ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #2371
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Nice UP pics!! I really need to step up my game and get up there on a bike.

On another note, crazy how such an ugly bike can attract the ladies;
85 Yamaha BIG Wheel 200 & 88 BIG Wheel 350
Travel Blog: http://peteandluna.wordpress.com/
epix1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #2372
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,245
Its not the bike, its the farkles. You need a aftermarket seat next. I'll give you $500 for the old one.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #2373
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by epix1718 View Post
Nice UP pics!! I really need to step up my game and get up there on a bike.

On another note, crazy how such an ugly bike can attract the ladies;
I think that's a beer in her hand, which would explain everything.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #2374
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfrnt View Post
I think that's a beer in her hand, which would explain everything.
Let me get this straight. Instead of sitting around the campfire Saturday with you buds you were tempting young ladies with alcohol to set on your bike? You the man!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #2375
GatSS
Canadian eh

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Let me get this straight. Instead of sitting around the campfire Saturday with you buds you were tempting young ladies with alcohol to set on your bike? You the man!
And he didn't even invite us!
2009 CRF50
GatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #2376
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
That is correct lol. It actually is an aftermarket seat, by Seat Concepts. I just like the stock seat cover too much and had my aunt modify it for me to fit the new foam.

The brunette wants a dual sport now so don't be too surprised if she comes along one day with a smaller bike. Her dad has a KLR650 but doesn't ride it much.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #2377
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
That is correct lol. It actually is an aftermarket seat, by Seat Concepts. I just like the stock seat cover too much and had my aunt modify it for me to fit the new foam.

The brunette wants a dual sport now so don't be too surprised if she comes along one day with a smaller bike. Her dad has a KLR650 but doesn't ride it much.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
She's a keeper. Latch on to that one!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #2378
godzuki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
hey yall i just found this thread, im on the facebook site but still roaming around this site here finding new stuff all the time. well as some of ya's know i just threw down a deposit on a 04 ktm 9fiddy adventure, which i hope to pick up within a week or 2 max, then ill be up for some "lite" DS until next year when my leg gets a good full healing done. then maybe once i can kick start the 4fiddy again ill break out some full lock slide N roost combo's. until then nice picks and man that indian wow man is that nice. well i hope to meet more of ya's here in a week or 2 i plan on a touring trip or 2 up into MI to visit some old haunts, and maybe ill join in on and easy DS rides, none of these ones with "special" challnge sections though lol.
godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #2379
two trackin fool
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
And I was lookin for something to do last weekend but of course didn't look here!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 AM   #2380
1TRAK
EXPLORER

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzuki View Post
hey yall i just found this thread, im on the facebook site but still roaming around this site here finding new stuff all the time. well as some of ya's know i just threw down a deposit on a 04 ktm 9fiddy adventure, which i hope to pick up within a week or 2 max, then ill be up for some "lite" DS until next year when my leg gets a good full healing done. then maybe once i can kick start the 4fiddy again ill break out some full lock slide N roost combo's. until then nice picks and man that indian wow man is that nice. well i hope to meet more of ya's here in a week or 2 i plan on a touring trip or 2 up into MI to visit some old haunts, and maybe ill join in on and easy DS rides, none of these ones with "special" challnge sections though lol.
Welcome Jim! Congrats on the healing and your 9fiddy!

Lots of variety on this site, I believe you'll enjoy it. Might still be time for an easy ride this year, Take Care Steve
Old 10-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #2381
ZXMorty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
I would be open to another ride in a couple of weeks, perhaps finish up at a pub for a couple of frosties. .
ZXMorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #2382
godzuki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
ill let yall know once i snag the new to me ride and get her legal. im sure well get somekinda decent weather in NOV. im gonna try to snag a heated jacket to lol, and some grip warmers.
godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #2383
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

South Bend, not too far from me (I'm in Sturgis) so if you guys do one last easy ride lmk. I'll be leaving for New England/Maine end of next week and back on the 6th. If anything happens after that I'll probably tag along.

Won a weight loss contest I entered earlier this summer so have some more farkle money

edit: Also anyone that knows of a decent 400cc and under dual sport let me know, the lady from above picture on my bike really does want to get a bike and trying to keep it under her budget of $2K.

epix1718 screwed with this post 10-19-2011 at 03:42 PM
Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #2384
ZXMorty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
ill let yall know once i snag the new to me ride and get her legal. im sure well get somekinda decent weather in NOV. im gonna try to snag a heated jacket to lol, and some grip warmers.
With my electric jacket, gloves and heated grips the only thing that keeps me from riding is ice or snow on the roads.
ZXMorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #2385
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
South Bend, not too far from me (I'm in Sturgis) so if you guys do one last easy ride lmk. I'll be leaving for New England/Maine end of next week and back on the 6th. If anything happens after that I'll probably tag along.

Won a weight loss contest I entered earlier this summer so have some more farkle money

edit: Also anyone that knows of a decent 400cc and under dual sport let me know, the lady from above picture on my bike really does want to get a bike and trying to keep it under her budget of $2K.
Ride or drive the Kancamagus Highway in N.H., the road up Mt. Washington and the road up Cadillac Mt. while your out there. I can't recommend anywhere special to eat, I'm not a big lobster fan......Sounds like your friend would like a KLR 250 or XT225, both nice bikes. I think the Super Sherpa is E start. XT225 is E also...

exoff-roadgoat screwed with this post 10-20-2011 at 08:17 AM