User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #886
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Chores

One of the reasons for making it to Flagstaff early in the day was so we would have time to... sew a tear in one of the chairs... Leo helped:

Wash and dry the air filters... Lilliana helped:

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #887
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Then it was storytime

Followed by naptime for the kids, and laundrytime for us.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 10-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #888
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Then we went out

and did some eatin'. This is the restaurant that Leo picked. Spicy!

Waiting for the food, Leo took pictures:

Then the food came. yum :

Old 10-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #889
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Day 15: Saturday, Sept. 20, 2008

Spent cleaning and prepping the bikes for storage (with the generous help of 2 & 4 year-old helpers) and a 2 mile cruise to 365Storage:

Old 10-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #890
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

It was chilly

so we all bundled up to sit outside for a hearty breakfast John Paul & Lisa made:

The kids kept the fire stoked:

Leo helped his dad split some wood:

Then it was time to work on the motorcycles.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #891
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

A surprise for Aunt Francine

"Hey kids, don't you think Aunt Francine will love it if Blueberry had some stickers?"

"Yeah!" "Yeah!"

"Shhh. it'll be a surprise"

"OK! Shhh."

"Oh, she's gonna like this... let's do more!"

"Which is your favorite, Lilliana?"

Not quite as good a prank as when a co-worker brought her kids into the office and I had them schmear hand lotion on all the doorknobs. But still pretty good.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #892
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Next job

re-install the air filters. First, hold them in the sun, Leo to make sure they're dry.

"How much longer???"

"About a half hour."

"Just kidding! "

They're starting to understand Uncle David's warped sense of humor.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #893
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

"Who's going to

put the goop on?"

"What's goop?"

"THIS is goop."

"Try and keep it off your face, sweetheart" (Aunt Francine)

DR. Rock screwed with this post 02-12-2009 at 07:56 AM
Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #894
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

"Lilliana,

wanna help?"

"No. Look at this stick!"

Old 10-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #895
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Let's wash that mud off

and then they can dry before we ride them over to the storage place.

"Here, get underneath, like this"

Old 10-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #896
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

"Leo, can you help me

start it up to blow the water out of the tailpipe?"

"OK, what do I do?"

"Sit up here, and press this button...

... and twist this handle."

"OK, OK!!! STOP TWISTING!!!"
Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #897
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Honeybee

gets a bath next:

and then we start her up just the same.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #898
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

After lunch

It's time to ride the bikes over to the storage, and drain the gas / carbs.

"Can I ride the motorcycle?"

Uh oh. "I don't think so, you don't know how."

"But I know how to start it; press the red button and twist the handle."

"Um... you don't have a helmet."

"But I do. A red one. I'll get it."

Hmmm.

"Here, see."

"I don't think you can ride it, you can start it again, but I think you're too short."

"No I'm not! "

"OK, ok. I'll tell you what. We'll put you on the bike, and if you can reach the pedals you can ride it. We'll try Blueberry 'cause that's shorter already. How does that sound?"

"All right."

"Leo."

"What?"

"I don't think your feet reach the pedals. Let me try to stretch your leg. Nope. Doesn't reach. Sorry."

"But you can help me back it out of the driveway ."

Old 10-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #899
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

I wanna ride

TOOO!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #900
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Group picture

With Adventure Bunny!