ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #181
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dezzie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 325
Congratulations fella, still aint got mine back from the repairers yet, next week for definate, glad your enjoying it, just wait till its run in and you get used to how much this things flys round corners, it does'nt need any advertising, the owners are all promoting it for yamaha anyways, and for the folks that thinks it doesnt go or handle, am sure my buddys in the states will let ya all now after a few weeks when they all start getting them and run in, they will tell ya, i dont lie, these can embarrass sportsbikes!
Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #182
HayHole
Adventurer
 
HayHole's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Oddometer: 43
Vin

Just checked my VIN and it's ...000042. Anyone out there with a number that's lower? Went by a local dealer yesterday and he had one sitting outside on the sidewalk. He said he's had it for ten days! Hey, guys, Minneapolis is only about 1600 hundred to either coast!
HayHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #183
budk
OleScoot
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Rio Verde, Arizona
Oddometer: 101
Break-in MPG

T Max break-in continues here.. Up to 245 mi. and ran through first tank on Friday.. Interesting with the fuel..seems that the 1/4 tank marks match up very well with 50 miles traveled.. another interesting feature..when the needle goes into the red zone and when the tank has about .79 gal left.. the trip indicator flashes a big "F" (this could mean "fool" or any other thing you can conjure up!) then starts counting the miles ..should have about 35 left! I waited to see if this feature worked, of course it did and I really think this is the last time I will ever see it.!! Tank took 3.284 gals at 174 miles.. 52.9 mpg.. I think 50 mpg is a good planning figure.

I came back and took off the handle bar fairings to see how to mount a Zumo..no problem. The bar does not adjust!! Also looked at the battery/fuses location and while in there attached a pig tail to plug in the trickle charger... worked out fine... Different fasteners than Honda..every thing is light weight..even many screws are plastic... thought I was working on an airplane.. so much aluminum..

As I learn more I'll post it up..

Congrats to HeyHole on the low vin....However, I understand that vins above 342 are much faster!!

BudK
Attached Images
 
budk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #184
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 115
More pics

Budk, keep the updates and the pics coming for those who are still waiting.

I was wondering were the battery was, keep up the good work, Joel.
Joel mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #185
Scooterboy58
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by budk
T Max break-in continues here.. Up to 245 mi. and ran through first tank on Friday.. Interesting with the fuel..seems that the 1/4 tank marks match up very well with 50 miles traveled.. another interesting feature..when the needle goes into the red zone and when the tank has about .79 gal left.. the trip indicator flashes a big "F" (this could mean "fool" or any other thing you can conjure up!) then starts counting the miles ..should have about 35 left! I waited to see if this feature worked, of course it did and I really think this is the last time I will ever see it.!! Tank took 3.284 gals at 174 miles.. 52.9 mpg.. I think 50 mpg is a good planning figure.

I came back and took off the handle bar fairings to see how to mount a Zumo..no problem. The bar does not adjust!! Also looked at the battery/fuses location and while in there attached a pig tail to plug in the trickle charger... worked out fine... Different fasteners than Honda..every thing is light weight..even many screws are plastic... thought I was working on an airplane.. so much aluminum..

As I learn more I'll post it up..

Congrats to HeyHole on the low vin....However, I understand that vins above 342 are much faster!!

BudK
Nice work :) 52 mpg I can live with that Plus it will get better when the break in is done. Still waiting on 2 things in Florida. A. Fay and B. my Tmax You still had 3/4 of a gallon left that will get you over 200 miles on the tank if you are willing to risk running out of fuel. I took a little 1/2 gallon plastic gas can once on my Majesty and used it when i started sputtering. That has a 3.7 Gallon tank on it and I can make it over 200 on it if I want to. I always fill up around 170-190 depending on where I am at. Anyway 5 over the rated MPG is about what my Majesty did when new it is 7-9 better now. BTW nice picture too....
Scooterboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #186
jmskazoo
Adventurer
 
jmskazoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Oddometer: 11
I finally got my TMax after a 6-week wait. Here are my first day impressions of the bike. My previous experience with Maxi-Scooters was with an 04 Honda Silverwing. So I will make may comparisons to the Wing. I don’t know if the 04 is representative of the current model Wing but I would think it’s close since the bike has not gone through major revisions.
I commute with my bike … choosing to ride only when weather cooperates. In Michigan that means only summer months and preferably not when it’s raining.
So with that a backdrop here are my …

DAY 1 RIDING IMPRESSIONS

Overall looks
The photos don’t do it justice. A designer’s eye is definitely evident here. Curves are graceful and the center hump section is nicely proportioned. The use of glossy and matt plastics is really a nice detail. We’ll see how long we can keep them looking new. But this is a nice looking bike.
I am glad I got the Cadmium Yellow. This color screams style when paired against the black gloss treatments. I saw a blue one in the showroom when I picked up mine. The blue simply did not standout and looked commonplace to my eye. The TMax was next to two Honda Silverwings and looked pretty average. The Wings are slightly more massive and look like more bike. The Blue definitely is a conservative approach.
I like the detailing found throughout the TMax. The metal floorboard inserts, the use of texture and high gloss non texture surfaces. Materials are high quality and assembly and fit and fish looked great to me. I am in the design business and pay attention to such things. Others may not. In sum, it is a very well executed design and an eye catcher … at least in Cad Yellow.

The TMax, even in blue, definitely outshines the 04 Wing which in my estimation was pretty ho-hum. I noticed the 08 Wings were more detailed and looked more luxurious compared to my old bike, however.
By comparison the TMax does not speak luxury, rather, it says sport – again that effect is dramatized by the Cad Yellow and less obvious in blue. Scale, design and color all add to that effect. Where the Swing seems big, the TMax seems sleek. I would guess that the effect would be even greater compared to a 650 Burg. None were in the showroom when I picked up my TMax.

All of these observations were made in a moderately lit dealer showroom on a cloudy/gloomy day. So take that for what it’s worth.

Seating Position
I am about 5-11 so take that into consideration. I was afraid the driver area would feel cramped and my knees would be at my throat based on some pictures I’ve seen and some comment made by others. No so. I found the room to be more than adequate. I found the floorboards to be very comfortable with the feet straight down. I tried the forward leg position but have not spent much time riding this way. My initial feeling is that the handlebars are pretty far forward and forward leg position might be interesting. We’ll see.

The seat is comfortable for short rides … I haven’t taken a long one yet. It is far more comfortable than the 04 SWing. Contours and seat cush are much better.
Definitely I am on the balls of my feet when at a stop. My inseam is 30-31, pretty average. I don’t feel uncomfortable, but a shorter driver might.

Windshield and Dash
At my height I look over the windshield … by a large amount. Helmet buffeting and wind noise are noticeable. I can lean forward to duck behind the shield and both drop significantly. I was wearing a ¾ helmet with full faceshield. I also have a full helmet and will try that next to see if these effects change. Air flow in the drivers area is acceptable. Temps today are in the mid 60’s this morning and expected to be mid-eighties this afternoon. I plan of adding the Yamaha air deflectors later. (I have more info and comments on accessories later.) I added them to my SWing and like them a lot … adding noticeable deflection of air around the upper leg and butt area—appreciated on cool mornings. So far the TMax does not have the same issues with air flow control. But I need more time riding to evaluate that fully.

The dash is extremely well done. Gauges are well designed and easy to read. Almost all are analog except the tach. The overall impression is high quality and great design (there’s that word again). The dash looks like it could be at home on any sport or touring bike.

Interestingly, the parking break is a flip lever on the left handgrip. Much better position than on my Swing where it was mounted lower and on the right as I recollect. I use the parking brake when entering my city parking garage and fishing for my electronic control card in pocket to open the gate. It sure beats holding the brakes levers.

Performance and Handling
The TMax seems to be a well balanced ride. I am not an expert rider nor was a brought up on sport bikes. In fact my riding experience had a 25-year break between the time I got my MSG and certification and I got my Swing. It’s been two years since my Swing. So I am not one to push hard, but I drive sports cars and I like turns a lot.

