User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #121
zilla8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Thanx for the pricing info,
I bet if I asked about the accuracy at a dealer they would probably dissmiss it as internet BS.Dont these dealers realize that in this day and time someone knows people that work at dealers and have all the inside info on this stuff.It's not that I dont care about gas mileage and practicality (sp) but when it comes to bikes/scooters they are toys for me and I dont pay much attention to mileage.I travel light needing only a topcase and backpack at the most.I think for most people the Tmax is not a smart buy over a Majesty or Burgman if you compare storage and gas mileage.I think the people who will buy the Tmax at whatever they are selling at are people who have been waiting on it since 2001.If it does'nt sell they will just do like allways and drop it from the US lineup.I'm just glad It's here and We can atleast buy one now.
zilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #122
Scooterboy58
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla8
Thanx for the pricing info,
I bet if I asked about the accuracy at a dealer they would probably dissmiss it as internet BS.Dont these dealers realize that in this day and time someone knows people that work at dealers and have all the inside info on this stuff.It's not that I dont care about gas mileage and practicality (sp) but when it comes to bikes/scooters they are toys for me and I dont pay much attention to mileage.I travel light needing only a topcase and backpack at the most.I think for most people the Tmax is not a smart buy over a Majesty or Burgman if you compare storage and gas mileage.I think the people who will buy the Tmax at whatever they are selling at are people who have been waiting on it since 2001.If it does'nt sell they will just do like allways and drop it from the US lineup.I'm just glad It's here and We can atleast buy one now.
All very good points. I wonder why the Burgman 400 gets better mileage than the 400 Majesty the size and weight are almost identical as is the engine size. I only ride the Majesty 11 miles one way to work and 4 mpg drop is not enough to deter me from getting a Tmax over my 06 Majesty. I am actually doing it to reduce month $$ because of my ID10T son quit work and left me holding the bag on a Vstar Classic $230 a month for 2 bikes is too much especially since I don't ride the Vstar much. A topcase on a Tmax? I am not sure if I will like the looks of that but if I do need space then that is what I will do......So far no word on Tmax in Florida yet....
Scooterboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #123
vales1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider
Looks great, why replace it with another slow scooter?
LOL, I was comparing it to the getaway power of my Gixxer 750. So far, with an upgraded clutch and variator I've ridden the scoot up to 115mph, not even close to the Gixxer but slower (or fast) enough to be dangerous. I hate to admit it but i've grown fond of riding my silverwing. It's perfect for my 26 mile commute to work, still slim enough to have me splitting traffic (if its a stand still) , provides tons of storage, and is much more comfortable for long rides. As far as the Tmax is concerned, from the reviews I've read from Europe, it seems to offer better suspension, braking, and overall performance
vales1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #124
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by vales1
LOL, I was comparing it to the getaway power of my Gixxer 750. So far, with an upgraded clutch and variator I've ridden the scoot up to 115mph, not even close to the Gixxer but slower (or fast) enough to be dangerous. I hate to admit it but i've grown fond of riding my silverwing. It's perfect for my 26 mile commute to work, still slim enough to have me splitting traffic (if its a stand still) , provides tons of storage, and is much more comfortable for long rides. As far as the Tmax is concerned, from the reviews I've read from Europe, it seems to offer better suspension, braking, and overall performance
To me it seems that even if the TMax does offer better overall performance compared to the SW, at the end of the day it's still a heavy, 38hp scooter. Fine if I didn't own a maxi scoot but if I already had a nicely pimped out Silverwing, I would just enjoy it for what it is and save my $$$ for when something really hot comes out, like an 850cc scoot.
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #125
vales1
Adventurer

Quote:
I would just enjoy it for what it is and save my $$$ for when something really hot comes out, like an 850cc scoot.
I hear ya brother, like the Gilera GP800 or the Honda DN-01 both of which sadly not available here.

This video however, boosted my interest in the TMax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpIjXAGYDxU

Heh, I think I wore out my side stand trying it on the parking lot last weekend.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:21 AM   #126
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by vales1
I hear ya brother, like the Gilera GP800 or the Honda DN-01 both of which sadly not available here.

This video however, boosted my interest in the TMax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpIjXAGYDxU

Heh, I think I wore out my side stand trying it on the parking lot last weekend.
I've seen those Japanese gymkana guys in action and believe me, he could ride your Silverwing or anything else just as skillfully.

