User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #211
budk
OleScoot

Oddometer: 101
Speed??

Congrats to JoelM and ScooterBoy on finally getting on the road..

To JT and all,

Just returned from 600 mile check. Fluids/filters and over all inspection..
No squawks... On way home 5200 was holding 80mph(indicated) nicely.
Speed limit was 65 and I elected to hold 70-75 at 5000...
For those of you that care ..this scoot will exceed 110 indicated with relative ease...
I am just pleased as punch that I have a machine that I can hold 7 over the limit anywhere and still have reserve throttle.. I bought the TMax with touring and fun as priorities..
Off the lights is pretty damned awesome as well..

Its a keeper for me!

BudK
budk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #212
Scooterboy58
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by budk
Congrats to JoelM and ScooterBoy on finally getting on the road..

To JT and all,

Just returned from 600 mile check. Fluids/filters and over all inspection..
No squawks... On way home 5200 was holding 80mph(indicated) nicely.
Speed limit was 65 and I elected to hold 70-75 at 5000...
For those of you that care ..this scoot will exceed 110 indicated with relative ease...
I am just pleased as punch that I have a machine that I can hold 7 over the limit anywhere and still have reserve throttle.. I bought the TMax with touring and fun as priorities..
Off the lights is pretty damned awesome as well..

Its a keeper for me!

BudK
Getting mine tomorrow am. I was sitting on it this afternoon and I have them coming to get me at 8:15am to pick up majesty, Vstar Classic and me. After I get the paperwork done it's riding time 30 miles home...... Yee haw

Scooterboy58 screwed with this post 08-22-2008 at 05:46 PM
Scooterboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #213
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
about time

Scooterboy, thats great. What color did you decide on??

I have 150 miles on mine since yesterday, the more I ride it the more I love it. Definitley worth the wait. I bought my son a Yamaha C3 scoot for graduation this spring, we went for a ride today(60 miles) had a great time, lunch, ice cream. It was a blast, didnt go over 40mph thought this would help me on the break in.

I just got back from a ride, took one of my favorite curvy roads, man does this thing handle. I am surprised at the power coming out of the corners.

It is very hard to keep the speed and rpms down, but I am trying.

Hope all goes well tommorrow, and keep it safe. Joel.
Joel mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #214
Scooterboy58
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel mark
Scooterboy, thats great. What color did you decide on??

I have 150 miles on mine since yesterday, the more I ride it the more I love it. Definitley worth the wait. I bought my son a Yamaha C3 scoot for graduation this spring, we went for a ride today(60 miles) had a great time, lunch, ice cream. It was a blast, didnt go over 40mph thought this would help me on the break in.

I just got back from a ride, took one of my favorite curvy roads, man does this thing handle. I am surprised at the power coming out of the corners.

It is very hard to keep the speed and rpms down, but I am trying.

Hope all goes well tommorrow, and keep it safe. Joel.
Big choice I had Blue Blue and Blue. It looks better in person than in any pictures I have ever seen. I thought the Majesty's seat was wide the T's is wider. Flat footing it is impossible but I had no problems moving it backwards into the spot it was in on the floor. It is not going to be that hard to deal with just a little more of a lean. I'd hate to be 5'0" and ride it that is for sure. At 5'9" and 29-30 inseam it is indeed a stretch. but it is new and mine
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #215
HayHole
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Top Speed

Hit 95 today and still pulling strong; had to quit because I ran out off road. Have to admit that I had a strong tail wind at the time. The more you ride this scooter, the better you are going to like it. Six hundred seventy-five miles and and the smile keeps getting wider!!
HayHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #216
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Told ya, did'nt I! Was i right, now i prove my doubters wrong, mwuhahahahahahh!
Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:25 AM   #217
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Assembly

I told you guys I would go into more detail about the assembly of my new ride so here goes nothing. Half way thru I wished I had my camera, Duh!!

By the way mine is blue, last bike was yellow wanted a change. Like I had said before when I got to my dealer to pick up my TMAX it was still in the crate. Dealer is an old friend, appologized for it not being ready, I asked if he cared if I stuck around to watch the assembly, no problem.

I couldnt stand there and just watch, it was driving me crazy so I helped when needed.

Started out front wheel, fender, typical puttogether.

next was the winshield assembly, this took the most time.

The battery is right behind the headlights, so that had to be connected. I wished I had brought my battery tender(and camera) would have been a perfect time to hook up the tender.

The plastic nose pc has to come off to install the windshield, this was a pain. Two little plastic push pins on the bottom side and it is suppose to pop off(not so easy).

There are 2 metal clips up toward the top of the plastic nose pc that were not willing to come apart without major force to the point we thought we were going to break the nose pc. Well with some force they finnaly came free.

Hooked up the battery first then all the pcs for the windshield.

The windshield is a 2 part: the clear upper part goes on first, then the lower tinted section next to cover up the screws to hold on the upper part.

Next the mirrors go on, and the nose pc goes on last. Sounds pretty simple but let me tell you that nose pc does not come off easy. Most that do there own work will find out in time. It takes patients and frustration, but it will come off.

One note here the lower tinted section of the winshield I beleive could work alone as a really low screen without the upper section. So those of you looking for a summer screen might want to try this before buying a different screen.