In my humble estimation, the TMax feels like a predictable ride. Handling was light and what I think some call “flickable”. Throttle was light too in my estimation. It responded with minimal lag from throttle to rear wheel.
I noticed the engine braking is much smoother than my Swing. The swing had a bad habit of releasing jut before coming to a stop. This was most noticeable when decelerating slowly in anticipation of a light about to change from red to greeh. Ths Swing would just “let go” at about 2-3 mp. He TMax is smooth and I could detect no release of the engine braking under similar situations. Engine braking when entering a turn at speed seemed fine, a bit lighter than my Swing as I remember it. But easy to get used to.

Overall Impressions
In a word… great!!! I washed a waxed it this AM and began to notice the engineering details. The frame, brake and drive components are substantial, if not massive in some respects. The “Tupperware” is light and flexible. It is segmented into sections and seems easy to remove. In fact the owners manuals shows how to remove some of them. This is a well designed and styled bike overall.

I discovered while washing the bike this AM that both the mirrors and the turn signal stalks are on spring mounts so they flex if hit hard.
On the subject of the mirrors, they are excellent. No vibration. Great positioning for full visibility… on both sides and at a very useful height. Kudos. Way better than the Swing which were too close to the driver’s body. In fact they sell extensions for Swing mirrors so you can see something other than yourself.

Also the center stand is soooo much easier to use than the Swing. I often had to 2-3 attempts to hoist the Swing onto its center stand. The TMax is reliably once, and with far less strain.

Storage
I am really impressed here. I ride to work often and carry my laptop, files, parts and gizmos in a backpack. I started this when I had the Swing since my soft leather briefcase could not fit in the Swing underseat storage. Unfortunately I found the backpack did not fit in the Swing either, but I carried it on my back. Problem solved.

When ordering the TMax I ordered the rear storage case, plate and bracket (More on this later). Welcome come to find out that my backpack fits nicely in the TMax under seat compartment. The compartment overall is not bigger than the Swing, but more useful for my purposes. It is deeper but shorter. I will post some snaps to show you the compartment.
Front storage consists of two glove box-like compartments, nether lock. This is one area when the TMax falls short. The doors to both compartments are on rubber I think. This makes then feel flimsy since they wiggle a lot when opened. At least one should be locking. How much could that cost? And the left compartment has a place for a 12 volt outlet, but none was installed or Even available in the US as an option. Come on! I’ll get one from overseas or my auto parts supplier.

Helmet storage is available in the under seat compartment or Yamaha supplies a cable that can attaché the helmet to an underseat stud and is safely stored outside the bike when the seat is closed. It took me reading the manual (yeesh!) to find how it works; but it does.

Accessories
OK here’s the big disappointment for me. I ordered the rear storage case, plate and bracket … about $500 in all. In the first place, I found I really didn’t need these once I discovered my backpack fit below the seat. But having these extra storage items never hurts right? However, the quality of the bracket and case were disappointing, especially the case. The case is flimsy and I can not get mine to reliably latch or stay latched. If you’re going to get one, maybe go Givi? I am sure without even seeing a Givi that they are better. Yamaha’s is not up to the standard on the rest of the bike.

The bracket is not made to the same standard as the handgrips they replace. The passenger handgrips are cast sculptures … smooth, shaped and sleek … quite a nice design. The bracket that replaces it on the other hand is round stock with flanges and ears welded on. The welds are OK but nothing special. They really look one step above home-shop. It is utilitarian and that’s it. And the design says so. Also the dealer needed to drill into the rear section to mount a center bolt. Yikes why didn’t Yamaha think of that?? IMHO, the rear storage system is really an after thought and not up to the standard set by the TMax itself. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought this and recommend you see one before you decide if you will or not.

The mounting plate says Monolock System so I think it could be a Givi … not sure, since it does not say Givi. If it is I will get a Givi box to replace the Yamaha junk. I did use the plate and bracket to haul home a camera in a Pelican case, last night so I guess I didn’t make a wrong decisions just an expensive one. I just hope the Givi case fits the plate.

