UPDATE : carbon covers headlight and indicators
led back light

linusje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #2072
web037
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Love the TMAX

I had the pleasure of test riding one of these at the Bay Area MC show last month. These are awesome bikes. Really a sport bike in scooter clothing.
web037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #2073
piedevant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Mk3 vs new Mk4 Tmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by web037 View Post
I had the pleasure of test riding one of these at the Bay Area MC show last month. These are awesome bikes. Really a sport bike in scooter clothing.
If you think the Mk3 is good, you should try the new lighter, sportier, torquier Mk4! Compare and contrast the pix here: http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/113
What a shame that Yamaha USA have decided not to import it!
PNB
piedevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #2074
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by web037 View Post
These are awesome bikes. Really a sport bike in scooter clothing.
Excellent, spot-on description. I love my T-max.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #2075
Capt Slow
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I've got a Tmax

Howdy all
Just like to say hello having just jumped across from ADVrider Parallel Universe-- owning an F800GS.
Always, well nearly always owned a maxi scooter since 1999 and have now just purchased a MkIII Tmax.
Off to read the other 138 pages now
Cheers
Tim
Capt Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #2076
clava
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Tmax for sale

I have a 2009 Black & Yellow Tmax with 13,932 miles. New Shinko rear tire at 12,774 miles. New fuel pump at 12,333. Always garage kept. Looks like new!
50-55 MPG.
Top speed of 100 MPH.
$5200.00 cash only.
Western Ky
270 227 2241

clava screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 11:49 AM Reason: Mistake in ad
clava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #2077
Twisted Martini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Congrats Tim, and welcome to this particular wing of the asylum. You'll love your TMAX!
Twisted Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #2078
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Givi Tall Touring Windshield

Just posted a Givi Tall Windshield on ebay if anyone is interested.
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #2079
mrnoitall
Banned

Oddometer: 146
I've owned a bunch of scooters and recently sat on the Tmax at the dealer . I felt that the tmax had the same issue (for me) as all of my scooters....a seating position that puts your legs out front which naturally puts your back in a position that begs for a backrest.

. It was also smaller than I imagined,, the ergonomics kind of scrunches you up a bit. I had a Yamaha Morphous 250 scooter, an awesome vehicle but at only 5'9" I felt a cramped on it. It's all relative though, my Honda helix has a lot more room and I never felt cramped on it but lately i've been riding a ninja 250 and the feet forward design of scooters is losing it's appeal for me. I feel more natural on a motorcycle but that wouldn't stop me from trying the Tmax or another scooter in the future. I just wish someone would design a scooter with motorcycle ergonomics as opposed to a motorcycle with a CVT.
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #2080
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clava View Post
$5200.00 cash only.
Western Ky
270 227 2241
What's crazy is that there are New Tmax's on cycletrader for $5500. I bid $5050 on a new one on ebay a few months ago. I did'nt win it but the dealer contacted me afterwards and said I could have it for my bid of $5050 plus a $150 doc fee. The dealer ran the financing but I waited too long to get back the them. By the time I called, he said it was sold.

I was also offered a brand new tmax for $5400 no fees about a year ago. I did'nt buy it at the time but posted a link at Majestyusa because it was such a great price.. Someone ended up buying it from the forums and sent me a nice thank you message.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #2081
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoitall View Post
What's crazy is that there are New Tmax's on cycletrader for $5500. I bid $5050 on a new one on ebay a few months ago. I did'nt win it but the dealer contacted me afterwards and said I could have it for my bid of $5050 plus a $150 doc fee. The dealer ran the financing but I waited too long to get back the them. By the time I called, he said it was sold.

I was also offered a brand new tmax for $5400 no fees about a year ago. I did'nt buy it at the time but posted a link at Majestyusa because it was such a great price.. Someone ended up buying it from the forums and sent me a nice thank you message.
Yeah ! right now it's a buyer's market here in the U.S. on just about all bikes . For what ever reason mega scooters , or scooters in general never took off here in the U.S. like they have in Europe or Asia . Which is good for buyers here in the U.S. , but for the sellers ? NOT SO MUCH . With the market the way it is , and it is what it is , the Kentucky tmax should sell for about $3,500 to $3,800 depending on condition . I feel for the guys who ponied up 9K for theirs , but I got mine for 6K brand new so I'm happy . You really have to feel for the poor guys who bought a Honda DN-01 for 18K out the door , because dealers are selling them for 8K now . It is what it is , ya win some and ya lose some .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #2082
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post
You really have to feel for the poor guys who bought a Honda DN-01 for 18K out the door , because dealers are selling them for 8K now .

TheReaper!
Yea... the problem is even at $8000 you'll likely still lose lots of money if you buy one and hope to sell it in a year or two. There is a video on youtube of a Tmax versus the DN-01 in a drag race. The DN-01 which is said to be a slow 680cc's ran away from the Tmax.
I actually like the looks of the DN-01 but I wish they designed it with standard motorcycle ergonomics/seating instead of feet forward scooter ergonomics. I always feel the need for back support when my feet are way out front.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 AM   #2083
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,872
Quote:
Yea... the problem is even at $8000 you'll likely still lose lots of money if you buy one and hope to sell it in a year or two. There is a video on youtube of a Tmax versus the DN-01 in a drag race. The DN-01 which is said to be a slow 680cc's ran away from the Tmax.
I actually like the looks of the DN-01 but I wish they designed it with standard motorcycle ergonomics/seating instead of feet forward scooter ergonomics. I always feel the need for back support when my feet are way out front.
Um, did you see the Integra, NC700X or NC700S?

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #2084
Twisted Martini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua1957 View Post
Just posted a Givi Tall Windshield on ebay if anyone is interested.
Thanks for the heads up, I just bought it. I need the taller shield up here in cold country. I'll probably do the dual headlight mod and put projectors on while I got the tupperware off. Have you done those?
Twisted Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #2085
piedevant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
I've owned a bunch of scooters and recently sat on the Tmax at the dealer . I felt that the tmax had the same issue (for me) as all of my scooters....a seating position that puts your legs out front which naturally puts your back in a position that begs for a backrest..
What you need, old chap, is a ComforTmax! See here:
http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/37

Quote:
. It was also smaller than I imagined,, the ergonomics kind of scrunches you up a bit. I had a Yamaha Morphous 250 scooter, an awesome vehicle but at only 5'9" I felt a cramped on it. It's all relative though, my Honda helix has a lot more room and I never felt cramped on it but lately i've been riding a ninja 250 and the feet forward design of scooters is losing it's appeal for me. I feel more natural on a motorcycle but that wouldn't stop me from trying the Tmax or another scooter in the future. I just wish someone would design a scooter with motorcycle ergonomics as opposed to a motorcycle with a CVT.
No, no! What you mean is that the manufacturers should produce proper feet first motorcycles and scooters!
FWIW, I owned 3 Helixes and 2 Burgman 400s before I bought my Burgman 650s and Tmaxes. I've never felt cramped on any on them, and I am 5'9" too. The lack of a proper backrest has never prevented me from enjoying the standard machines, but it's hard to beat the comfort of a proper car seat, as fitted to the ComforTmax and my own Genesis 650. See here:
http://www.bikeweb.com/node/1285
I am planning to 'FF' my Mk2 Tmax so that it looks more like the ComFFergMax:
http://www.bikeweb.com/image/tid/74
But in the meantime, I'm very happy to ride my standard Mk3 Tmax for 130 miles at 90-100mph, but the extra visor extension on top of the standard screen is essential. PNB
piedevant is offline   Reply With Quote