ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #61
bmwgrrl
Goin' Minimalistic

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat
Whats a round trip cost this time of the year on the Express? I think its still pretty pricey. I wonder if the Badger out of Ludington would cost less? Manitowoc is closer to Sturgeon Bay also. I think you need tie downs for either one.

It's free for motorbikes sept/oct (also may/June). 129 rt for people (although you get stung 20$ for fuel/dock fees) Just got back from a trip last week. When I left on the 23d we had 7' waves. It was a fun ride. Coming back back was smooth sailing. Badger is nice, but for speed can't beat the LE. Milwaukee isn't all that bad. Stay on 131 north south depending on where you're headed.

Not All Who are Lost Wish to be Found
bmwgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #62
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,245
7ft. waves? Was it fun for everyone or just you? Did you brings tie down straps or did they lend you some rope? We have a 131 in Michigan too but its a boring ass ride.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #63
bongr
Midwest Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Standale / Allendale area. Ride a 1200 GSA
bongr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #64
bmwgrrl
Goin' Minimalistic

Quote:
7ft. waves? Was it fun for everyone or just you? Did you brings tie down straps or did they lend you some rope? We have a 131 in Michigan too but its a boring ass ride.
Oh I had a blast- peeps in the lounge not so much - i sat outside in the back of the boat - went in to the snack bar and got myself a nice little lunch. Walking was a challenge, but skipped staying inside - too many green faces hovering over bags.

They provide tie downs - hook and ratchet type.

131 in IL and WI is also known as Green Bay Road. Not terribly interesting, but way better than I94.

I like the Badger - something about that ol' steamer ship.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #65
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgrrl
It's free for motorbikes sept/oct (also may/June). 129 rt for people (although you get stung 20$ for fuel/dock fees) Just got back from a trip last week. When I left on the 23d we had 7' waves. It was a fun ride. Coming back back was smooth sailing. Badger is nice, but for speed can't beat the LE. Milwaukee isn't all that bad. Stay on 131 north south depending on where you're headed.

Thanks for the heads up! So I can't not go I guess! I mean a free ferry trip is a free ferry ride. If nothing else I could hop over to milwaukee for the day. Thanks for all the tips guys.

But, most importantly where are we going to ride!? We're quickly losing our season.
TheGreatKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #66
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgrrl
It's free for motorbikes sept/oct (also may/June).

Thanks for the tip!

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #67
bmwgrrl
Goin' Minimalistic

No worries. Anyone stopping in the Ann Arbor area, I have a spare room that I'm setting up exclusively for motorbike travelers.

Trees are just getting underway - good looking fall season so far...

Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #68
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

The weather looks awesome for the rest of the week. I'm outta here! Which bike to take? Road toad? Dualy? I'll figure it out in the morning.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #69
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Quote:
The weather looks awesome for the rest of the week. I'm outta here! Which bike to take? Road toad? Dualy? I'll figure it out in the morning.

Want to ride Friday?
Old 10-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #70
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatKahn
Want to ride Friday?
I'm heading north this morning Kahn. If I get back by tomorrow night I might be able to make Friday work. The weather is too nice to be spending it working on the lawn and doing other lame chores that my wife finds for me.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #71
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
I rode the BMW from Mason to Glenn-South Haven today and took a look at the lake. Found some nice backroads in the Delton, Doster, Hopkins area. You guys should check that area out. Also a lot of interesting dirt roads it looks like. What is your Friday plan Khan? Roadies or Duallies?
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #72
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr
I rode the BMW from Mason to Glenn-South Haven today and took a look at the lake. Found some nice backroads in the Delton, Doster, Hopkins area. You guys should check that area out. Also a lot of interesting dirt roads it looks like. What is your Friday plan Khan? Roadies or Duallies?

Hey Guys,
I am hoping to ride DS. Being a broke recent college grad my road bikes are all old (that and I like old bikes). But my 77 GS750 which I would love to ride is up on the lift in my shop getting some love.

Jeff, got your message. I will call you back later today! I'm stuck working most of tomorrow. However, I would be happy to rally with anybody interested to head up north. Otherwise I might just throw the DR in the back of the Scout and drive it up to do some light trail riding.

SO what say you Michiganders? I've been in the garage most of the evening making sure I can ride this weekend hopefully the rest of you guys can too!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #73
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Quote:

Hey Guys,
I am hoping to ride DS. Being a broke recent college grad my road bikes are all old (that and I like old bikes). But my 77 GS750 which I would love to ride is up on the lift in my shop getting some love.

Jeff, got your message. I will call you back later today! I'm stuck working most of tomorrow. However, I would be happy to rally with anybody interested to head up north. Otherwise I might just throw the DR in the back of the Scout and drive it up to do some light trail riding.

SO what say you Michiganders? I've been in the garage most of the evening making sure I can ride this weekend hopefully the rest of you guys can too!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #74
TheGreatKahn
Adventurer

Quote:

Hey Guys,

Old 10-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #75
betasigscoot
Palaverer

Oddometer: 151
Eh, I've got a weekend free. Either 'round Lake Michigan or heading toward the UP
betasigscoot is offline   Reply With Quote