So thats pretty much all for the assembly from the crate, only took about 2 hours(with all the bs going on). Checked all the fluids, mechanic had to test ride it before I could leave, he rides an R6 and was impressed!!!!
He is a young kid and never thought a scoot could ride like this TMAX......

I kept my GIVI top box off my VSTROM, so when I ordered the TMAX, I also ordered the rear luggage rack since everyone was talking about the lack of storage(I do not think it is that small, compared to a Burgman yes) I can put my helmet, rain gear, gloves and a few other items in there.

Anyway, I installed the rear rack last night. Took me about an hour, took my time as I had to drill a 7/8 hole in the tail section.

Definitley takes two people to put the rack in place with the spacers and bolts, to keep from scratching the bike..

I think it looks out of place on the TMAX, I am not sold on it yet????
Will give me more than enough storage, just not sure of the looks .

I will leave it on for a while to see if it grows on me. I am also waiting on the Yamaha backrest which is backordered, and has to be used along with the rear rack. My only other option for the backrest is the GIVI, that is not available yet. And will require 2 additional holes to be drilled in the tail section.

I will get the camera out today and take some pics with the rear rack and the trunk on it. Would like some opinions on that(please be nice).

Thats it for now, Joel.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #218
JT Lake
The Mongooses

Oddometer: 366
this scoot will exceed 110 indicated with relative ease...

THANK YOU SIR!!!!

where I live (DFW, TX.) excessive throttle (to me) is a must. Daily I deal w/ two of the worst roads (635&75) as far as traffic, cagers, is concerned. I like to know the fact that I can out perform any car, throttle, brakeing, and maneuvering when and if a situation arrises as is does almost daily.

Someone said "the more you ride it the more you like it." Thats what I say about riding BMW GS's YET I still ride my Burgman 400 more than anything in the garage.

I, again, REALLY digg the Yellow Tmax!!!

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.....which I predict will be around for a long time!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #219
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Lake
...YET I still ride my Burgman 400 more than anything in the garage. I, again, REALLY digg the Yellow Tmax!!!
If you could only keep one of the two... Which one stays?
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #220
Scooterboy58
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzie
Told ya, did'nt I! Was i right, now i prove my doubters wrong, mwuhahahahahahh!

now this is good. I just got home a few hours ago from picking up my T Max and the last 2 miles was 5 red lights and heavy rain. The protection is good while moving but at Red lights you are soaked quick. But I did not care I had the T Max and I was near home. Got it in the Garage and it has not stopped raining since. The 25 mile ride was revealing. After 14K on a Majesty, you would think another Yamaha Scooter would be the same. Wrong no comparison. What a hoot to ride. I had people at traffic lights roll the windows down and ask me what is that thing. I had to tell them before I slowly rolled away. 60-65 MPH with a lot of stop lights in there so I did not run the engine all that hard. My Garage has a New Bike smell that I did not expect but it is wonderful. I lost my shirt trading in the son's Vstar and the Majesty but the monthly payments for 2 years are at $129 which is saving me $100 a month over the Majesty and the Vstar that my 2nd son dumped on me a year ago. More room in the Garage now too. Anyway I love it. Steering was way tighter feeling than the Majesty and the ride was awesome....... Now if it would get dry out........
Old 08-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #221
jmskazoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vales1

Jmskazoo, have you found a vendor for the leg shields? If I remember right, there a site called doble motorcycles, they're in the UK but they're more than willing to ship any part or accessory. I got my leg shields from them and it only took about a week for delivery.
Leg "deflectors" are available as standard Yamaha options in the US. Overseas, they have are both solid and smoked plexi-leg shields. Looks like only the solids are available in the US. I have not seen them in person but they look good in the website photos.

I had smoked deflectors on my SWing. I and another Swing forum buddy bought together from th UK. Took about 6 weeks as I recall. They dress up the look and add some extra ar control.

I have leaned however the best solution is to wear riding pants. Got a pair of Olympia AirGlide's and use them as overpants. No air flow problems for an early AM ride at 50-degrees with those on.
jmskazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #222
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Pics with rear rack and GIVI

Finally got the camera out, so I thought I would post a pic with the rear rack and trunk. Tell me your thoughts?? I had to resize the pic to upload, and it looks like crap.
Attached Images

Joel mark screwed with this post 08-23-2008 at 04:53 PM
Old 08-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #223
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,687
I'm sure it is useful, but I believe I'd lose the trunk.
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #224
BurgerFriesDrink
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel mark
Finally got the camera out, so I thought I would post a pic with the rear rack and trunk. Tell me your thoughts?? I had to resize the pic to upload, and it looks like crap.
Looks good to me. Can you move the trunk closer to the passenger seat? My last few bikes have all had a top case, and I think they're a great addition.
BurgerFriesDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #225
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
Looks good to me. Can you move the trunk closer to the passenger seat? My last few bikes have all had a top case, and I think they're a great addition.
There are mounting holes in the rack for the GIVI mounting plate, so, no it cannot be moved any closer. Yamaha has done this to make room for the backrest they offer.

I think they should have mounted it closer and used the backrest for the GIVI trunk, but then Yamaha could not have made a backrest and soaked us for more $$$.
Attached Images