Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #2086
piedevant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Crazy Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoitall View Post
What's crazy is that there are New Tmax's on cycletrader for $5500. I bid $5050 on a new one on ebay a few months ago. I did'nt win it but the dealer contacted me afterwards and said I could have it for my bid of $5050 plus a $150 doc fee. The dealer ran the financing but I waited too long to get back the them. By the time I called, he said it was sold.
I was also offered a brand new tmax for $5400 no fees about a year ago. .
Wow. These prices probably explain why Yamaha USA decided not to import the new Mk4 Tmax, even though it was launched in LA! Its price in Europe is over 10,000 Euros and 8,700 of her majesty's sovereigns. And that's without the extra 500 for ABS.....That's about $13,000.
I recently saw a new Mk3 Tmax in a UK dealer with 1,000 ($1500) off the list price, but it was still 7,000 ($10,500)!

I have a hunch that once the new BMW 650 maxiscoots make it to North America all maxiscoot prices might pick up....
PNB
piedevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #2087
Twisted Martini
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Love the ComforTMAX, that is super cool! On an unrelated note, anyone have an extra set of euro winkers they are looking to move?
Twisted Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #2088
mrnoitall
Banned

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Um, did you see the Integra, NC700X or NC700S?
Not available here in the U.S., as far as I am aware.
mrnoitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #2089
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedevant View Post
FWIW, I owned 3 Helixes and 2 Burgman 400s before I bought my Burgman 650s and Tmaxes. I've never felt cramped on any on them, and I am 5'9" too.
But have you ridden a Yamaha Morphous (CP250, Maxam)? I never felt cramped on my Helix's either.

Quote:
The lack of a proper backrest has never prevented me from enjoying the standard machines
Yes, but the availability of aftermarket backrests suggests that everyone is not as satisfied as you are.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #2090
x50
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Back in the game

After 13 years off a bike, I have taken the plunge. After much thought and research, I decided a TMAX was the right bike for me to polish my skills on. I found a deal - 2009 TMAX near Atlanta at a dealership. $5000 for the bike. It had 287 original miles on it and still has 8 months of warranty left. The dealer threw in a $200.00 gift card that I used toward a helmet and jacket. The bike is yellow and I love it. Bone stock so it looks like the ones on the internet. No aftermarket parts yet. Don't know if I will. Handles great and easy to throw around. Love everything about it. I've beenoff the bike so long that I don't remember shifting so there has been no adjustment to that.

About me - as the handle suggests, I am retired law enforcement. Spent a couple of years as a motor cop so the skills are buried in there somewhere. Hopefully they come back soon. Feels good to be back on a bike. Last ride was on the VFR and it was totaled. I've already learned a lot reading previous posts. Lots of good info in there.

Mark
x50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #2091
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,702
Welcome to ADV Rider.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #2092
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by x50 View Post
After 13 years off a bike, I have taken the plunge. After much thought and research, I decided a TMAX was the right bike for me to polish my skills on. I found a deal - 2009 TMAX near Atlanta at a dealership. $5000 for the bike. It had 287 original miles on it and still has 8 months of warranty left. The dealer threw in a $200.00 gift card that I used toward a helmet and jacket. The bike is yellow and I love it. Bone stock so it looks like the ones on the internet. No aftermarket parts yet. Don't know if I will. Handles great and easy to throw around. Love everything about it. I've beenoff the bike so long that I don't remember shifting so there has been no adjustment to that.

About me - as the handle suggests, I am retired law enforcement. Spent a couple of years as a motor cop so the skills are buried in there somewhere. Hopefully they come back soon. Feels good to be back on a bike. Last ride was on the VFR and it was totaled. I've already learned a lot reading previous posts. Lots of good info in there.

Mark
I go back in fourth, I still don't know which I prefer. I'll ride one of my bikes and think this is fun. I like the upright standard position of a motorcycle. It feels a bit more natural but I just took a ride on my Helix today after neglecting it for a few months and thought, I really like not shifting sometimes and the overall relaxed calmness of it all..
I sat on a tmax and the ergonomics seems to scrunch me up a bit compared to a motorcycle. Can't wait to try one. Have fun!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #2093
Oldandslower
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
I go back in fourth, I still don't know which I prefer. I'll ride one of my bikes and think this is fun. I like the upright standard position of a motorcycle. It feels a bit more natural but I just took a ride on my Helix today after neglecting it for a few months and thought, I really like not shifting sometimes and the overall relaxed calmness of it all..
I sat on a tmax and the ergonomics seems to scrunch me up a bit compared to a motorcycle. Can't wait to try one. Have fun!
I've added a Corbin seat to my Tmax and one of the first things I noticed (besides being way more comfortable than the stock seat) was the Corbin seat sits lower and you sit a back farther a little. Just a little more room.
Oldandslower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #2094
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,751
Quote:
Not available here in the U.S., as far as I am aware.
It's not available anywhere yet, probably.
Just introduced at EICMA show.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #2095
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandslower View Post
I've added a Corbin seat to my Tmax and one of the first things I noticed (besides being way more comfortable than the stock seat) was the Corbin seat sits lower and you sit a back farther a little. Just a little more room.
Overall would you say it was worth it ? In other words would you do it again ? I've heard pros and cons .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #2096
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

gettin cheaper ?

Here's one for $5,750 buy it now on Ebay , that's the cheapest I've seen and it's the faster yellow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item19cce62472

Getum while ya can ...........TheReaper!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #2097
mrnoitall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post
Here's one for $5,750 buy it now on Ebay , that's the cheapest I've seen and it's the faster yellow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item19cce62472

Getum while ya can ...........TheReaper!
Seller has Zero FB. which means many people will be hesitant to bid. Also, they don't list a phone number which makes it seem a little iffy. There are a few on cycle trader for a few hundred cheaper as well.
Tough times for many people.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #2098
Shirker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
The natural state of a bike is horizontal

Assuming that this is the de facto T-Max thread I have a question for you:

Let me preface this by saying that I dropped my VStrom (for the third time) in a carpark with a steep off-slope and drain but that's not the subject - I cannot pick it up again. If I were in a flat carpark, without a full tank, I have done it, but that ain't how life works.

I'm getting there.....is a T-Max easier to pick up? Is the cetre of gravity significantly lower to start with so that it is easier to hold up?

I ride all seasons on packed gravel up to Interstate and would like to get a bike/scooter which I can manage when I FCUP.

Advices please
Shirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #2099
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirker View Post

Let me preface this by saying that I dropped my VStrom (for the third time) in a carpark with a steep off-slope and drain but that's not the subject - I cannot pick it up again. If I were in a flat carpark, without a full tank, I have done it, but that ain't how life works.

I'm getting there.....is a T-Max easier to pick up? Is the cetre of gravity significantly lower to start with so that it is easier to hold up?

I ride all seasons on packed gravel up to Interstate and would like to get a bike/scooter which I can manage when I FCUP.

Advices please
It probably is.. but you should really work on not dropping the bike in the
first place..

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #2100
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirker View Post

Advices please
If you are in the habit of dropping your bikes , I don't think a plastic bodied scooter is for you . Ever think about a bike say like some thing with a side car ? Or some thing that has front and rear roll bars ? I am actually surprised that front and rear roll bars aren't standard on all adventure bikes . I mean lets face it , any one who rides one knows he or she is
going to go down sooner than later .

TheReaper!