Exhaust Note
The only other area I feel is a little weak is the exhaust note. First, it is way better than the Swing! Way better! But it seems “buzzy” to my ears at low speeds and RPM. At higher RPM it begins to become a growl. I just think a third-party exhaust would sound much throatier.

OK folks, that’s it for now. If you’re thinking of buying one, you wont be disappointed in my opinion. No it’s not as large or has as many CC’s as a 650 Burg, but I think it’s much more balanced and has far better looks.
It beats the Swing in style, performance, handling and overall design. Other than a Gillera Nexus or 800 (not available in the US), I can’t think of a scoot I’d want more.




I'll post picts to support the observations I mentioned.
jmskazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #187
Scooterboy58
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskazoo
I finally got my TMax after a 6-week wait. Here are my first day impressions of the bike. My previous experience with Maxi-Scooters was with an 04 Honda Silverwing. So I will make may comparisons to the Wing. I don’t know if the 04 is representative of the current model Wing but I would think it’s close since the bike has not gone through major revisions.
I commute with my bike … choosing to ride only when weather cooperates. In Michigan that means only summer months and preferably not when it’s raining.
So with that a backdrop here are my …

DAY 1 RIDING IMPRESSIONS

Overall looks
The photos don’t do it justice. A designer’s eye is definitely evident here. Curves are graceful and the center hump section is nicely proportioned. The use of glossy and matt plastics is really a nice detail. We’ll see how long we can keep them looking new. But this is a nice looking bike.
I am glad I got the Cadmium Yellow. This color screams style when paired against the black gloss treatments. I saw a blue one in the showroom when I picked up mine. The blue simply did not standout and looked commonplace to my eye. The TMax was next to two Honda Silverwings and looked pretty average. The Wings are slightly more massive and look like more bike. The Blue definitely is a conservative approach.
I like the detailing found throughout the TMax. The metal floorboard inserts, the use of texture and high gloss non texture surfaces. Materials are high quality and assembly and fit and fish looked great to me. I am in the design business and pay attention to such things. Others may not. In sum, it is a very well executed design and an eye catcher … at least in Cad Yellow.

The TMax, even in blue, definitely outshines the 04 Wing which in my estimation was pretty ho-hum. I noticed the 08 Wings were more detailed and looked more luxurious compared to my old bike, however.
By comparison the TMax does not speak luxury, rather, it says sport – again that effect is dramatized by the Cad Yellow and less obvious in blue. Scale, design and color all add to that effect. Where the Swing seems big, the TMax seems sleek. I would guess that the effect would be even greater compared to a 650 Burg. None were in the showroom when I picked up my TMax.

All of these observations were made in a moderately lit dealer showroom on a cloudy/gloomy day. So take that for what it’s worth.

Seating Position
I am about 5-11 so take that into consideration. I was afraid the driver area would feel cramped and my knees would be at my throat based on some pictures I’ve seen and some comment made by others. No so. I found the room to be more than adequate. I found the floorboards to be very comfortable with the feet straight down. I tried the forward leg position but have not spent much time riding this way. My initial feeling is that the handlebars are pretty far forward and forward leg position might be interesting. We’ll see.

The seat is comfortable for short rides … I haven’t taken a long one yet. It is far more comfortable than the 04 SWing. Contours and seat cush are much better.
Definitely I am on the balls of my feet when at a stop. My inseam is 30-31, pretty average. I don’t feel uncomfortable, but a shorter driver might.

Windshield and Dash
At my height I look over the windshield … by a large amount. Helmet buffeting and wind noise are noticeable. I can lean forward to duck behind the shield and both drop significantly. I was wearing a ¾ helmet with full faceshield. I also have a full helmet and will try that next to see if these effects change. Air flow in the drivers area is acceptable. Temps today are in the mid 60’s this morning and expected to be mid-eighties this afternoon. I plan of adding the Yamaha air deflectors later. (I have more info and comments on accessories later.) I added them to my SWing and like them a lot … adding noticeable deflection of air around the upper leg and butt area—appreciated on cool mornings. So far the TMax does not have the same issues with air flow control. But I need more time riding to evaluate that fully.

