Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #1531
rtking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua1957
Horse power increased have the maps to show it.
Good to hear! Do you happen to have a dyno plot you can share with us? What was the peak hp number vs. stock and at what rpm?
rtking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #1532
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Dyno plot

If anyone would like to see the Dyno Plot please email me with your email address and I will send you a copy
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #1533
1stscoot
iscoot

Oddometer: 43
Thumbs down New rear rack security issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues n twos

It was brought to my attention by a fellow owner that the locking tab that is separate from the rack-see top picture-and attached with two allen bolts from below, makes the case vulnerable to theft. Even with your case locked, the bolts can be removed from below-see picture above as an example-and the entire case with locking tab still attached lifted off the rack. The case can be taken elsewhere and broken into later by the thief.

What was Yamaha thinking???!!

Left Coast, Kalifornia
2009 Yamaha Tmax
2004 Aprilia Atlantic 200 RIP
1stscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #1534
rtking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stscoot
It was brought to my attention by a fellow owner that the locking tab that is separate from the rack-see top picture-and attached with two allen bolts from below, makes the case vulnerable to theft. Even with your case locked, the bolts can be removed from below-see picture above as an example-and the entire case with locking tab still attached lifted off the rack. The case can be taken elsewhere and broken into later by the thief.

What was Yamaha thinking???!!
I understand your angst, but what's the likelihood that someone is going to be walking around with Allen wrenches, and specifically the right sized Allen wrench?
rtking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #1535
zero war
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
urgent help !!!!!!! mechanic for the variator install.

hey guys,

need a favour. im in the manhattan, new jersey area and was abt to buy a variator but someone told me its not the easiest thing to install. anybody had any experience in the manahattan/jersey area with a good mechanic who can install a jcosta without any hitches?

please reply soon or email me at zorawar@gmail.com (that way i'll get it right away on my blackberry)

thanks again.

Zee

.....I'm not lost..... I'm just looking for the guys who drove me here!
zero war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #1536
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
JCosta Variator

Have a JCosta Variator with 16 gram weights if anyone is interested email me aqua1957@yahoo.com
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #1537
togadelic
n00b

Oddometer: 8
what is the seat to floorboard distance on these?
togadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #1538
1stscoot
iscoot

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking
I understand your angst, but what's the likelihood that someone is going to be walking around with Allen wrenches, and specifically the right sized Allen wrench?
Thieves carry bolt cutters to cut your lock/chain/cable. They carry screw drivers to break your locks and ignition, crowbars to jimmy your doors, hammers to break your windows. I would bet they carry various type wrenches also. Maybe you don't get much crime out there on the beach? Just sayin'....

Left Coast, Kalifornia
2009 Yamaha Tmax
2004 Aprilia Atlantic 200 RIP

1stscoot screwed with this post 06-20-2010 at 09:55 AM
1stscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #1539
GuidoF
n00b

Installing L E D Brake Lights in a Shad 50 Top Case

Have any one of you tried to use LED lights inside the tail reflectors on a Shad 50 Top Case?

I found these:

http://ledaccentlights.net/store/ind...f83d0101e92341

I emailed them for size info. They're 4" X 3/16th thick.

Any opinions on how to install these? Obviously I'll need a water tight quick disconnect to unplug them when I remove the case.

Tips appreciated.

Dan
GuidoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #1540
GuidoF
n00b

I bought these at my local Auto Zone Store. $20. I need another set though.

One row will be for running lights the other for brake lights. If anyone is interested I will be glad to post a video when I do the other side. It's pretty easy though.

Dan

GuidoF screwed with this post 06-21-2010 at 07:46 PM
Old 07-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #1541
GuidoF
n00b

Can someone please tell me where I can buy the Euro style turn signals for the 2009 Yamaha Tmax 500?

A link would be great.

EDIT- I found it. Thanks for nothing.

Thanks,

Dan

GuidoF screwed with this post 07-01-2010 at 06:14 PM
Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 AM   #1542
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
And I am guessing with that attitude you won't ever get much help here...
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #1543
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by psolk
And I am guessing with that attitude you won't ever get much help here...
+1... So...psolk...how are you doing? Are you healed up yet? Is there a new T-Max in your future? Inquiring minds want to know. Hope all is well...
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #1544
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroller
+1... So...psolk...how are you doing? Are you healed up yet? Is there a new T-Max in your future? Inquiring minds want to know. Hope all is well...
I second that , how the hell are you ? Well I hope , fill us in .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #1545
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
Hey Guys!
Long time no speak... Turns out the injury was worse than anticipated... Dislocated ankle joint and 6 different fractures but I just started weight bearing with a cane a few days ago :) Needless to say I have been online every day looking at pics and vids lol... I am hoping another 6-8 weeks and I will be back on 2 wheels...

As it looks like there is no T-750 in the immediate future I am currently looking at a 2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GTS ABS... Fascinating bike... Completely clutchless and can be switched between full automatic, thumb shifting on the bars or foot shifting depending on your mood. And with the built in storage where the gas tank should be you even get storage of a scoot like the T. Based on the fact Honda just released a $15k+ clutchless 1200 there is definitely something to the technology. It also has an adjustable suspension for my short butt LOL...

Nothing definite yet but certainly the way I am leaning :)
Here is the link: http://www.aprilia.com/en-US/Model/2.../Overview.aspx

Thanks again guys!!! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the rides, I know I miss it terribly!!!

BTW, I ended up with some things left over, PM me if you are interested... Rear Tire hugger (never installed), Never installed Throttlemeister, stock windscreen (will give it away free if anyone needs a replacement) the low profile carbon fiber mirrors... and I think that might be it :(

All the best guys!!!
-Paul
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote