User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #1606
zero war
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
tmax issues.......

so last weekend i was on my "stella" and was with a friend visiting some openhouses. lots of traffic and a lot of start and go got my temprature needle 2 millimeters higher than the half way mark. (ive never seen it go abouve the half way mark). the cooling fan comes on and im stuck in traffic so i killed the motor, waited 5 minutes till i could move ahead and tried strating it....... suddenly i hear this multiple clicking sound..... all the meters start jumping and the bike seems dead...... :(

i pushed my bike to the side and waited 5 minutes and tried again and it started.... i figured maybe it got too hot.....

today i rode into manhattan and had to wait 20 minurtes to park near my office..... the bike had the fan on but the engine off..... it cooled off for the 20 minutes that i waited...... street cleaning gets done while i wait and then i start the bike to park it. once parked i thought id move it in a bit so i started it again.... and wham........ same problem...

anybody experienced this. My "stella is parked on the street now and i have not been able to start it.... any suggestions?

also i got a letter from yamaha regarding Y.E.S (yamaha extended warranty) has anyone tried this out.... its abt $280 for 2 years.....
it does not mention what all it covers.... is it like the factory warranty.... i see stuff abt free towing and no deductable if you breakdown.... but what abt the regular warranty. does this extended warranty cover the bike the same way? have to go to the mechanic in abt 5 hours so if someone can help me with some info it would be great.....

.....I'm not lost..... I'm just looking for the guys who drove me here!
zero war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #1607
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero war
do you mean the shield that comes with the bike? ive been looking for the shield that psolk used to have and wondering if i should change mine too....
No, not the one that comes with...it's a shorter tinted sport shield (same one as in Psolk's post) that is still OEM Yamaha but an option to the clear stock shield. You can also see it in my Avatar.

Here's a link to where I got mine:

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/M...009&Model=TMAX

rcroller screwed with this post 09-03-2010 at 06:50 AM
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #1608
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero war
anybody experienced this. My "stella is parked on the street now and i have not been able to start it.... any suggestions?

also i got a letter from yamaha regarding Y.E.S (yamaha extended warranty) has anyone tried this out.... its abt $280 for 2 years.....
it does not mention what all it covers.... is it like the factory warranty.... i see stuff abt free towing and no deductable if you breakdown.... but what abt the regular warranty. does this extended warranty cover the bike the same way? have to go to the mechanic in abt 5 hours so if someone can help me with some info it would be great.....
zero war, try this:

http://majestyusa.com/forums/viewtop...6ba1f599eb9c25

There are several threads in this forum that may be helpful...this was just the most recent one concerning the problem. Also threads on the YES program which most T-Maxers have passed on as it doesn't actually cover much when you study the fine print. Good Luck!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #1609
Panda*
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Sorry, guys, what took so long to respond. I had one more trip to the peninsula of Crimea, Ukraine. Sun, Black Sea, 14 days, 3600 km, full of fun!

to fohtrotguy: I am short too, so it was a problem with the choice of shoes, but it decided when I bought the boots of Italian company Newrock
http://shoes.ru/index.php?akus=2&id=3712

to TheReaper!: I bought my Max in the last year about 14 thousand USD, but it was already 1 year with a run 7 thousand km. Now the new Max, 2010., Cost about 16 thousand USD
Panda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #1610
VerlynNofzinger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Can someone advise where I can purchase the mirror block off plates for the Yamaha T-Max scooter? I tried sending an Email to a website that listed them but the Email came back as undeliverable.
VerlynNofzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #1611
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerlynNofzinger
Can someone advise where I can purchase the mirror block off plates for the Yamaha T-Max scooter? I tried sending an Email to a website that listed them but the Email came back as undeliverable.
Here's one:

http://www.accessoriscooter.com/genx...db3414e5c97e48

and another:

http://www.tmaxworld.com/description...page=10&id=478

Hope one of them works for you.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #1612
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda*
Sorry, guys, what took so long to respond. I had one more trip to the peninsula of Crimea, Ukraine. Sun, Black Sea, 14 days, 3600 km, full of fun!

to fohtrotguy: I am short too, so it was a problem with the choice of shoes, but it decided when I bought the boots of Italian company Newrock

to TheReaper!: I bought my Max in the last year about 14 thousand USD, but it was already 1 year with a run 7 thousand km. Now the new Max, 2010., Cost about 16 thousand USD
Good grief ! That's a lot of money , and Putin wants to raise it even more ? What is the tax structure like , on say income tax , sales tax etc ?

Always curious . TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #1613
Maddman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerlynNofzinger
great folks to deal with as well...pricey though...
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1843

Dual HID's Mod,Yoshi CF Exhaust,Bmc Air Filter,Axel Cover,EvoTec Tail Tidy,Blue Led Under Body Lights,H2O proof Navi Bag,Yammy Sport Sheild,Fabbri Hand Guards,Yammi Console Bag,Blue Ref Wheel Stripes,Yammi Aux socket,Euro Winkers,Battery Tender Jr,heated grips, JC Evo2-R,
CF Mirrors,corbin seat
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #1614
foxtrotguy
n00b

Oddometer: 9

Hi Panda,

Thanks for the boot information. Now the search begins again.

Ride Safe
CanAm Spyder RT
Honda VFR1200FD
foxtrotguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #1615
tusambolo
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Charging the battery

Is there a way to remove the battery without the entire front panel ?
tusambolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #1616
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusambolo
Is there a way to remove the battery without the entire front panel ?
Chain saw from underneath .

TheReaper!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #1617
tusambolo
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper!
Chain saw from underneath .

TheReaper!
LOL I am tempted to saw it , that's the biggest pain in the B.... to change a battery. I sow the guy on youtube he removed eveything in the front.
I guess it will be worth installing battery charging leads.
tusambolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #1618
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusambolo
LOL I am tempted to saw it , that's the biggest pain in the B.... to change a battery. I sow the guy on youtube he removed eveything in the front.
I guess it will be worth installing battery charging leads.
That's the first thing you want to do (leads) , and keep that battery charged . The cost of a new battery is bad enough , installing it just puts salt in the wounds . The one and only thing I liked about the Silverwing is , that the battery was under the seat and easy to get to . The Tmax is a great scooter but a big GIANT pain in the ass gettin to any thing .

TheReaper!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:25 AM   #1619
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Just changed my battery two days ago and agree it's a bit of a PIA but not really all that bad once you accept the fact that you have to remove the mirrors, windscreen, and front tupperware to get to it. It took me about 30 minutes and now I should be set for another two years...since I ride pretty much every day I don't worry about a battery tender but if I didn't I'd definitely install one. The replacement gel battery runs about $100 so not cheap. I'm pretty sure mine died prematurely due to the heat where I live.

rcroller screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 11:23 AM
Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #1620
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Oddometer: 39
i think the tricky part is pulling and removing the front tupperware..after this is child play
habitual lateness is offline   Reply With Quote