The dash is extremely well done. Gauges are well designed and easy to read. Almost all are analog except the tach. The overall impression is high quality and great design (there’s that word again). The dash looks like it could be at home on any sport or touring bike.

Interestingly, the parking break is a flip lever on the left handgrip. Much better position than on my Swing where it was mounted lower and on the right as I recollect. I use the parking brake when entering my city parking garage and fishing for my electronic control card in pocket to open the gate. It sure beats holding the brakes levers.

Performance and Handling
The TMax seems to be a well balanced ride. I am not an expert rider nor was a brought up on sport bikes. In fact my riding experience had a 25-year break between the time I got my MSG and certification and I got my Swing. It’s been two years since my Swing. So I am not one to push hard, but I drive sports cars and I like turns a lot.

In my humble estimation, the TMax feels like a predictable ride. Handling was light and what I think some call “flickable”. Throttle was light too in my estimation. It responded with minimal lag from throttle to rear wheel.
I noticed the engine braking is much smoother than my Swing. The swing had a bad habit of releasing jut before coming to a stop. This was most noticeable when decelerating slowly in anticipation of a light about to change from red to greeh. Ths Swing would just “let go” at about 2-3 mp. He TMax is smooth and I could detect no release of the engine braking under similar situations. Engine braking when entering a turn at speed seemed fine, a bit lighter than my Swing as I remember it. But easy to get used to.

Overall Impressions
In a word… great!!! I washed a waxed it this AM and began to notice the engineering details. The frame, brake and drive components are substantial, if not massive in some respects. The “Tupperware” is light and flexible. It is segmented into sections and seems easy to remove. In fact the owners manuals shows how to remove some of them. This is a well designed and styled bike overall.

I discovered while washing the bike this AM that both the mirrors and the turn signal stalks are on spring mounts so they flex if hit hard.
On the subject of the mirrors, they are excellent. No vibration. Great positioning for full visibility… on both sides and at a very useful height. Kudos. Way better than the Swing which were too close to the driver’s body. In fact they sell extensions for Swing mirrors so you can see something other than yourself.

Also the center stand is soooo much easier to use than the Swing. I often had to 2-3 attempts to hoist the Swing onto its center stand. The TMax is reliably once, and with far less strain.

Storage
I am really impressed here. I ride to work often and carry my laptop, files, parts and gizmos in a backpack. I started this when I had the Swing since my soft leather briefcase could not fit in the Swing underseat storage. Unfortunately I found the backpack did not fit in the Swing either, but I carried it on my back. Problem solved.

When ordering the TMax I ordered the rear storage case, plate and bracket (More on this later). Welcome come to find out that my backpack fits nicely in the TMax under seat compartment. The compartment overall is not bigger than the Swing, but more useful for my purposes. It is deeper but shorter. I will post some snaps to show you the compartment.
Front storage consists of two glove box-like compartments, nether lock. This is one area when the TMax falls short. The doors to both compartments are on rubber I think. This makes then feel flimsy since they wiggle a lot when opened. At least one should be locking. How much could that cost? And the left compartment has a place for a 12 volt outlet, but none was installed or Even available in the US as an option. Come on! I’ll get one from overseas or my auto parts supplier.

Helmet storage is available in the under seat compartment or Yamaha supplies a cable that can attaché the helmet to an underseat stud and is safely stored outside the bike when the seat is closed. It took me reading the manual (yeesh!) to find how it works; but it does.

Accessories
OK here’s the big disappointment for me. I ordered the rear storage case, plate and bracket … about $500 in all. In the first place, I found I really didn’t need these once I discovered my backpack fit below the seat. But having these extra storage items never hurts right? However, the quality of the bracket and case were disappointing, especially the case. The case is flimsy and I can not get mine to reliably latch or stay latched. If you’re going to get one, maybe go Givi? I am sure without even seeing a Givi that they are better. Yamaha’s is not up to the standard on the rest of the bike.

The bracket is not made to the same standard as the handgrips they replace. The passenger handgrips are cast sculptures … smooth, shaped and sleek … quite a nice design. The bracket that replaces it on the other hand is round stock with flanges and ears welded on. The welds are OK but nothing special. They really look one step above home-shop. It is utilitarian and that’s it. And the design says so. Also the dealer needed to drill into the rear section to mount a center bolt. Yikes why didn’t Yamaha think of that?? IMHO, the rear storage system is really an after thought and not up to the standard set by the TMax itself. If I had it to do over, I would not have bought this and recommend you see one before you decide if you will or not.

The mounting plate says Monolock System so I think it could be a Givi … not sure, since it does not say Givi. If it is I will get a Givi box to replace the Yamaha junk. I did use the plate and bracket to haul home a camera in a Pelican case, last night so I guess I didn’t make a wrong decisions just an expensive one. I just hope the Givi case fits the plate.

Exhaust Note
The only other area I feel is a little weak is the exhaust note. First, it is way better than the Swing! Way better! But it seems “buzzy” to my ears at low speeds and RPM. At higher RPM it begins to become a growl. I just think a third-party exhaust would sound much throatier.

OK folks, that’s it for now. If you’re thinking of buying one, you wont be disappointed in my opinion. No it’s not as large or has as many CC’s as a 650 Burg, but I think it’s much more balanced and has far better looks.
It beats the Swing in style, performance, handling and overall design. Other than a Gillera Nexus or 800 (not available in the US), I can’t think of a scoot I’d want more.




I'll post picts to support the observations I mentioned.

Hi John in Michigan

No TMax in Florida for me yet. Dagadget from Tmax Yahoo sends. The review is great here just like in the Yahoo group.

David
Scooterboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #188
budk
OleScoot
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Rio Verde, Arizona
Oddometer: 101
Concur!

[quote=jmskazoo]I finally got my TMax after a 6-week wait. Here are my first day impressions of the bike.

So, congrats JMS and I agree completely with the observations in your fine review..

After deciding that I needed to move up from the wonderful Reflex, I looked at S'wings and Burgman 650..to include the Piaggio X9... Thank goodness I waited for the T!!! I have ridden the other scoots and though they are fine products, I find the T meets my requirements for sport/touring to a "T"..
(excuse that!)

I'm just at 340 miles and did a nice ride this AM.. some additional fuel info:

The 50miles per each 1/4 tank is holding up! I refueled (MUCH
> easier/faster than Flex.. has a floor at bottom of intake that the
> nozzle just fits...you can fill at full blast for first gal or so,
> then ease the last bits in with out a spill!..cap is keyed and does
> not turn..line up marks,push down, remove key, secured!) This last
> 154 miles took 2.775 gals.. 55 mpg.. a little better..loosening
> up! I will schedule 600 check for late this week or early next...
>
I am also 5'11" and I can just flat foot it at a stop.. Just makes you more aware to make smooth stops!!1

Keep us informed!

BudK
.
budk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #189
Scooterboy58
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Oddometer: 77
[quote=budk]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskazoo
I finally got my TMax after a 6-week wait. Here are my first day impressions of the bike.

So, congrats JMS and I agree completely with the observations in your fine review..

After deciding that I needed to move up from the wonderful Reflex, I looked at S'wings and Burgman 650..to include the Piaggio X9... Thank goodness I waited for the T!!! I have ridden the other scoots and though they are fine products, I find the T meets my requirements for sport/touring to a "T"..
(excuse that!)

I'm just at 340 miles and did a nice ride this AM.. some additional fuel info:

The 50miles per each 1/4 tank is holding up! I refueled (MUCH
> easier/faster than Flex.. has a floor at bottom of intake that the
> nozzle just fits...you can fill at full blast for first gal or so,
> then ease the last bits in with out a spill!..cap is keyed and does
> not turn..line up marks,push down, remove key, secured!) This last
> 154 miles took 2.775 gals.. 55 mpg.. a little better..loosening
> up! I will schedule 600 check for late this week or early next...
>
I am also 5'11" and I can just flat foot it at a stop.. Just makes you more aware to make smooth stops!!1

Keep us informed!

