ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #13216
Roostre
Discombobulated
 
Roostre's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SL, UT
Oddometer: 1,039
I will be looking for that truck- how many 70's chevs with mag wheels could there be running around? Be nice if you could tell the color better.

Maybe hire Hick to come throw some of what he threw down on Rymans nemesis??
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #13217
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
Hey Frog. You could get a motion detector and wire it to an alarm by your bed. That way you could get some sleep and be ready to get up swinging.

My camera system sends an email every time it sees motion it's just not that reliable. I'm going to sleep in the parking lot tonight. The past few nights I've been sitting on redwood in the industrial area hoping to see them drive by while monitoring my cameras.
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #13218
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
My camera system sends an email every time it sees motion it's just not that reliable. I'm going to sleep in the parking lot tonight. The past few nights I've been sitting on redwood in the industrial area hoping to see them drive by while monitoring my cameras.

And I thought my job sucked.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #13219
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,654
danger beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
My camera system sends an email every time it sees motion it's just not that reliable. I'm going to sleep in the parking lot tonight. The past few nights I've been sitting on redwood in the industrial area hoping to see them drive by while monitoring my cameras.
WTF would you do?!

I'm sure the baseball bat comments were venting frustrations, and that you'd camp out to get a license plate, which is good since you can't ride if you're in jail for beating up a thief. having said that, anyone that's ripping your stuff off probably wouldn't hesitate to use violence to flee exposure. I'd suggest a concealed carry permit (go to the drive through) and watch your a$$ and stay hidden. These dudes see you seeing them and you've got trouble. You can protect yourself from aggression, but not protect your property with aggression.

You jump out of the bushes and say "hah, i caught ya!" and bubba and friends could do some damage. I know someone that caught a thief red handed, and the thief grabbed a hammer and lunged, and then was shot by the property owner. The property owner came out smelling like roses cuz he reacted to life threatening force (the hammer) and it had nothing to do with property. Funny thing is the thief was busted for the burglary stuff, but also for assault. it's assault even if you only try, and lose bad. I'm no lawyer and this blather shouldn't be considered legal advice. I'm just saying I'd rather camp out in mexico w spider bait on my nuts than meet thieves in the night.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #13220
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,738
The bat comments aren't venting its the truth. If the bat isn't enough I have a 357 on my hip. The cops said that I have the right to protect myself and if the guy attacks me defend myself with whatever it takes. The reason for being down there is they drove through the other night and by the time I got there they were gone.

Ill call the cops as soon as I see them but will make sure they don't have the chance to damage my trucks more while I wait for the cops to show.
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #13221
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,654
That's my boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
The bat comments aren't venting its the truth. If the bat isn't enough I have a 357 on my hip. The cops said that I have the right to protect myself and if the guy attacks me defend myself with whatever it takes. The reason for being down there is they drove through the other night and by the time I got there they were gone.

Ill call the cops as soon as I see them but will make sure they don't have the chance to damage my trucks more while I wait for the cops to show.
Sounds like you've got it right. If yo piece is on your hip then you don't need a concealed permit.

Keep your helmet cam on for the courts if push comes to shove (which it will if you do anything more than get license plates)
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #13222
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post

Keep your helmet cam on for the courts if push comes to shove (which it will if you do anything more than get license plates)
And be sure to post HD footage of said losers getting their knee caps BUSTED UP by old Louis.
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #13223
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,885
The laws always make perfect sense and are there to protect us.......

"Terrence Dickson, of Bristol , Pennsylvania , who was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open.
Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the garage tothe house locked when Dickson pulled it shut. Forced to sit for eight, count 'em,EIGHT days and survive on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental Anguish. Amazingly,the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish. We
should all have this kind of anguish Keep scratching. There are more....

Double hand scratching after this one...

* FOURTH PLACE *

Jerry Williams , of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun. "
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #13224
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
The jury in all these cases should all promptly be shot right in the fucking face. Perhaps that would hinder further jurors from making such stupid fucking decisions.
__________________
Utah Moto Ride Reports
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #13225
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
The jury in all these cases should all promptly be shot right in the fucking face. Perhaps that would hinder further jurors from making such stupid fucking decisions.
You seem to enjoy these....

"Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son"

"Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles , California won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps. "

"Amber Carson of Lancaster , Pennsylvania because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. What ever happened to people being responsible for their own actions? "

"Kara Walton, of Claymont , Delaware sued the owner of a night club in a nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses."

"This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was: Mrs. Merv Grazinski ,of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned.. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down?

$1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home."


Yes, we share the planet with these people.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #13226
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,213
I'm still looking for a 450 or 525/530 EXC or XC-W KTM for anyone with leads. Ideal is $2500-$3500 or so in pricing ideally. Doesn't need to be pretty, just run well and/or be well maintained. Let me know if anyone has any leads.

thanks,
a
dieselcruiserhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #13227
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,738
Well I got a name and address from someone that saw one of my flyers. Went the guys house and asked him if he was the guy stealing my batteries. Told him to stay the f$ck away and the cops were coming to arrest him. I guess after I left he took off on foot but one of his roommates turned him in and talked to the cops. Looks like the thief has his truck in the shop being painted because of the video and flyers.

I don't think he'll be back and I told his roommate that if he does there is a 357 waiting for him. Hopefully the cops do something but I doubt it.


Anyone riding tomorrow???
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #13228
ultrachrome
Poser
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Madrona, Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
You seem to enjoy these....

"Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son"

"Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles , California won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps. "

"Amber Carson of Lancaster , Pennsylvania because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. What ever happened to people being responsible for their own actions? "

"Kara Walton, of Claymont , Delaware sued the owner of a night club in a nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses."

"This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was: Mrs. Merv Grazinski ,of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned.. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down?

$1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home."


Yes, we share the planet with these people.
http://www.stellaawards.com/bogus.html
ultrachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #13229
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,494
Finally getting the BRP back together:









I know it doesn't look like much, but I also built a carbon fiber battery box under the seat. I'm waiting on the Shorai batteries to hit the US, then I will have HID lights, DS kit, GPS, 12V charger, heated grips, and a blow-up doll. I still need to mount the Warp 9 goodies. They look sick as shit!

Almost ready for Sept 2012.
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #13230
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post

Will it start??
Details, details...


I don't know I only had time to put her all back together tonight. Tomorrow I'll throw some gas at her and see what happens. Because most of the jets were stripped, I had to wait for new jets to arrive - which finally happened today. I also had to wait 3 weeks for a freaking air filter .
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014