Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #6316
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
Dr. Rock,

I have had some personal and work related stuff come up this week that would be irresponsible of me to ignore this coming weekend. With that said, I am going to have to pass on joining you guys for this coming weekend. I wish you all the luck though and I can't wait for the write up. Ride on!
Josh, sorry to hear that. Are you sure it isn't something that Anti-Hassle™ Tassels can't solve? They're kind of amazing that way, and I'm not just saying that 'cause they're our corporate sponsor.

In other news, I'd re-routed us to avoid the landslide area on Hwy 89 south of Page, AZ. But if they decide to have a motorcycle class in the rally events ADOT announced yesterday, we may not want to skip that section.

Hmmmm...
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 04-02-2013 at 06:01 AM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #6317
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
Josh, sorry to hear that. Are you sure it isn't something that Anti-Hassle™ Tassels can't solve? They're kind of amazing that way, and I'm not just saying that 'cause they're our corporate sponsor.

In other news, I'd re-routed us to avoid the landslide area on Hwy 89 south of Page, AZ. But if they decide to have a motorcycle class in the rally events ADOT announced yesterday, we may not want to skip that section.

Hmmmm...
haha Well if they can add a few days to the weekend then count me in! But seriously, I hate having to renege on something I said I would do. I was really looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some more of Arizona. I think part of it was I also thought it would be fun to be a footnote in this grand adventure that has been going on for so many years. Maybe if the schedules work out I can join in on the start of Mobius 12! Either way, you have my contact info, let me know if you need anything as you pass in and out of AZ. I'm in Chandler, which is in the southeast valley of Phoenix. Take care!
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #6318
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,961
You know, I really have no idea how I'm gonna pull this 2 day thing off. I've never camped off of the bike, my DRZ has no rack and I have no moto luggage. I'm thinking of just bungeeing my hammock to the back of the bike and calling it a day.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #6319
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
You know, I really have no idea how I'm gonna pull this 2 day thing off. I've never camped off of the bike, my DRZ has no rack and I have no moto luggage. I'm thinking of just bungeeing my hammock to the back of the bike and calling it a day.
Buck up, Nancy. Arizona's made you soft.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #6320
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,961
Quote:
Buck up, Nancy. Arizona's made you soft.

The hammock it is!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #6321
SoosCreek
Angle of Repose...

Oddometer: 120
Good luck folks! I wish I had a lighter, configured bike...I would be down there with you...looks like a great ride. No trees!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2011 West Coast Swing | 2012 Trekking Baja and Copper Canyon
SoosCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #6322
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 834
Safe Travels

I hope you all have a wonderful trip, It's gong to be great!

Doc, may there be few locked gates and re-routes.
LDF, keep it out of the ditches.

The rest of you...trust in the Mobius Way, the power of the Tassels and be safe.

D
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #6323
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRambler View Post
I hope you all have a wonderful trip, It's gong to be great!

Doc, may there be few locked gates and re-routes.
LDF, keep it out of the ditches.

The rest of you...trust in the Mobius Way, the power of the Tassels and be safe.

D
Thanks Dave, I'm on call tonight, quiet so far... catching up on administrative duties; it's always nice to come back to a clean desk. I'm working on a bicycle version prototype of the Anti-Hassle™ tassles... there's a certain 7y/o girl in Flagstaff who just got a new bicycle for her birthday and it seems to be missing something:

Whaddya think? Maybe her Aunt Francine will teach her how to wheelie?

Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #6324
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,326
Quote:
Thanks Dave, I'm on call tonight, quiet so far... catching up on administrative duties; it's always nice to come back to a clean desk. I'm working on a bicycle version prototype of the Anti-Hassle™ tassles... there's a certain 7y/o girl in Flagstaff who just got a new bicycle for her birthday and it seems to be missing something:

Whaddya think? Maybe her Aunt Francine will teach her how to wheelie?

Or how to slip the clutch...

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #6325
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250 View Post
You beat me to it...
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #6326
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRambler View Post
You beat me to it...
Gee Doc, I don't know what to say.... Ya think that new clutch cable may have fixed that?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #6327
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post
Gee Doc, I don't know what to say.... Ya think that new clutch cable may have fixed that?
Darn tootin' you betcha it has! And she busted up her Big Dog-graffiti'ed hand guards to boot crashing in the sand, so them's been replaced too! Our rides are like brand new -- huge thanks to Dingweeds!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #6328
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,326
For the Record:

I'm just teasing LDF. Unfortunately, I lose control of my sarcasm from time to time and stuff just blurts out. I could blame this on Doc because he documents the trip too well sometimes but I won't. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Francine can handle a little teasing from the peanut gallery.

Now on with the trip.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #6329
McDOPE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
...and there off!

Today is the day to show us once again how you roll. Ride safe on those newly refurbished DRZ's. Have another amazing adventure.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #6330
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,027
Hit the #1 on the hair clipper this morning as a way of supporting you. Can I make a suggestion for the Anti-Hassle™ tassles people. There is a small vegan riding population who could possibly benefit from their product. There are some high-quality synthetics that may work, but hopefully not lose their mojo.
Have a great trip guys, and don't be too nice to Julio