Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #616
rcroller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
You need to pop the panel above the headlights off. That will expose the remaining screws that hold the windscreen on. You need to start at the top and pop it up...then push forward and remember to remove the two push pins under the front panel by the headlights first. It will just pop off.
Hope that helps.
_______
Bob R.
2009 Yamaha T-Max
rcroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #617
HayHole
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Thanks for the help, rcroller. I don't think I would have figured it out otherwise.
HayHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #618
SlowRider 21
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
T-max variator tool

Anybody here knows where we can buy a variator tool or others called it variator holding tool ? This little tool is important in changing rollers & belt to make the job easier.
SlowRider 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #619
SlowRider 21
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoboboo
Did you ask the dealer? I saw someone home-made a tool like that like on the web a while back.
I will go to dealership tomorrow,and ask them,thanks.
SlowRider 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #620
DRAGON1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Search Bigwheelsturning videos on youtube for the tmax.
He has a few good videos on doing thins like batt. tender removing body panels and stuff
Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #621
BMWDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Well as I mentioned a few posts ago I was looking to check out a Tmax. Called my local Yamaha dealer and guess what...he had a Tmax on the floor.

I got down there before closing and checked it out. Way cool looking for sure! Then I sat on it or should I say I tried sitting on it. As far as actually sitting on the thing in a riding position...that works fine. Nice leg room and the angle of my legs suits my crapped hip. But its too wide and I could not get my right foot down to the ground with my left foot already on the ground.

Major bummer as I was really looking forward to the Tmax being an option for me. This hip thing is starting to really get me down. Next stop will be at my Euro bike shop about an hour from home. They have the Vespa-Piaggio line of scooters. I'll check a MP3-500. I'm hearing that they are somewhat cramped so I don't know how that will work. At least I don't have to put a foot down at a stop.

David
'14 Yamaha FJR1300ES
BMWDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:57 AM   #622
Wiggles85
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDavid
Well as I mentioned a few posts ago I was looking to check out a Tmax. Called my local Yamaha dealer and guess what...he had a Tmax on the floor.

I got down there before closing and checked it out. Way cool looking for sure! Then I sat on it or should I say I tried sitting on it. As far as actually sitting on the thing in a riding position...that works fine. Nice leg room and the angle of my legs suits my crapped hip. But its too wide and I could not get my right foot down to the ground with my left foot already on the ground.

Major bummer as I was really looking forward to the Tmax being an option for me. This hip thing is starting to really get me down. Next stop will be at my Euro bike shop about an hour from home. They have the Vespa-Piaggio line of scooters. I'll check a MP3-500. I'm hearing that they are somewhat cramped so I don't know how that will work. At least I don't have to put a foot down at a stop.

David
How tall are you? I'm 5'10" 5'11", and am wondering if I'll fit okay on it.

Kind of a stupid question, but how exactly do you go about looking for a bike at a dealer? Do they let you test ride one, especially when you only have a permit?

If I show up in riding gear, will I see the dealer's eyes turn into dollar signs? hehe
Wiggles85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:08 AM   #623
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,169
The test ride

Generally Dealers require a motorcycle endorsment on your license before the let you test ride a bike. some have ride locations on lot or nearby streets and they will have someone go with you. dealers are concerned mostly about an inexperienced ride dropping the bike because that is very costly.
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #624
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,169
foot down

There is a big difference in the height of the seat when it is off it's center stand. when I tried a Silverwing in the dealership it was on it's stand the salesman has me sit on the machine when it was just on it's wheels it was fine and has proved to be fine since after 6000 miles. ask the dealer to place the scoot on it's side stand get on straighten it up and you will be suprised how nice it feel. I'm 5'8"
windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #625
Wiggles85
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by windburn
Generally Dealers require a motorcycle endorsment on your license before the let you test ride a bike. some have ride locations on lot or nearby streets and they will have someone go with you. dealers are concerned mostly about an inexperienced ride dropping the bike because that is very costly.
So I'm probably not going to be able to test ride the bike.

I think I'm stuck. Can't get an endorsement without a bike. Not to keen, on getting a vehicle that I haven't got to test ride. Then again, I haven't heard any complaints about the tmax

Edit: How do you drop a bike? Check out this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q2MSApP_I0 . In the reflection it looks like he's holding the camera with one hand. Yet he doesn't drop the bike
Wiggles85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #626
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Fender eliminator

Has anyone bought one of those fender eliminator kits from Europe? I am curious to know how they fit with a U.S. tag since the dimensions of our tag is smaller then theirs.
Thanks,
Aqua
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #627
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoboboo
Nope, didn't get it. I don't think I am gonna get it; not worth the money IMO. You thinking of it?
yes but I want to make sure that that our tag fits on the mounting plate since our tags are smaller
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #628
mamba24
ScRaM pUpPeT

Oddometer: 137
have you tried ebay? and i noticed that the mounting plate is way bigger than ours, maybe you can cut it a little of it, i dont know or you can ask dez.
mamba24
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #629
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
you mean this?

The undertray is body coloured, has an aluminium plater to attach reg plate, i had to do a new tag plate and get it re drilled to fit the spacing on the bracket that comes with it, or maybe you can use your original plate and drill new holes in the bracket, depends on how far holes in tag are apart from each other if that makes sense!
Attached Images

Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #630
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
with new lights fitted! looks sweeeeeeet!
Attached Images

Dezzie is offline   Reply With Quote