User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #2266
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
2009 yamaha tmax xp500y service manual

Have a Service manual for sale if anyone is interested $50.00. email me at aqua1957@att.net
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:29 AM   #2267
Tacoma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
As an owner of a Tmax I am ashamed that there are morons out there that also own one, you guys are too dumb to know that you have the top of the line maxi scooter out there, you should appriceate it and take care of it by using the proper oil.
You're better off by NOT changing the oil and keeping the stock oil from the factory in it IF you have NO idea what oil to use!
Its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to me that NOBODY understands how a wet clutch and a CVT works or what the difference is!
utter morons that change the CVT pulleys with aftermarket parts ,,,, utter morons that change the stock air filter for a so called performance air filter,,,, so you are saying the guy that engineered the Tmax doesn't know what he's doing and you know better than him? utter moron!

I just LOVE it how MORONS say that Amsoil ruined their engines, thats been going on for 20 years, YOU are too DUMB to know!
The Dealer will always cut down Amsoil cause he doesn't sell it, cause he wants to make a big profit selling HIS brand of oil
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #2268
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
blah, blah, blah
You have a remarkable ability to invalidate your argument with your delivery. Seek professional help.
beemerphile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #2269
miboso
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
I know it's a waste of time to respond to Tacoma, but it's late and this is just for fun.

Quote:
You're better off by NOT changing the oil
So you are saying that you do not change the oil? Do you ever change your shorts? Socks? Mind? Direction? Train of thought?

You have to be doing this deliberately because no one with the minimum mental ability to ride a bike could actually be as stupid as you appear to be. Good job
Old 09-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #2270
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
As an owner of a Tmax I am ashamed that there are morons out there that also own one, you guys are too dumb to know that you have the top of the line maxi scooter out there, you should appriceate it and take care of it by using the proper oil.
You're better off by NOT changing the oil and keeping the stock oil from the factory in it IF you have NO idea what oil to use!
Its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G to me that NOBODY understands how a wet clutch and a CVT works or what the difference is!
utter morons that change the CVT pulleys with aftermarket parts ,,,, utter morons that change the stock air filter for a so called performance air filter,,,, so you are saying the guy that engineered the Tmax doesn't know what he's doing and you know better than him? utter moron!

I just LOVE it how MORONS say that Amsoil ruined their engines, thats been going on for 20 years, YOU are too DUMB to know!
The Dealer will always cut down Amsoil cause he doesn't sell it, cause he wants to make a big profit selling HIS brand of oil
Hey ding dong

Amsoil is a small company with only blending facilities, they don't have refineries to produce synthetic base stock oils.. Who do they buy these pao base stock oils from???

Their major supplier of PAO base stock is Exxon/Mobil, the largest producer of synthetic oils in the world. They purchase some Group III base stocks from Shell, Petro Canada, and others. About 90% of their additive packages come from Lubrizoil

Amsoil is a good oil but I never cared for their multi level marketing like Amway.

Did you know that Amsoil sells vitamins and fertilizer. also..

http://alaskasynthetics.com/why-amso...plements-1092/

http://www.aggrand.com/

And appreciate is not spelled appriceate.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969

hexnut screwed with this post 09-23-2012 at 12:06 PM
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #2271
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
Hey ding dong

Amsoil is a small company with only blending facilities, they don't have refineries to produce synthetic base stock oils.. Who do they buy these pao base stock oils from???

Their major supplier of PAO base stock is Exxon/Mobil, the largest producer of synthetic oils in the world. They purchase some Group III base stocks from Shell, Petro Canada, and others. About 90% of their additive packages come from Lubrizoil

Amsoil is a good oil but I never cared for their multi level marketing like Amway.

Did you know that Amsoil sells vitamins and fertilizer. also..

http://alaskasynthetics.com/why-amso...plements-1092/

http://www.aggrand.com/

And appreciate is not spelled appriceate.
I'd bet our friend there is an Amsoil/Amway "distributor."

He's certainly got the personality for that line of work.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #2272
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
By this logic only a moron would use anything but Yamalube as stated in owners manual. What's this snake oil salesman stuff?
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #2273
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
http://www.ashonbikes.com/content/ya...-plane-concept

I didn't realize Tmax had a dummy piston for balance. How cool!
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #2274
kev187
Faux Pas Rendezvous

Oddometer: 226
Heated gear and how much drain can the MAX handle?

