Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #76
SwitchThrottle OP
Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucker
15 minutes riding pavement with the knobbies on my bike makes my ass go numb. i'm hoping a set of sumo wheels will help out a little bit.
I had the same issue with my plated xr400. I road it for a couple weeks after I blew the motor in my yzf600r. The knobbies add a lot of vib. The Husky 450 vibs a bit (motor wise), but with street tires, it is very barable. The seat however is not. I want a new seat...oh an while I am at it....a bigger gas tank so I can ride further.
SwitchThrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #77
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
what size clarke tank do you have?? do you need leave plastics off after? i heard IMS makes a good one too.
2.4, IIRC

I think the plastics stay off - there are no mounting holes, and there are different schrouds.

Truth is - I traded my 640 ADV for this monster this winter, have taken it out 5 times, waiting for our record snows in the Cascades and Coast Range to melt, and proceeded to break my shin (pretty bad) on my Tiger on May 4.

I have been kicking myself (with the good foot) everytime I see her in the garage.

I'm not as familiar with it as I was hoping to be by now - I would not rule out a larger tank for Eastern Oregon riding if it was an option - I just ain't been looking yet.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #78
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sleazy
Sumo means supermoto - I hope I am right this is what you are asking about? 17" wheels with street tires, originally for supermoto racing but lots of pple just ride the streets with them.
You kids and yer fancy lingo.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #79
bucker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchThrottle
I had the same issue with my plated xr400. I road it for a couple weeks after I blew the motor in my yzf600r. The knobbies add a lot of vib. The Husky 450 vibs a bit (motor wise), but with street tires, it is very barable. The seat however is not. I want a new seat...oh an while I am at it....a bigger gas tank so I can ride further.
the dealer where i bought my bike referred me to a guy who changes the seat to gel and claims you can't even tell looks-wise. i have yet to call the guy, i was hoping i got used to the vibes and maybe give a new pair of tires a try first

i'm planning on getting the IMS 3.4 or 3.9 gallon tank, i heard good things
Old 07-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #80
bucker
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
2.4, IIRC

I think the plastics stay off - there are no mounting holes, and there are different schrouds.

Truth is - I traded my 640 ADV for this monster this winter, have taken it out 5 times, waiting for our record snows in the Cascades and Coast Range to melt, and proceeded to break my shin (pretty bad) on my Tiger on May 4.

I have been kicking myself (with the good foot) everytime I see her in the garage.

I'm not as familiar with it as I was hoping to be by now - I would not rule out a larger tank for Eastern Oregon riding if it was an option - I just ain't been looking yet.
sorry to hear about the injury, i hope you're all healed up by now

i havent been on mine as much as would like either but its SICK. my girlfriend is finally warming up to the fact i got a bike and i don't have to lie and say i'm going surfing anymore

i keep it at my buddy's garage and everytime i open the door its like love at first sight but don't tell my girlfriend that
Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 PM   #81
Mr Sleazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
The TE 510 is an adventure riding bike

Just wanted to post up a ride report, from a few weeks back now, me, my TE510, and a collapsible fishing pole into the BC backcountry:

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/vi...65&forum_id=11

The bike can do it all.

Brian
Husky TE510
Mr Sleazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 AM   #82
zokalr13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
good for you..im too freaked out to go too far into the wilderness with my 510 cause it gets such horrible range...im looking into a larger aftermarket tank or strapping on a portable gas refinery... just got it plated BTW and its so freekin awesome ..im also gonna get a 45 tooth rear sprocket and dual-sport tires [instead of knobbies] and we all know how knobbies are like on the street its so fun to ride -my other bike i own is getting jealous......[and getting sold!!!!!!!!!]
zokalr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #83
SwitchThrottle OP
Bring da amber lamps

Get one or 2 of these (Primus Fuel Bottle - 530ml for about $15US) for the distance rides. My buddy used one in Maine for his KLX250s. Worked great. I am waiting for IMS, Clarke, or Acebis to produce a 3 gallon tank for the '08.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #84
bucker
Adventurer

Quote:
Just wanted to post up a ride report, from a few weeks back now, me, my TE510, and a collapsible fishing pole into the BC backcountry:

The bike can do it all.

Brian
nice report i've been up in BC 5 or 6 times in the winter but never in the summer, i'd love to check it out though. i'd probably hit up whistler for some downhilling and then venture from there. i like your bike setup, how much did the headlight cost? the stock one definitetly doesnt cut it.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #85
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,875
here is a ride report I'm just putting together...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365470
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #86
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Quote:

The bike can do it all.

Brian
Brain,

How would you rate the Wolfman Enduro tank bag when fitted to the TE?

Does it stay secure when filled with supplies (weight)?

Is there a way to keep the contents from bouncing around in the bag during rough ride sections?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #87
Mr Sleazy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
nice report i've been up in BC 5 or 6 times in the winter but never in the summer, i'd love to check it out though. i'd probably hit up whistler for some downhilling and then venture from there. i like your bike setup, how much did the headlight cost? the stock one definitetly doesnt cut it.
Hey Bucker - Thanks!

The headlight cost an embarrassing amount. It was $225 I believe from Baja Designs, plus I upgrade the stator which cost me $150 from Trailtech. Yikes! I don't like to think too much about how much money gets spent on that bike....
Quote:
How would you rate the Wolfman Enduro tank bag when fitted to the TE?

Does it stay secure when filled with supplies (weight)?

Is there a way to keep the contents from bouncing around in the bag during rough ride sections?
Fast55:

The tank bag fits really well, once I figured out to girth hitch the rear straps around the frame tubes. It is very secure, though I never do have a huge amount in there because its just not very big. As to securing the contents, if its full up it will be pretty secure.
Husky TE510
Mr Sleazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #88
HuskyGuy
Tech Geek

Oddometer: 39
Te450 Tc450

I bought three Huskys last year, a used TC450 for the fiance and I liked it so much I bought another used TC450 for myself). I rode the TC for a while but I really wanted the extra gear in the tranny. I finally found a new (06) TE450 about mid summer of last year and sold my TC.
So far I have logged 2750 miles on the TE450 and my biggest complaint is the seat. So far I have put one a 100+ mile ride and another 300 mile ride and I thought that I was going to die when I was done . Overall I would have to say that I love the bike I am really impressed at how nimble it is on the tight technical single track stuff.

So far I have added the following farkles.
1. Moose brush guards.
2. Tourtech GPS mount.
3. 3.9 gallon IMS gas tank.
4. Wolfman enduro tank bag.
5. Cortech Tribag saddle bags and cortech tailbag.
6. Dunlop 606 rear tire.
7. Pro moto billet rack-it cargo rack and pannier protectors with subframe extension.

I still have a few things left on my wish list such as the following.
1. New stator and reg/rectifier.
2. New headlight, the 8" 55w halogen from Baja Designs.
3. Ortlieb panniers from aerostich.
4. Renazco seat

The following photo is of the bike without the GPS mount and the IMS gas tank
Old 08-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #89
SwitchThrottle OP
Bring da amber lamps

What I wouldn't give for a comfy seat and a larger gas tank.

Riding a motorcycle is fun. Riding a supermoto is inexplicable.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #90
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

I'd like a 3 gl tank for my 08 and the riding I do.... when will it be released to the public? I've see photos of it on on 08 Husky race bikes