User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #721
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Yamaha OEM console bag

I like the OEM model I think it fits perfect since it is specifically made for the T . I secure my bag this way and it works perfect I don't go around the handlebars at all.
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #722
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

Oddometer: 1,560
Good post, I'll try that
Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #723
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,539
The Givi tunnel bag has been great and fits in the space well. It's definately bigger than the Yamaha bag and cheaper too. It comes with velcro patches that have tape to stick on the bike. This holds it on well enough plus it's between your legs so it's not going anywhere. You have to fiddle with the bag though and pretty much take it off to gas up if the bag is full. It has a strap that clicks on and goes around the bottom of the bike. Problem is if you don't position it right the header pipe will melt the strap. Strap also interferes with your feet a bit if you like the flat on the board position. I like the kicked up cruiser position usually.The bag stays on fine with just the velcro but you have to be careful not to peel off the stuck on velcro each time you take it off. Mine might not have cured all the way yet. But yes for an overnight trip you would probably need the size of the Givi bag. For around town the Yamaha bag is probably good for some personal items. All the bag is missing is a clear pocket on the top to stick a map into.

The Givi sport sheild will probably be good for really hot days. You will want all the airflow on you that you can get especially if you are geared up.

But yeah I can't wait to get the Givi tall screen. Probably don't need it until fall but at 6 feet tall I get a lot of helmet buffeting with the stock screen unless I slouch so it would be great to try it out. I'd also like the sport screen for summer. How hard are the screens to put on and off?
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #724
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Any of you have the Leo Vince GP exhaust? I'm thinking this would be the one for that oh so tasty 2008 MotoGP look. All i need is some blue and white paint, some #46, The Doctor and Fiat decals and I'd be all set for some tailgateing at Indy this August.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #725
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

The screen is easy to take off and replace, just not exactly quick. I think I can carefully remove the sport shield and put on the bigger one under 15 minutes. I'm sure you could do it in less than 10 but I dont wanna break the lil plastic piece that is under it. I had to do a lil pressin and pullin
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #726
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320

ok, just an updated pic, have my new front l.e.d blinkers installed, looks fab dontcha think!

Side view!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #727
aqua1957
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzie

ok, just an updated pic, have my new front l.e.d blinkers installed, looks fab dontcha think!

Side view!

Looking good there Dezzie if you want sell your OEM to someone here in the States. I am sure you can sell super quick.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #728
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

I was out getting in touch with the lean limits of this bike. I scraped my centerstand a bit during tight left turns. I guess for scooter racing they must take off the centerstand. Would it noticibly increase my lean angle to take it off or am I on the edge of the tire already when scrapping starts and wouldn't gain much by taking it off, especially with the tradeoff of not having the utility of the centerstand? But scrapping parts on such a sporty ride is no fun either.

Perhaps I could trace down the parts that are most prone to touching down first on the centerstand and modify those areas while still keeping the stand on. Seems to happen on the left side more often. I'll have to get down there and see whats going on.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #729
rtking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
Perhaps I could trace down the parts that are most prone to touching down first on the centerstand and modify those areas while still keeping the stand on. Seems to happen on the left side more often. I'll have to get down there and see whats going on.
On my second ride out on the Tmax, I found the first hard point to contact the road on the right hand side: the center stand. Or more specifically, the center stand has a finger that sticks out to the right and that contacted the road. I was surprised as I felt the bike could be leaned into the turn a little more. I haven't touched down on the left (yet), though. This bike is fun!
rtking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #730
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

YES finally a luggage solution that looks great. Granted I'm gonna have to get a friend across the pond to order it but hey, this looks great!! Plus the top case will go right on without another ugly bracket etc on it.

I like

Old 05-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #731
aqua1957
Adventurer

luggage rack

Just curious what box does that fit is it the one Yamaha sells?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #732
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

yes and thats a givi if Im not mistaken I dont care, it looks good enough to just strap stuff to for that matter, I gotta get it
Old 05-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #733
LtStardata
Master Tmax

Oddometer: 4
Thumb Tmax back rack.

Hello dynamos2000

What website did you see that killer looking back rack on, for the Tmax.

Thank You,
LtStardata
LtStardata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #734
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

Givi sport shield and rizoma mirror review

This isn't just a shameless presale promotion here, like maybe 8%

Seriously, I recently received the small givi shield and rizoma "reverse retro" mirror then promptly headed out on a 600 mile wkend ride to visit the family.

The givi shield:
If I'm under 60-70mph, the noise isn't as bad as the stock shield. On my semi slow commute to work, its nice. On the interstate, its not happenin. Lots of noise and well..its like ridin a naked bike above the waist. My ride was mostly interstate and I was kickin myself for swappin shields before the trip.

The look - there is no comparison. But I'm gonna sell it and get the larger givi shield. Function over form for me on this one.

There's a pic of the setup a few posts back.

The mirror, especially in addition to droppin the monster stock mirrors, make the bike look mucho better. But, I didn't like looking down off the road to check my 6. It looks great and gives everything a light blue shade. In the end, I prefer the easy to use ugly stock mirrors so the mirror is going as well.

From Bike stuff for sale
Old 05-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #735
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

I sure wish this bike had a more noticable way of showing that it is down to the reserve gas. I could look at the dash once in a while and see that the gague is on E and see the gas trip meter is on, but stuff that blends in can escape my attention when I'm just meditationg on the zen of the road for 20+ miles, I need a bright ass gas light to snap me out of it. I did get up to 24 miles on the reserve fuel tripmeter and my fill up was 3.9 gallons so I guess I was close to empty. What's the most any of you have gone on the reserve trip meter? Time for an MSR fuel bottle in the underseat storage I guess.