My 2009 Tmax already has Oxford Heated Grips on it. Their spec is
Source 12-volt DC
Current 4.0 amps
Watts 48 watts

I want to get a Gerbing Heated Vest, and Gerbing states their specs as
Source 12-volts DC
Current 4.5 amps
Watts 54 watts

Can the Max handle the Grips running as well as a heated vest plugged in? I am really good with bikes overall, have not messed too much with electrical stuff like this just yet. I do not want to damage anything and/or drain the battery while riding.

Thoughts and thanks!!!
kev187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #2275
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev187 View Post
Heated gear and how much drain can the MAX handle?

My 2009 Tmax already has Oxford Heated Grips on it. Their spec is
Source 12-volt DC
Current 4.0 amps
Watts 48 watts

I want to get a Gerbing Heated Vest, and Gerbing states their specs as
Source 12-volts DC
Current 4.5 amps
Watts 54 watts

Can the Max handle the Grips running as well as a heated vest plugged in? I am really good with bikes overall, have not messed too much with electrical stuff like this just yet. I do not want to damage anything and/or drain the battery while riding.

Thoughts and thanks!!!
According to my mechanic the answer is no , that said I would guess you could rotate which garment you were
heating ?

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #2276
Paul Mihalka
Old Fart

Oddometer: 877
For a month now I own a '09 Yamaha Majesty. It's alternator output should be the same or less than a Tmax. I use the Gerbing jacket liner rated at 77 watts and the Gerbing G3 gloves rated at 27, total 104, about the same as your vest/grips combo. I rode it all day at full heat with no problems. I ride open roads, no stop/go. City riding might be a problem.
Paul Mihalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #2277
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post
According to my mechanic the answer is no , that said I would guess you could rotate which garment you were
heating ?

TheReaper!
I think your mechanic is wrong. I ran 40 watt gloves and a full 90w att electric jacket liner and an electric heated Russell custom seat on mine with no issues as long as it was not constant low speed driving. The service manual states 378 watts which is more than enough reserve to run both. If you were worried about it, you could install an LED voltage monitor like the the Clearwater CVS...

http://www.advdesigns.com/clvosecbamod.html

As long as it is flashing green, you are making more watts than you are using. If it goes yellow, turn it down or off for a little while. I usually turned my heated stuff off about 5-10 minutes before I arrived at my destination, just to give the battery a little build time. It was probably not necessary.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #2278
kev187
Faux Pas Rendezvous

Thanks guys

It looks like experience beats out one mechanic. I would haev thought a 500cc engnie to handle two pieces of gear. I have a Buell Ulysses also and I know that can handle it, just when I order the heated vest, I was going to get wire hookups for both bikes.

I am looking at this vest

http://gerbing.com/Products/Liners/heatedVestLiner.php

Looks like a good product and just the little extra along with the heated grips for extended winter riding.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #2279
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev187 View Post
Thanks guys

It looks like experience beats out one mechanic. I would haev thought a 500cc engnie to handle two pieces of gear. I have a Buell Ulysses also and I know that can handle it, just when I order the heated vest, I was going to get wire hookups for both bikes.

I am looking at this vest

http://gerbing.com/Products/Liners/heatedVestLiner.php

Looks like a good product and just the little extra along with the heated grips for extended winter riding.
I have never been a fan of the vests, though I have owned a few. If you get enough insulation on your arms to be comfortable, you are wearing too much on the torso. I know the whole story about the core warming the extremities, but I have been much more comfortable with a full jacket liner. I think it even saves weight and space over a vest and a separate insulating jacket.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #2280
kev187
Faux Pas Rendezvous

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile View Post
I have never been a fan of the vests, though I have owned a few. If you get enough insulation on your arms to be comfortable, you are wearing too much on the torso. I know the whole story about the core warming the extremities, but I have been much more comfortable with a full jacket liner. I think it even saves weight and space over a vest and a separate insulating jacket.
You might have a point

Just get the full liner and repace the jacket linder of my winter 3/4 length coat. As long as the Max can handle the load of this and the grips.