Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #1546
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by psolk
Hey Guys!
Long time no speak... Turns out the injury was worse than anticipated... Dislocated ankle joint and 6 different fractures but I just started weight bearing with a cane a few days ago :) Needless to say I have been online every day looking at pics and vids lol... I am hoping another 6-8 weeks and I will be back on 2 wheels...

As it looks like there is no T-750 in the immediate future I am currently looking at a 2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GTS ABS... Fascinating bike... Completely clutchless and can be switched between full automatic, thumb shifting on the bars or foot shifting depending on your mood. And with the built in storage where the gas tank should be you even get storage of a scoot like the T. Based on the fact Honda just released a $15k+ clutchless 1200 there is definitely something to the technology. It also has an adjustable suspension for my short butt LOL...

Nothing definite yet but certainly the way I am leaning :)
Here is the link: http://www.aprilia.com/en-US/Model/2.../Overview.aspx

Thanks again guys!!! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the rides, I know I miss it terribly!!!

BTW, I ended up with some things left over, PM me if you are interested... Rear Tire hugger (never installed), Never installed Throttlemeister, stock windscreen (will give it away free if anyone needs a replacement) the low profile carbon fiber mirrors... and I think that might be it :(

All the best guys!!!
-Paul
Paul , I'll take your wind shield if you don't mind . What is a tire hugger ?
Let me know what the shipping will be to 48038 . Also sorry to hear that things were worse than thought . I had a similar incident last week but survived because I had a good dozen car lengths in front of me . Long story short every one in front of me smashed on their brakes while swerving all over the place . All of a sudden I found out what the problem was . A hub cap was coming at me like a bullet with my name on it . I swerved to the right an the F#CKING thing swerved to the left like a bullet with my name on it . I was going about 50mph and so was the hub cap . I didn't panic , I just got down behind the windshield and took my medicine . It hit my front tire and sounded like a hand grenade going off in a garbage can . I actually thought of you after all was said and done . To any one who reads this , DON'T TAIL-GATE !!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE AT LEAST 10 CARS BETWEEN YOU AND THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU , YOU ARE TAIL-GATING !

TheReaper
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #1547
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Hey Guys!....
BTW, I ended up with some things left over, PM me if you are interested... Rear Tire hugger (never installed), Never installed Throttlemeister, stock windscreen (will give it away free if anyone needs a replacement) the low profile carbon fiber mirrors... and I think that might be it :(

All the best guys!!!
-Paul
PM Sent.
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #1548
neoboboo
scooter guy

Oddometer: 16
Quote:

As it looks like there is no T-750 in the immediate future I am currently looking at a 2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GTS ABS...

All the best guys!!!
-Paul
Paul, you're leaving us for a Aprilia? Aww, shucks! At least for the time being you can only look and not ride, so maybe by the time you heal completely to 100% the 750 will be out.

There's not much going on in the Tmax world; still the same people chatting around on the forums, the same lurkers and not too many new max riders.

Take your time to heal, don't rush eh?
neoboboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #1549
mamba24
ScRaM pUpPeT

Oddometer: 137
I almost ended up getting the Mana, but never regretted a little about my tmax, ey Paul hope you get back on that horsey real soon!!
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #1550
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Oddometer: 39
imho, the mana looks just pretty ordinary to me
i would rather go for the gilera gp800 but then again i luv what my tmax can do, at least it out perform my fz1 at corners...
habitual lateness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #1551
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Psolk...sent you another PM...let me know about the rear tire hugger. Thanks!
_______
Bob R.
2009 Yamaha T-Max
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #1552
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
Thanks Neo! Nothing is set in stone yet :) Fingers crossed on a 750 T...
Reaper, the shield is yours! I am looking into shipping costs for people tomorrow. Had people over for the 4th and then had to be in Harrisburg for meetings today so tomorrow is my first chance...

