ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #3901
patj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
bang

think i will skip the hike in the woods today. sounds like 4th of july. without the heat.
patj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #3902
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,230
No place is safe on opening day..Even walking the White Pine trail would be placing your life in danger. I remember back in the day when some buddies went single tracking on opening day.....And lived to tell about it.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #3903
patj
Adventurer

Wicked nice out

well its pretty nice out today. i think an after dogwalk motorcycle ride is in order. walkerville/hespotucky/stoney lake will be targeted. put a new rear tire on the F800S yesterday so i will scuff it up today. it is more difficult than it should be to pick between a $12k beemer and a $1.4k 750 honda. i have split the miles evenly this year, about 8500 miles each. i get a big kick out of the honda. it does a good job and is soooo cheap. the BMW is so light and quick the fun factor if high. both get 50mpg. and the heated jacket works great on either one.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #3904
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

The ride from Hesp. to Walkerville is one of my favs. I wish I had a faster bike for some of those straightaways.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #3905
patj
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
The ride from Hesp. to Walkerville is one of my favs. I wish I had a faster bike for some of those straightaways.
you know the levitt township hall building with the water well? nice area to give it the gas. saw more bikes than i thought i would. most near newaygo/croton area. weather looks good through thursday. saw a honda ST13 with a kaw connie 14 between croton and newaygo. nice allweather bikes. keep the salt off the roads and we're good for a while.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #3906
old fart bob
Armchair adventurer

Oddometer: 89
CharleyT & Road Goat, Yeah, I got one of those. Somebody bobbed both fenders. Had 8" slugs in the front end and ape hangers, as in 1970 chopper style. With my short legs I almost dropped it getting it out of my toy hauler. Ape hangers and slugs are gone. Nice flat scrambler bars. Picked the bike up in Hart. It was stored in the back of a barn behind a big Farm All tractor. Of course we couldn't get the damn tractor started so we had to lay the bike down on it's side and drag it under the tractor to get it out. The fibre glass of the tank was coming apart so I got one of those all steel tanks from India. Damn good workmanship. Had to have the screw threads in the tank re-tapped to accept British gas tap. That was no big deal. It's a blast to ride on two tracks out in the Manistee Forest south of Custer. Unbelievable acceleration. Damn noisy with the straight pipes. Tons of torque. I have a photo of the bike after I got it. If I learn how to post a picture I will post it.
old fart bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #3907
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,836
Quote:
No place is safe on opening day..Even walking the White Pine trail would be placing your life in danger. I remember back in the day when some buddies went single tracking on opening day.....And lived to tell about it.
My friend Chris and I went riding Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we were riding around the Gladwin Field Trial Area (lots of Hunters) and on Sunday we were riding the Gladwin ORV system and some of the seasonal roads around there. Both days we were riding from about 11-2pm, which is legal. When we got back yesterday, my neighbor exlaimed, "great to see you got back alive!"

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #3908
old fart bob
Armchair adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Mikesova, The reason you came back with your skin still intact is those things don't got no horns. Course, if you mounted horns on both bikes...eh, I don't know.
old fart bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #3909
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

I was mountain biking during small game season and met some hunters with shotguns on the trail. After passing them one of the assholes shot off a round I'm sure to see if I would crap my pants. I didn't.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #3910
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
I was mountain biking during small game season and met some hunters with shotguns on the trail. After passing them one of the assholes shot off a round I'm sure to see if I would crap my pants. I didn't.
Couldn't have been real hunters....real hunters don't need a 12g for small game, they use a .22!

How do you know they just weren't bad shots and missed that moving target?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #3911
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Couldn't have been real hunters....real hunters don't need a 12g for small game, they use a .22!

How do you know they just weren't bad shots and missed that moving target?
Maybe they were guarding their field full of dope? I know they weren't shooting at me, I've been shot at before and it sounds different.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #3912
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I know this has to be one of EXORGs favorite holidays because it involves EATING.................
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #3913
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I know this has to be one of EXORGs favorite holidays because it involves EATING.................
Thanks Jeff. Every day is a holiday at my advanced age......As a matter of fact I just had breakfast down at the restaurant on the beach. Beautiful morning, clear and crisp with no one else on the beach. Happy holiday y'all and good luck to the Lions, they'll need it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #3914
Reddog*
^ "Look up"

Oddometer: 2,737

Reddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #3915
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Thanks, right back at you... And the rest of ou guys too i guess.

I just got back from the "turkey trot" run in Gaylord. I got first in the 1 mile run, not sure on my time tho. I apparently did enough "training" the 3 days prior after I found out I was volunteered for it.

Happy turkey day

Kent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote