ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #31
Quelish
Mileage Grinder

Oddometer: 155
went riding with dent and red dog- anybody really into trails should head out there to Yankee springs, they're good boys to run with. Be prepared for a bit I sand though, so big heavy dual sport riders like myself might find issue (damned anakees failed me) but other then that good ride good people
Quelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #32
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151
Had a good time riding today, but two of us didn't enjoy it as much, one of us had to have the bike trailered home.
Yellow SV dug a trench into a ditch around lunchtime, but not because she was riding trails with us. Slipped into a corner, eh, it happens. SV is damaged, but probably can be saved.
Believe it or not, we then rode two up on the TW200 that reddog brought. It performed well beyond my expectations the whole time, what a cool bike! Pretty comfy seat too, but perhaps my wife could tell you how comfy the rack is.
Qeulis came with the round the world bike, but the sand proved to be too much for the michigan roads tires. Ah well, next time hopefully.

Found more and more two track, pretty good place to go ride.
Definitely expect sand.
Didn't locate my GPS mount from last time. Maybe the raccoons took that farkle.

See todays pics at
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...00#post7342900

dentedvw screwed with this post 07-06-2008 at 01:01 PM
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #33
Quelish
Mileage Grinder

Oddometer: 155
Sorry to hear about your wife man! Good that she's ok, that's always my worry with my woman when she's on her bike.

Turn signal epoxy is working on curing. Should be good as new in no time.

Thanks again for the ride guys!
Quelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #34
Reddog*
^ "Look up"

Oddometer: 2,666
dentedvw, Any time you are looking to get out let me know.

Quelish, sorry the sand sucked the wind out of you.

Dangergirl, heal up. I hope the TW rack didn't kill your butt to bad.

For me it was still a fun day.
Reddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:02 AM   #35
Z-8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Awsome ride reports guys! I live on the northern fringe of Yankee Springs township. I need to check in here a little more often; let me know if you're coming to the hood sometime, I'm usually up for a local day ride (DRZ400)
Z-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #36
dentedvw
Where did I put that

It looks like it will be tomorrow morning, once again. Looking to get some sand in my stuff again.
Around 8:30am we will be at Yankee Springs Rd and 179, then in search of two tracks and forest roads from there.

PM me if you want my #, in case you want to meet up at a later time.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #37
dentedvw
Where did I put that

No yankee for me this weekend, but I am hoping some SW michigan rider will step up and volunteer for the relay to help get PUI bird across our state. I could cover the whole thing, but it would be better to get more riders involved.
:)
Need a pickup in SW michigan on the 27th, deliver halfway-ish to Lansing.

Any takers?

There might be a coffee in it for you.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #38
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Maybe be can revive this thread? I'm in Grand Rapids and would like to meet up with some fellow ADVr's
TheGreatKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:39 AM   #39
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,173
Wow, you dug deep into the archives to find this thread! Its rare to see any post from W. Mich. There are lots of bikes in W Mich but most are the street racer/cruiser type. I'm in Grandville and ride a Honda Pacific Coast and also have a newly acquired DR 650. I was getting tired of road riding and thought I would do some back road exploring to the north and south of GR. I was thinking about taking all back roads and heading up towards Traverse City this week while the weather is still nice. Besides the love of exploring new places........I ride to eat. See ya!
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #40
Askel
Perma-n00b

Oddometer: 10,453
The Upper Peninsula Geography Awareness Program would like to provide a friendly reminder to all people participating in this thread that anything east of Lake Michigan hardly qualifies as "West Michigan".
Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:56 AM   #41
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel
The Upper Peninsula Geography Awareness Program would like to provide a friendly reminder to all people participating in this thread that anything east of Lake Michigan hardly qualifies as "West Michigan".
That kinda makes sense, but then not? I guess I live in the western side of lower Michigan then. Or West Michigan for short. Parts of Virginia are further west than West Virginia. This could be a problem? Way to go Khan, you trouble maker. You couldn't just let this thread die could you?

exoff-roadgoat screwed with this post 09-28-2010 at 07:03 AM
Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #42
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat
That kinda makes sense, but then not? I guess I live in the western side of lower Michigan then. Or West Michigan for short. Parts of Virginia are further west than West Virginia. This could be a problem? Way to go Khan, you trouble maker. You couldn't just let this thread die could you?

Haha. Geography Issues aside, I too recently picked up a DR650 and love to eat. We should do some riding before it gets too cold! We could ride around Yankee Springs, there is a RR on it that is pretty good. I don't really have much off road experience. Dirt and Gravel roads are about it so far.. I know what you are saying about cruisers though. I decided to pass on an ST1100 that I wanted to get to put some serious miles on. I decided it could wait until spring, and I had to have a DS bike. But, I managed to buy a 94 DR650, before doing too much research only to find I am going to have to make a rack for the those aluminum saddlebags I want so bad. Farkles aside, its a great bike and already one of my favorites.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #43
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

After reading your bio I see that I'm more than twice your age which only means that I should have more off roading experience than you. Once upon a time, back in the day, I ruled over all the single track in Michigan.(or so I thought) Now, thirty years later, I just like ripping down gravel roads at warp speed. The wife and I are leaving for Texas in a couple of weeks, maybe we can hook up before then and head out in the country on a search and destroy mission. Search for some wash board gravel roads and destroy some burgers. Anyone else interested can tag along. PM me if you want to go for a ride.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #44
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Sounds like a Plan! I'd jump on organizing a route but am struggling to find gravel and dirt roads to ride. If some of the other guys wake up and come back to the thread I'm sure we could coax a few into a day of riding.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #45
betasigscoot
Palaverer

Oddometer: 151
New to Battle Creek. Any fun short rides within 60mi? Seems like everything's paved...
betasigscoot is offline   Reply With Quote