog's finger.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #11638
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,948
Quote:
The Honda shop is a helpful place with good local knowledge. They can help you out with the places we discussed via PM. Although for the riding near Santa Clara we discussed, a map isn't necessary. Just go off of geography and a compass. Seriously, just ride west from the camp site I told you about, you'll bump into all sorts of good stuff north and south of there as you head west towards the mountains.

The Logandale system near Mesquite is all on Google Earth here. You can convert the Google Earth file in GPSvisualizer to a .GPX file.
Thanks again, man. Getting anxious... Of course it's snowing here now, and it will be cold so hopefully we can escape that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
In both of these vids the first part is near Whitney Pocket SE of Mesquite, but the latter part is the area near st george... crank the tunes!

Nice vids, kev! Looks real nice out there. Diggin' the tunes too. White Stripes and was that Les Claypool in the first one?
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #11639
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Didn't break out the Xmas present...it was too hot

We did get Savannah out for her first off-road ride

I taught her how to do burn outs in the sand...she was gigging on that! She also took a header that was bad enough to leave paint from her helmet on a rock (yeah the apple don't fall far from the tree).

Freaked me out! But as soon as I reached her, she was just smiling and giving me the two thumbs up. Climbed back on and kept riding for another hour
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #11640
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,314
A few years ago I was back visiting my farmer cousins in southern Nebraska. I poked them a little with the "doesn't it cost more to produce ethanol than it is worth" spear. I definitely got a reaction as they pointed out that the mash from ethanol production was a superior cattle feed to normal rolled corn! Something I hadn't thot of....

It appears that the moonshiners had the right idea but maybe need an updated marketing spin.

Quote:

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote