http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFmq1gwm1U
Hardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #2042
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Local dealer said it'll be a "T-max 550", so 530cc is probably possible and accurate.

Why bother ?

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #2043
piedevant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
More power, less weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post
Why bother ?

TheReaper!
Well....it's lighter, more torquey and more powerful, especially at the rear wheel, since the new toothed belt is supposed to allow an extra 5bhp to get to the ground.
On the other hand, both the new BMWs are 647cc and have a claimed 60bhp, and the Aprlia SRV 850 has 75bhp......
I was at the presentations of all 4 machines in Milan on Monday and Tuesday and had a sit on all of them except the Aprilia.

Maybe this thread should now be re-named 'Mk4 2011 Tmax 500' OR, it should end here with a link to a new thread, such as the one already started entitled "New Tmax unveiled"
PNB
piedevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #2044
HayHole
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Usa

Will the new model 550 be imported to the US?
HayHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #2045
linusje
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
update on my tmax (techmax) 2011 :

linusje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #2046
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Lookin good...especially the Carbon Fiber!
2009 Yamaha T-Max, Yam Sport Shield, EU Winkers, CF Yoshi Exhaust, Tail Tidy, Hugger, Dr Pulleys, CF Mirrors, CF Boomerangs, CF Tranny Covers, CF Bar Ends, Yam Decals, Braided Brake Lines, 300mm Wave Discs, Axel Cover, Footpegs, Fork Sliders
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #2047
tungkee
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Just picked up a 2009 blue Tmax with less than 30 miles on it for 3500 out the door. It was in a dealership that burned down and had nothing but smoke damage to it. It was a few states out so I had to get the scoot shipped to my location in California (just a few hundred bucks). I still have to get the bike inspected by the CHP salvage registration people but I've been riding it with a temp reg for a few days now and love it. My other bikes include:

Honda Ruckus with a Yamaha BWS100 2T motor swap:

and a Yamaha Zuma 125 (sorry no pics of the full bike yet)

Yamaha just knows how to make dope bikes!! I'll be doing some light asthetic mods to the bike and maybe the J Costa Vario. Hope to show you guys some progress soon.

BTW, does anyone have a link to the Tmax service manual? Scootertime doesn't seem to have it anymore. Thanks!
tungkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #2048
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by tungkee View Post
BTW, does anyone have a link to the Tmax service manual? Scootertime doesn't seem to have it anymore. Thanks!
tungkee: Send me a PM with your email address and I'll help you out.
2009 Yamaha T-Max, Yam Sport Shield, EU Winkers, CF Yoshi Exhaust, Tail Tidy, Hugger, Dr Pulleys, CF Mirrors, CF Boomerangs, CF Tranny Covers, CF Bar Ends, Yam Decals, Braided Brake Lines, 300mm Wave Discs, Axel Cover, Footpegs, Fork Sliders
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #2049
piedevant
Adventurer

Mk4 Tmaxes Agogo in Hollywood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayHole View Post
Will the new model 550 be imported to the US?
I think it's got to be a pretty good bet that the new machine will be imported to the USA since the world launch of the machine is under way even as I type in beautiful downtown Hollywood.
I'll be able to tell y'all what it's like to ride in a couple of days' time.
In the meantime, I have posted another photo of the new machine, as displayed at the NEC Birmingham, England motorcycle show last week, alongside the current Mk3 model. Here:
http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/113
I have to say that I thought the 'blinged up' Special Max looks pretty good with its shiny wheels. The price of 8,549 ain't so great though; that's about $12,500 of your yankee dollars!
I've also uploaded a couple more shots of the two new BMW maxiscoots at the same event here:
http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/130
PNBinLA
Old 12-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #2050
piedevant
Adventurer

[QUOTE=piedevant;17418369]I think it's got to be a pretty good bet that the new machine will be imported to the USA since the world launch of the machine is under way even as I type in beautiful downtown Hollywood."

Hi all,
Had a fantastic day riding the new Tmax from Hollywood to Malibu via Sunset and the coast, and back via the super-twisty Mulholland Highway and the Rock Store. The bike is as good as Yamaha claim in pretty much every respect. The balance and handling is fantastic, and it's definitely got more mojo for pulling up hills and fast overtakes. The screen and wind protection is much improved too. That's the good news.
The bad news is that the geniuses in charge of Yamaha USA apparently have not yet decided whether or not to import the new machine, so they took no part in the launch and didn't invite any US journalists! Incredible! I've posted a photo of me on Mulholland here: http://www.bikeweb.com/node/2402
The CHP very kindly closed a short section of the road so that we could get good pix like these. If any of y'all are in the area, there'll be another bunch of journos riding the same route today (Sunday, Dec 4th).
Old 12-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #2051
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedevant View Post
I think it's got to be a pretty good bet that the new machine will be imported to the USA since the world launch of the machine is under way even as I type in beautiful downtown Hollywood.
I'll be able to tell y'all what it's like to ride in a couple of days' time.
In the meantime, I have posted another photo of the new machine, as displayed at the NEC Birmingham, England motorcycle show last week, alongside the current Mk3 model. Here:
http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/113
I have to say that I thought the 'blinged up' Special Max looks pretty good with its shiny wheels. The price of 8,549 ain't so great though; that's about $12,500 of your yankee dollars!
I've also uploaded a couple more shots of the two new BMW maxiscoots at the same event here:
http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/130
PNBinLA
Exactly 2 years ago next month I bought my new 2009 yellow Tmax for $6,450 U.S. out the door . That is about half what you Europeans pay for one . I think retail here was like $9,000 at he time I bought mine , but since the dealer couldn't sell it , they sold it to me at a loss . Personally I feel like I paid a reasonable price for my T , and while I really like it I wouldn't pay any more for it . According to my dealer at the time I was their only Tmax sale ,and I have yet to see another one here in my area . Motorcycles have a 99% share here , scooters big or small just don't sell here . Dealers here look at scooters as some thing foreign , even the mechanics hate them . They mechanics say they lose money on them , because they take more time than the book gives them . So the bottom line is this , they can bring all the scooters here they want , but they aren't going to sell them . The U.S. just isn't ready for scooters , especially a $12,500 scooter . The only growing interest I see here in scooters is , from geezers like me who are just sick of all that shifting . Even at that price is still a big consideration .

TheReaper!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #2052
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,751
Quote:
Exactly 2 years ago next month I bought my new 2009 yellow Tmax for $6,450 U.S. out the door . That is about half what you Europeans pay for one .
Umm, excuse me, the 2011 Tmax in Croatia is about $16000 at the moment,
give or take $1k for discounts, ABS etc.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #2053
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Umm, excuse me, the 2011 Tmax in Croatia is about $16000 at the moment,
give or take $1k for discounts, ABS etc.
With an average net income of about $1,000 a month in your country , my best guess is they are not selling a lot of Tmax scooters in Croatia ?

TheReaper!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #2054
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,751
Quote:
With an average net income of about $1,000 a month in your country , my best guess is they are not selling a lot of Tmax scooters in Croatia ?

TheReaper!
You'd be shocked how many are sold, more then ANY 500-750cc motorcylces!
As the most expensive scooter available, it's an obvious choice for people
who want to show how much $$ they got, so there's a lot of non-motorcycle
folks who buy it, just for sunday coffee run.

The damn thing costs as much as 2 of my 650cc Kawasakis, OR a Bandit 1250 + a good 250-300cc scooter!

I'd still love to own one though.. but I'm more of a Burgman 650 type (which
costs $1-2k less).

Current rumors say the BMW's 600 sport scoot will cost LESS then the
T-max!

We'll just have to wait and see.

As for $1k income.. I know just a few people that make that much money.
Anyone with $600+ consider themselves lucky.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #2055
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
You'd be shocked how many are sold, more then ANY 500-750cc motorcylces!
As the most expensive scooter available, it's an obvious choice for people
who want to show how much $$ they got, so there's a lot of non-motorcycle
folks who buy it, just for sunday coffee run.

The damn thing costs as much as 2 of my 650cc Kawasakis, OR a Bandit 1250 + a good 250-300cc scooter!

I'd still love to own one though.. but I'm more of a Burgman 650 type (which
costs $1-2k less).

Current rumors say the BMW's 600 sport scoot will cost LESS then the
T-max!

We'll just have to wait and see.

As for $1k income.. I know just a few people that make that much money.
Anyone with $600+ consider themselves lucky.
WOW ! That's gotta suck , no wonder we've had so many Eastern Europeans immigrate to the U.S. .
With a tax structure like that you must have a thriving black market ?

TheReaper!