BudK
.

Awesome

Susan from Yamaha USA called me back on my request to see why Florida does not have T Max yet. I was given a list of places with Tmax available. Miami, Jacksonville, Cleawater, Orlando and Daytona, Davie also. The closest is 75 miles away and that is getting reasonable. My dealer is 25 and should get mine in after Fay leaves the area....... I hate a Hurricane and a tropical storm. 3 in 2004 was enough and here we go again.....
Scooterboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #190
budk
OleScoot
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Rio Verde, Arizona
Oddometer: 101
Worth a fight!

Keep after 'em ScooterBoy...
Good luck with Fay..
BudK
budk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #191
vales1
Adventurer
 
vales1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 34
Jmskazoo, Budk : EXCELLENT REVIEWS!!! Please keep em coming! I never get tired of reading them! ... though im a lil hurt whenever a S'wing comparo is mentioned.. LOL - don't mind me, i'm just jealous

Budk, what's your speed when you're hitting 5k rpm? What's your average speed during the break in period? I can't help but think that the better than advertised mpg is bec. of lower speeds, living in southern cali, I can't help but keep up with the flow of traffic which is around 70 - 80 ( when it's actually "flowing" that is ).

Jmskazoo, have you found a vendor for the leg shields? If I remember right, there a site called doble motorcycles, they're in the UK but they're more than willing to ship any part or accessory. I got my leg shields from them and it only took about a week for delivery.
vales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #192
vales1
Adventurer
 
vales1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 34
Well i looked at the doble motorcycle site and it seems they only cater to Hondas. Anyway, here's a performance upgrade I found for the TMax



G.P.R "Power Jet Energy" Commander increases the engine power, especialy at low and mid RPM. Improves throttle response/acceleration.

I was going to post the power commander but it seems they haven't mapped it for the 09 model.
vales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #193
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dezzie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 325
oh guys, dont waste your money on this stuff, its only worth it if ya really going to tune the engine, it runs perfect as standard, keep ya money for something more worthwhile, a good exhaust and a variator is all you will ever need for gains, its just a waste of money otherwise, keep it for farkling (within taste of course)!
Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #194
vales1
Adventurer
 
vales1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzie
oh guys, dont waste your money on this stuff, its only worth it if ya really going to tune the engine, it runs perfect as standard, keep ya money for something more worthwhile, a good exhaust and a variator is all you will ever need for gains, its just a waste of money otherwise, keep it for farkling (within taste of course)!
HEH HEH, But what If I wanna do this??




Sorry Dezzie, I just had to snag your pic.. you just provided the perfect segue to show it

Totally agree with you, an upgraded variator alone is probably more than enough for this Maxi... which brings me to introduce



The J. Costa Variator, ..."increase and improve the performance of your maxi-scooter. You'll achieve better acceleration, greater gas mileage..."

If you don't wanna stop there, there's also:



The Leo Vince high performance exhaust system. But of course, the look wouldn't be complete without....



A matching Leo Vince Carbon Fiber exhaust cover!

.. or how about upgrading to a sporty look
Heh heh, for the previous sportbike owner who just have to feel that blast of wind.

.. and finally, when those tires wear out..

Michelin Pilot Sport 120/70-15 - Front and 160/60-15 - Rear

designed for large-displacement scooters. The tire's profile promotes aggressive cornering and offers excellent handling on any type of road.
vales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:48 AM   #195
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dezzie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 325
I look like that on the standard bike, we have things called roundabouts in the UK, lol, i get nigh on this angle most of the time, its only a fear of going beyond my self imposed boundries i dont, besides, i think the centre stand is removed from these race tmax's! Glad you love the pic, its one of my faves!

In europe the 12 weight polini variator is getting really good reviews, check the european forums, i am on a site called maxi-muppets.co.uk, its a fun place, no one takes things too seriously but if you join, please go to the introduce yourself forum first or feel the wrath of the muppets, all big softys really, lol!

P.S. The standard bridgestone tires are excellent and unless a dual compound tire comes out i wont upgrade to anything else!
Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014