Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #1621
Scooterboy58
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroller
Just changed my battery two days ago and agree it's a bit of a PIA but not really all that bad once you accept the fact that you have to remove the mirrors, windsscreen, and front tupperware to get to it. It took me about 30 minutes and now I should be set for another two years...since I ride pretty much every day I don't worry about a battery tender but if I didn't I'd definitely install one. The replacement gel battery runs about $100 so not cheap. I'm pretty sure mine died prematurely due to the heat where I live.

Only 2 years on the battery? ouch mine is 2 years old and going strong but then again I ride 54 miles one way every day and it keeps the charge up
Scooterboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #1622
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
I make four 9 mile trips a day back and forth to/from work but apparently that isn't enough to keep it charged or I just had a bad battery. It's about as hot where you live so can't just blame it on the heat I guess. 54 miles one way is quite a daily commute!
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #1623
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerlynNofzinger
Can someone advise where I can purchase the mirror block off plates for the Yamaha T-Max scooter? I tried sending an Email to a website that listed them but the Email came back as undeliverable.
Stop posting this in every thread!!!

Jeez .. start a new thread... be patient... wait a few days
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #1624
Maddman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy
Stop posting this in every thread!!!

Jeez .. start a new thread... be patient... wait a few days
If you look he did start not 1 but 2 new threads asking same question,,,and I answered him in 2 places,,,,hasent responded, so we ignore him....
Dual HID's Mod,Yoshi CF Exhaust,Bmc Air Filter,Axel Cover,EvoTec Tail Tidy,Blue Led Under Body Lights,H2O proof Navi Bag,Yammy Sport Sheild,Fabbri Hand Guards,Yammi Console Bag,Blue Ref Wheel Stripes,Yammi Aux socket,Euro Winkers,Battery Tender Jr,heated grips, JC Evo2-R,
CF Mirrors,corbin seat
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #1625
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddman
If you look he did start not 1 but 2 new threads asking same question,,,and I answered him in 2 places,,,,hasent responded, so we ignore him....
Yeah, I answered him too...Hey Maddman...how's that new Corbin workin out for you? I'm thinking of getting one but waiting to hear what you think before pulling the trigger. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #1626
Maddman
Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, I answered him too...Hey Maddman...how's that new Corbin workin out for you? I'm thinking of getting one but waiting to hear what you think before pulling the trigger. Thanks!
Do it!!! I went on a 701 mile trip on tues and my ass was the only thing that didnt hurt, I love the way it kinda cradles you in a pocket it feels more stable at high speeds and looks so cool.....I went from charlotte nc to chattanooga tenn over the mountain beautifull ride combo of nice twisties and straight highway cruzing, left at 4am got home at 9pm..long day last hour was brutal....red bulls for the win
Dual HID's Mod,Yoshi CF Exhaust,Bmc Air Filter,Axel Cover,EvoTec Tail Tidy,Blue Led Under Body Lights,H2O proof Navi Bag,Yammy Sport Sheild,Fabbri Hand Guards,Yammi Console Bag,Blue Ref Wheel Stripes,Yammi Aux socket,Euro Winkers,Battery Tender Jr,heated grips, JC Evo2-R,
CF Mirrors,corbin seat
Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #1627
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddman
Do it!!! I went on a 701 mile trip on tues and my ass was the only thing that didnt hurt, I love the way it kinda cradles you in a pocket it feels more stable at high speeds and looks so cool.....I went from charlotte nc to chattanooga tenn over the mountain beautifull ride combo of nice twisties and straight highway cruzing, left at 4am got home at 9pm..long day last hour was brutal....red bulls for the win
Thanks, Maddman...that's just what I wanted to hear. Sounds like a great trip and a good tryout for the new saddle. That's next on my list once the CF Boomerangs get here. Thanks again!

rcroller screwed with this post 09-10-2010 at 09:47 AM
Old 09-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #1628
YaMamma
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Thumb

Quote:
No, not the one that comes with...it's a shorter tinted sport shield (same one as in Psolk's post) that is still OEM Yamaha but an option to the clear stock shield. You can also see it in my Avatar.

Here's a link to where I got mine:

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/M...009&Model=TMAX
Hey Gnarley,
here's a picture on a tinted sport windscreen on a yellow TMAX, at the bottom of this link http://blog.yamahagenuineparts.com/search/label/TMAX The sport windscreen is 6.5 inches shorter than stock
YaMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #1629
VerlynNofzinger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Thanks for the info on the mirror block off plates
VerlynNofzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #1630
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
Hey guys.... Since I know some of you have asked about the new bike...
Well after almost six weeks of waiting (which turned out to be just enough time to let my leg finish healing anyway)(5 months total since the wreck) my new Mana finally arrived last Thursday :worship: She will never fully replace Veronica my T but Cecelia my new Mana is quite the looker in her own right...

After getting her unloaded and figuring out how to program the keys it took about 45 minutes to realize the ABS warning light is normal until you exceed 3.1 MPH LOL :nutts:
I was about to call Jon at AF1 until I dug into the manual a bit... After 3 days of riding and close to 400 miles on her so far I am very impressed. It doesn't feel nearly as heavy as my old T-Max despite probably coming in at the same weight, feels much quicker throughout the power band, much easier to throw around and the trunk where a gas tank should be is genius. I think the T was more comfortable for long rides but I do like the riding position of the Mana better. Not being able to throw my feet up and relax on long rides is going to be sorely missed though. The option of full automatic, foot shifting or paddle shifting is very clever... It feels phenomenally planted, brakes seem pretty impressive with the ABS, the dropped suspension and adjustable footpegs are perfect for me to flatfoot at 5'6, plenty of torque when you are shifting manually and paddle shifting is a blast!

All in all for buying sight unseen and going off some reviews, pics and the forums I am not regretting my purchase for 1 second!! Jon and the guys at AF1 were great to deal with, shipping was simple, all in all I would do it again in a heartbeat for my next bike...

Well enough of my babbling, here is the link to some pics...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/psolk/s...7624940840396/
There is delivery day with shipping pics, some pics later in the day with her rear hugger on, footpegs installed and throttle lock on and some pics at the end of the day off my phone out by Sandy hook. Enjoy!

Thanks guys, looking forward to being back on two wheels
Paul

2010 Black Mana GT
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, Center Stand, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Valentine One Radar
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)

psolk screwed with this post 09-12-2010 at 12:34 PM
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #1631
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
Mana from heaven

Very nice Paul ! Now ! No more tail gating & keep us up to date on your new bike .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #1632
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
Thanks and Absolutely!!! I hear ya
-Paul
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #1633
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Congrats, Paul....REALLY SWEEET!!! Hope you get many miles of smiles...It's going on my short list of next bike possibilites for sure...
Enjoy!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #1634
neoboboo
scooter guy

Oddometer: 16
Congrats on the bike Paul! You're doing a heck of a good job tempting me to get a Mana with your pictures! LOL...

Glad you're back riding again!
neoboboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #1635
Maddman
Adventurer

Grats Brother, she is real perty. good luck with her, and let me know how your overall feelings are , handeling, higher speed stability and buffeting is with that little sheild......
CF Mirrors,corbin seat