Lateness, I have not found a GP800 in the states... You also KNOW I LOVE my T but the Mana is a different bike. Although it is not a pass thru like the T it offers the same full auto shifting of a T, or a paddle-shifter like manual with thumb shifters or a foot shifter depending on your mood. It can also take a full face helmet where a gas tank would be so you have storage right in front of you when you pull up to a light instead of under your butt LOL... It also does 0-60 in low 4's when you want to leave the light And considering Motorcycle magazines around the globe find the bike to be revolutionary with its clutchless gearbox (same tranny the new Honda FZR1200 is using but for almost 20K loaded) I would't call it ordinary

Regardless, I still love the T and if there is a 750 that is most likely what I will end up with but if not that Aprilia is waiting to slide in and pick up the slack
Cheers guys, hope everyone is staying cool in this summer heat :)
-P
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #1553
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Neo! Nothing is set in stone yet :) Fingers crossed on a 750 T...
Reaper, the shield is yours! I am looking into shipping costs for people tomorrow. Had people over for the 4th and then had to be in Harrisburg for meetings today so tomorrow is my first chance...

Lateness, I have not found a GP800 in the states... You also KNOW I LOVE my T but the Mana is a different bike. Although it is not a pass thru like the T it offers the same full auto shifting of a T, or a paddle-shifter like manual with thumb shifters or a foot shifter depending on your mood. It can also take a full face helmet where a gas tank would be so you have storage right in front of you when you pull up to a light instead of under your butt LOL... It also does 0-60 in low 4's when you want to leave the light And considering Motorcycle magazines around the globe find the bike to be revolutionary with its clutchless gearbox (same tranny the new Honda FZR1200 is using but for almost 20K loaded) I would't call it ordinary

Regardless, I still love the T and if there is a 750 that is most likely what I will end up with but if not that Aprilia is waiting to slide in and pick up the slack
Cheers guys, hope everyone is staying cool in this summer heat :)
-P

Great . I want to do an experiment with it . Let me know when you are ready to ship the stuff and I'll send the shipping money .

TheReaper!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #1554
mamba24
ScRaM pUpPeT

Ey psolk you didnt reply on my pm regarding the mirrors, just wonderin?, anyways if it still available just give me a buzz, thanks and hope you have a great summer.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #1555
psolk
TMAX Noob

Hey Mamba, Sorry about that!! I had a few PM's!! It looks like the windscreen, the mirrors and the tire-hugger are all accounted for... Reaper, RColler and Aqua were the first three to respond so I am going with first come first serve :) If anyone backs out for any reason I will let you know! I did realize I also have my "tank bag" (slightly used), still have the throttlemeister, and even a stock exhaust if anyone needs one

David, I am sorry I didn't get back to you, crazy holiday weekend and then meetings with Pennsylvania State Police yesterday... Some of the other guys were quicker to respond though and I just went with the first PM's I got... Sorry again for not getting back to you!!! Let me know if you want the bag...

Hope everyone is enjoying the 103 heat in the Northeast today!!! Stay safe and stay cool...
Paul
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 07-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #1556
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Hey Mamba, Sorry about that!! I had a few PM's!! It looks like the windscreen, the mirrors and the tire-hugger are all accounted for... Reaper, RColler and Aqua were the first three to respond so I am going with first come first serve :) If anyone backs out for any reason I will let you know! I did realize I also have my "tank bag" (slightly used), still have the throttlemeister, and even a stock exhaust if anyone needs one

David, I am sorry I didn't get back to you, crazy holiday weekend and then meetings with Pennsylvania State Police yesterday... Some of the other guys were quicker to respond though and I just went with the first PM's I got... Sorry again for not getting back to you!!! Let me know if you want the bag...

Hope everyone is enjoying the 103 heat in the Northeast today!!! Stay safe and stay cool...
Paul
Paul I am interested in the throttlemeister and the exhaust .

TheReaper!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #1557
mamba24
ScRaM pUpPeT

No problem buddy, just take care and enjoy the summer.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #1558
psolk
TMAX Noob

Thanks Mamba, U too!!!

Reaper, PM me and we can talk about the throttlemeister $...

For everyone else the shipping looks like it is about $13.95 but I am waiting for the boxes from my mailman so I will PM you when they get here
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 07-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #1559
psolk
TMAX Noob

Found this for lateness... I don't read German but I know #1 and how to count stars ;)

2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 07-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #1560
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Oddometer: 39
thanks for the crash-course in astrology..now i am learned..
habitual lateness is offline   Reply With Quote