Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #1636
Panda*
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Hi!!! Here is my report about trip to Europe. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619682
Panda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #1637
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Awesome Trip and Pics...Thanks for sharing!
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #1638
tusambolo
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Tmax battery

I have a new 10Ah battery can I use it on my Tmax if it fits and do I change any wire or electric part to make it work ?
TIA
tusambolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #1639
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
Thanks for the good wishes on the new bike everyone!! I miss the T (Veronica) but Cecelia the Aprilia is doing a good job of keeping me happy in her absence...

What a trip Panda!!! Thanks for sharing the amazing trip report and pics! You just made me incredible jealous, what a phenomenal trip!!!
-P

PS, Your English is great, I had no problem reading and understanding! Now if I were to try to write to you in Russian I wouldn't have a clue!!! Great job!
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #1640
Panda*
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
psolk Thanks very mach for your compliment to my report. And tell you a little secret: Google translator - cool thing! but of course it must also correct.

O, and мy congratulations to the acquisition of a new friend! She is beautiful!

Panda* screwed with this post 09-13-2010 at 10:46 AM
Panda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #1641
LARC0
T-MAX Rider

Oddometer: 15
Sweet Bike Psolk!

Grattis on your new ride Paul, also glad to see you out and about riding again. :) I have been slacking this season, have the "fuel problem" where it dies if parked hot, takes a while to cool then restart, but what can ya do.

I have recently Streetfightered my T-Max, it looks rather sweet I must say.

マイケル

2009 ヤマハ YAMAHA T-MAX XP500Y
ロケタ ROKETA BALI 150
スズキ SUZUKI GS450L

LARC0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #1642
YaMamma
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroller
No, not the one that comes with...it's a shorter tinted sport shield (same one as in Psolk's post) that is still OEM Yamaha but an option to the clear stock shield. You can also see it in my Avatar.

Here's a link to where I got mine:

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/M...009&Model=TMAX
Hi rcroller, here's a better working link to the tinted sport TMAX windshield https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/V...&Class=Scooter
YaMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #1643
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Oddometer: 39
ah paul you made me so jealous...
congrates on your new ride...and back on a bike...
habitual lateness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #1644
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaMamma
Hi rcroller, here's a better working link to the tinted sport TMAX windshield https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/V...&Class=Scooter
If you want a picture of the sport shield on the bike here's one of "Mr. T":

Old 09-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #1645
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
Looking great Bob, need to see a shot of the hugger :) !!

Thank You Panda, she isn't just my friend, she is my new sweetheart :) LOL, just don't let the girl I am dating see that haha... Again, great trip report probably the best I have ever seen!

Thanks Larco, 500 miles on her and I absolutely love her. She just feels like an extension of my body and if I think it she does it... Would love to see some pics of what you did!!!

Thanks Lateness!! I really appreciate all the support before the accident, during the recovery (which isn't over yet...) and now that I am back on two wheels!!!

Thanks again to everyone, looking great Bob!
-P
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #1646
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psolk
Looking great Bob, need to see a shot of the hugger :) !!

-P
Thanks, Paul. Ask and ye shall receive:
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #1647
zero war
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
problems solved.....

@ everybody.....

so i finally figured it was just my battery that was low. jump strated it with the help of my brothers audi A3.... worked like a charm.....

rode it in to my mechanic and thought since im leaving it there for a charge might as well install the Jcosta race variator as well....

3 days later.... (labor day weekend) picked stell up. they charged my battery and she was all ready to go... Stella is now super fast with that variator... (thanks louie)

few things ive noticed....
earlier the bike needed just abt 1800 rpm to start away.... now stell moves away at almost 2700 rpm.... so now fellow bikers look at me as someone who is just releasing his clutch too late..... (louie mentioned that was normal)......

another thing i hear is a soft wheezing sound till about 3500 rpm......
what the hell is that?

she's super fast now.......... but from my initial gas check weve done abt 60 miles on half a tank. that seriously worries me. maybe its just the traffic in manhattan.... anyhow i'll have to do 3-4 checks to see if it has affected mileage per gallon.

feel free to let me know if there are things i should watch out for....
smiling again everytime i open her up, next to an M5 (hahahahaha)

.....I'm not lost..... I'm just looking for the guys who drove me here!
zero war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #1648
Maddman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
my milage after jcosta install, 1st couple a tanks were as low as 40...I was gunning it always now its 47 to 52 depending on how much I use that smile power
Dual HID's Mod,Yoshi CF Exhaust,Bmc Air Filter,Axel Cover,EvoTec Tail Tidy,Blue Led Under Body Lights,H2O proof Navi Bag,Yammy Sport Sheild,Fabbri Hand Guards,Yammi Console Bag,Blue Ref Wheel Stripes,Yammi Aux socket,Euro Winkers,Battery Tender Jr,heated grips, JC Evo2-R,
CF Mirrors,corbin seat
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:16 AM   #1649
rtking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddman
my milage after jcosta install, 1st couple a tanks were as low as 40...I was gunning it always now its 47 to 52 depending on how much I use that smile power
+1

When you're done doing hole-shots and have gotten used to the variator, you'll naturally learn to dial back on twisting the throttle and mileage will return.
rtking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #1650
emc2
n00b

Oddometer: 1
TMax upgrade

A big thanks to all in the list - great advice on getting the J.Costa Variator - it made a fantastic improvement to the performance of my TMax. Given there are only maybe a dozen TMax's in NZ I am looking forward to better weather in summer and going hunting......

So any advice on what upgrade I should start saving for next ?? Power Commander and Dyno tuning ?? other ?
emc2 is offline   Reply With Quote