Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #781
pete in atlanta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
tmax in atlanta?

Is there Tmax owners in Atlanta?
I'm thinking about buying one in FL but want to make sure it's all I think it will be before I buy it.

If you live in Atlanta and are willing to let me test ride your bike, please ping me.

Thanks,
-P
2005 Aprilia Tuono (sold)
pete in atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #782
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete in atlanta
Is there Tmax owners in Atlanta?
I'm thinking about buying one in FL but want to make sure it's all I think it will be before I buy it.

If you live in Atlanta and are willing to let me test ride your bike, please ping me.

Thanks,
-P
Have no worries...it's all that and then some.If you're into this sort of maxi scoot thing and are coming from sportbikes,nothing else compares.

Motorcycle camping WV last weekend ...Since I don't have other Tmaxers in this area to ride with I had to settle for a yellow bikes only trip.

I love how in Europe they have the big Tmax ride outs. We'll have to do some over here one day.

Everything I needed fit's under seat and in Givi maxi scoot tunnel bag. Granted I sleep in a camping hammock that packs very compact with a very packable light blanket for 50 and over temps. Stitch side bags for beer.

Once I put a topbox on and throw a duffle on the seat I'd be ready for weeks long expeditions. Or without a duffle good for two up trips with my girl.
Attached Images

FOXedupONE screwed with this post 06-02-2009 at 11:07 AM
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #783
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,711
Fox,

Do you still have the other bikes in your profile or is the Tmax your only bike? If you still have the others, do you ride the Tmax the most? I am really thinking about getting one, but I can only afford 1 bike at a time.
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #784
LC NW
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking
Welcome Willy. $7600 OTD is a good price. I had to negotiate over 3 months to get to $7700 OTD here in California (8.75% interest rate thanks to the 1% rate hike from the State of Califonia.)

I love my Tmax. It's a great ride and the room underseat (while not as large as some scoots) is still large enough to hold quite a bit. I put 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts underseat with a little room to spare. I really love the way the bike handles and acceleration has improved with break-in. The only thing I plan to change on the bike is the variator to get me a bit brisker acceleration and more linear power delivery.
I picked up mine in last year the NW for about $7700.00 - luckily no tax! I will post a couple of picks!
1990 Honda Hurricane 600,
1986 Kawasaki ZX10 Ninja,
1986 Kawasaki ZX10 Ninja
1985 Kawasaki ZX6 Ninja,
1984 Kawasaki GPZ550,
1983 Honda Interceptor VF750,
1982 Honda MB5,
1975 Yamaha DT175 [First Love!]

LC NW screwed with this post 06-02-2009 at 07:53 PM
LC NW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #785
KneeDrachen
MORE COWBELL!!!

Oddometer: 1,088
Just traded in my 09 MP3 500 for a TMAX. All I can say is, best move I ever made!!!!
KneeDrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #786
rtking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDrachen
Just traded in my 09 MP3 500 for a TMAX. All I can say is, best move I ever made!!!!
Congrats and welcome to the Tmax brotherhood!

Wow, what did you dislike about your 09 MP3? Or what did you like more about the Tmax over the MP3? Since you now have first hand experience with both, I'd be really interested to hear your opinions.
rtking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #787
KneeDrachen
MORE COWBELL!!!

Oddometer: 1,088
The MP3 500 is VERY heavy and steers VERY slowly. Granted a front end that is planted like that is nice, but it wasn't too my liking, didn't feel flickable at all. The underseat storage is long and slim, not good for carrying stuff IMHO. Build quality was shoddy, the switch gear was the furthest thing from water resistant/proof. The handle bars weren't straight ( a known MP3 issue) and it drove me nuts. The TMAX is a league ahead in quality construction...
Already put a whopping 8 miles on it (the TMAX), and I can say I made the right choice.

Ride Safe.
KneeDrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #788
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDrachen
The MP3 500 is VERY heavy and steers VERY slowly. Granted a front end that is planted like that is nice, but it wasn't too my liking, didn't feel flickable at all. The underseat storage is long and slim, not good for carrying stuff IMHO. Build quality was shoddy, the switch gear was the furthest thing from water resistant/proof. The handle bars weren't straight ( a known MP3 issue) and it drove me nuts. The TMAX is a league ahead in quality construction...
Already put a whopping 8 miles on it (the TMAX), and I can say I made the right choice.

Ride Safe.
Damn Brother...8 miles...you must be wore out.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #789
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling
Fox,

Do you still have the other bikes in your profile or is the Tmax your only bike? If you still have the others, do you ride the Tmax the most? I am really thinking about getting one, but I can only afford 1 bike at a time.
Yeah I have a bunch of bikes. Mostly they all do different things,except I need to sell the Piaggio and the Aprilia, since I really don't need 2 scooters and 2 sportbikes. Yeah the Tmax does so many things well from jumping on for around town stuff,commuting to work,foul weather riding, to longer distance touring/weekend trips to fun rides in the twisties to two up riding with my girl it does it all to my satisfaction. I've only had it a few weeks but already have around 2.5 thousand miles under my belt with it and it's been raining a lot around here lately. I had knee surgery recently so I've been off the spotbikes and dirtbikes for a bit,the Max is way comfy. Plus the Tmax is the newest, so yes I've been riding it the most lately but it is also the most versatile so yes it would make a great bike as your only bike. Unless you want to go way off road with stream crossings etc..., it does everything quite well. And I even do dirt/gravel roads just fine with the Max too.

Plus lately I've been a big believer that somewhere around 40-60HP is perfect for the street. On the high HP sportbikes I always ended up going too fast at times and I don't want to ride like that anymore. Don't get me wrong you can go plenty fast on the Tmax too and get yourself into trouble, I was weaving up traffic still at 90 mph on it. But it's different and less stressful of a ride mostly and I find myself just enjoying the ride comfortably at more normal speeds. Plus I enjoy wringing out stuff that is a bit more underpowered and underpowered is a relative term,Tmax has plenty of power just it's different obviously then a 100+HP sportbike that you can't use safely anyway on the street if you try to wring that out beyond like 1st gear. Yeah the Tmax is a great bike, I'm a big fan. I did my research and knew this would be perfect for me and what I was looking for. Yes it's nice of course to have several different bikes, but this bike can also do it all. If I had to keep only one, I really think this would be it.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #790
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Thanks for the answer. I rode one this summer at the International Motorcycle Show and loved it. I rode it back to back with a Versys and an FZ6. Those 2 were great but I had the most fun on the Tmax. Last summer I went to a Honda Demo day and rode a Goldwing, ST1300, VFR, VTX1800 and a Silverwing all back to back. Of all those I liked the Silverwing the best and I know that I like the Tmax better than the Silverwing. Now if I could just find a place to demo a Burgeman I would be all set.

I am 38 years old with a wife and 4 kids so I don't need to impress anybody, but I still need to get over that internal "scooter" thing. I think I am ready for a Tmax.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #791
rtking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoboboo
Hey cbolling,

You'll be converted in no time. It's not how old you are that matters; it's the confidence in riding the "scooter" while enjoying it at the same time that does.

I always tell people I ride a "scooter" instead of a motorcycle, I could careless what other people think of that. I handle that pretty well I'd say.

Have fun riding~
+1
rtking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #792
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

These guys sure take their choice in gear when riding the Tmax pretty seriously.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #793
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Well I guess when you ride like this...
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #794
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Crazy Italians racing anything with 2 wheels...
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #795
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

I guess you get more ground clearance when you do away with the centerstand.
Attached Images