User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2015, 02:48 AM   #1
dafish OP
Mr fish

Oddometer: 64
A VIDEO rant on customer service

A light hearted RANT ish on piaggio customer service ..im losing my patience lol

https://youtu.be/SIngkJ5fUSw
dafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:28 AM   #2
gmk999
____ as a Rotax

Oddometer: 1,030
LOL.. Buy Japanese like the rest of the world
Old 04-25-2015, 04:32 AM   #3
dafish OP
Mr fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmk999 View Post
LOL.. Buy Japanese like the rest of the world
Ha ha .. I thought they may have moved on ...
Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #4
Culcune
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
That is probably the biggest shortcoming of motorsports in general--any warranty issue, and you DO NOT get a loaner! It is no excuse that you pay much less (most of the time) for a bike, like a scooter, vs. a car. Like you said in your video, you're F%&KED without a bike--a new bike; and you weren't provided with anything in the meantime...
Culcune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
Scott_F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
It's our own damned fault. If you had read up on them, you would have known...

PIAGGIO HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD.

On my recommendation, my son bought an Aprilia, which is owned by Piaggio. Some twit stole his dipstick, effectively putting him off the road.

IT TOOK FOURTEEN MONTHS TO GET A REPLACEMENT PART FROM PIAGGIO.

I made the same mistake as you. I assumed that Piaggio/Aprilia was a reputable manufacturer who would support their dealers and customers. I was very wrong. Had I known, I would have urged my son to get a Japanese or even (gak) a Chinese scooter. Since then, I have met too many other Aprilia owners who have had the same experience. It is not coincidence. It is next to impossible to get replacement parts from Piaggio. Since then, my dealer has dropped the line because of too many unhappy customers.

I hope you are able to get your bike back on the road soon. In all honesty, it is a faint hope. They must sell a lot of scooters in Italy, because they seem to think that the scooter market elsewhere need not be taken seriously.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PIAGGIO PRODUCT.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Caveat emptor.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Canada
Scott_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
dafish OP
Mr fish

They picked it up today ...2 hours late....took it to the shop and phoned to say the front wheel bearing was faulty ... no shit sherlock i told them that in my first email ....but they haven't got one so have to order one in WTF they have know for 10 days its fucked ...lucky i missed the call ...im going to copy and paste this video to piaggios complaints page i think
Old 04-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #7
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 3,075
anyway just so you know with youtube . Right click mouse. drop down menu copy embedded code. and Paste here .

I really am going what the fuck? Wheel bearing are not a something that should be hard to get . Shit they re all standard sizing and most auto parts stores can get them the next day . Kind of comfirms what being said before great product bad service and parts .

As for you face as long as it's not doing that face guys do at a certain moment in sex it's ok. But I really also want a garnaty that watching this video doesn't crack my glasses . LOL. Sorry now you have something else to rant on about . That jerk on adv.

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 04-25-2015 at 08:03 PM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:33 AM   #8
dafish OP
Mr fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
anyway just so you know with youtube . Right click mouse. drop down menu copy embedded code. and Paste here .

I really am going what the fuck? Wheel bearing are not a something that should be hard to get . Shit they re all standard sizing and most auto parts stores can get them the next day . Kind of comfirms what being said before great product bad service and parts .

As for you face as long as it's not doing that face guys do at a certain moment in sex it's ok. But I really also want a garnaty that watching this video doesn't crack my glasses . LOL. Sorry now you have something else to rant on about . That jerk on adv.

Thanks for the posting tip ...most places you just copy the link lol ...dont worry about a little banter .. i dish it out therefore the law of sarcasm says i must accept ...
Old 04-26-2015, 06:13 AM   #9
HelloPitty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Enjoyed your rant.
Enjoyed your face. (I don't mean that flirtatiously, you just have a pleasant face).
For some reason rants in an English accent sound charming.
I hope you get your bike back soon, I'd like to see some more countryside.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #10
Brooktown Geezer
scooter guy

Oddometer: 495
Best wishes on getting your bike back and enjoying many future trouble free miles on it.

Just for balance, I've been riding Piaggio products for years and have never been stranded or left without wheels. I've had 8 Vespa/Piaggio scoots and only had two warranty items - one was an oil leak that was fixed at a dealer's shop during a service visit and never recurred, and the other was an MP3 that had something wrong with the front end. That one was difficult for the dealer to diagnose, and after 3 attempts, the scoot had lost it's allure and I traded it in on a BMW G650GS. So yeah, that one was less than stellar.

Overall though, I can't find another two wheeled ride that makes me smile like the 300 Super.
Brooktown Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #11
dafish OP
Mr fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloPitty View Post
Enjoyed your rant.
Enjoyed your face. (I don't mean that flirtatiously, you just have a pleasant face).
For some reason rants in an English accent sound charming.
I hope you get your bike back soon, I'd like to see some more countryside.
will be more country rides for sure ...if i get it back before winter
Old 04-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #12
dafish OP
Mr fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooktown Geezer View Post
Best wishes on getting your bike back and enjoying many future trouble free miles on it.

Just for balance, I've been riding Piaggio products for years and have never been stranded or left without wheels. I've had 8 Vespa/Piaggio scoots and only had two warranty items - one was an oil leak that was fixed at a dealer's shop during a service visit and never recurred, and the other was an MP3 that had something wrong with the front end. That one was difficult for the dealer to diagnose, and after 3 attempts, the scoot had lost it's allure and I traded it in on a BMW G650GS. So yeah, that one was less than stellar.

Overall though, I can't find another two wheeled ride that makes me smile like the 300 Super.
I don't have a problem with the product a wheel bearing could fail on anything its the customer care issues lol ..weird thing is i would still buy a vespa but out of warranty and fix it myself
Old 04-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #13
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 3,075
I have say how disapoint your rant is and unenglish . Really show your proud of England and Brake out those wonderfull insults . Such as Son of a motherless goat. Gits ,asshate , wankers Bollocks,Toff,
Dead from the neck up, and sons of motherless goats.

Gods I love your insults so much more colourfull then what we use but really hope it work out . Maybe go pick up a ether a honda pcx or honda sh125 ,150 or 300 . Then again there so much you get over there that we ll never see here.

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 04-27-2015 at 12:23 AM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #14
dafish OP
Mr fish

It may escalate if they don't fix it soon lol
Old 04-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #15
dafish OP
Mr fish