I road-tested a DN-01. Looked cool but was a real disappointment powerwise. Read about it here: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0080713ja.html
2006 Djebel 250XC
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #127
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
16 post so far and most negative. go bitch elseware.

Quote:
To me it seems that even if the TMax does offer better overall performance compared to the SW, at the end of the day it's still a heavy, 38hp scooter. Fine if I didn't own a maxi scoot but if I already had a nicely pimped out Silverwing, I would just enjoy it for what it is and save my $$$ for when something really hot comes out, like an 850cc scoot.
Somebody else said in another thread:
Stop thinking of it as a "Scooter" and start thinking of it as an automatic, light touring motorcycle that you don't have to crawl over a center tank & suddenly "8-Grand" is less outrageous.

Kinda like a new Honda Pacific Coast.

Nobody makes a light touring bike anymore from the looks of things, and most "starter" 600's start at $7k, don't come with wind protection, and don't have storage.

Twin rider, we are all aware that you know more about this bike than anyone else. We all have our opinions also, I am tired if reading your bullshit opinions. Move along and bug another thread. Those of us that are actually following this thread want to learn more from the people that have them and there thoughts, your thoughts and opinions are all negative.
Joel mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #128
DOUBLE-O G
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,383
Quote:
I would just enjoy it for what it is and save my $$$ for when something really hot comes out, like an 850cc scoot.
Dude! If you think the T-Max is not on the "hot" list, you are sadly mistaken. It has sold over 100,000. And the new one is putting the original to shame.
DOUBLE-O G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #129
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel mark
Somebody else said in another thread:
Stop thinking of it as a "Scooter" and start thinking of it as an automatic, light touring motorcycle that you don't have to crawl over a center tank & suddenly "8-Grand" is less outrageous.

Kinda like a new Honda Pacific Coast.

Nobody makes a light touring bike anymore from the looks of things, and most "starter" 600's start at $7k, don't come with wind protection, and don't have storage.

Twin rider, we are all aware that you know more about this bike than anyone else. We all have our opinions also, I am tired if reading your bullshit opinions. Move along and bug another thread. Those of us that are actually following this thread want to learn more from the people that have them and there thoughts, your thoughts and opinions are all negative.

Joel, I'm basing my opinions on fact, unlike your verbal forays into fantasy land. Feel free to put me on your ignore list, that's what it's there for
2006 Djebel 250XC
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #130
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx
Dude! If you think the T-Max is not on the "hot" list, you are sadly mistaken. It has sold over 100,000. And the new one is putting the original to shame.
I don't want to rain on your parade, if it yanks your crank great... I'm just saying that I had Vales1's cool looking Repsol Silverwing pumping out 50hp, I wouldn't trade it for a Tmax putting out 38. I would for one with 75 though!
2006 Djebel 250XC
Old 08-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #131
jmoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Boy, that seems a little harsh.
jmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #132
Scooterboy58
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
38 Hp

Quote:
I don't want to rain on your parade, if it yanks your crank great... I'm just saying that I had Vales1's cool looking Repsol Silverwing pumping out 50hp, I wouldn't trade it for a Tmax putting out 38. I would for one with 75 though!

Very interesting I have been doing a lot of research and the numbers I have come up with on the Tmax HP is 44 and not 38. The modifications to the engine and fuel injection vice carburators has increased the HP from the Original model. What modifications were needed to bump up the Swing to 50? Stock it goes around 46 HP Information is always good to have and I would like a little more for my research..... http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...max-r-scooter/ this article spells it out rather well.
Scooterboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #133
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoto
Boy, that seems a little harsh.
I am getting tired of listening to him cut down the TMAX. If he doesnt like it or think it is worth $8000. then so be it, I am just sick of reading his negative feedback. Some of us like it and cant wait to get one. Just my opinion thats all.
Joel mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #134
jmoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
I am getting tired of listening to him cut down the TMAX. If he doesnt like it or think it is worth $8000. then so be it, I am just sick of reading his negative feedback. Some of us like it and cant wait to get one. Just my opinion thats all.
Not to throw fuel on your fire (well sort of) but I hope you don't take a liking to Harley's and post an opinion about how good they are and how they are worth every penny. That will definately get you some feedback and most of it won't be as well informed as what you are getting in this thread.
jmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #135
vales1
Adventurer

Can't we all just get along? Anyway, negative or positive I think this thread is very informative thanks to all of you guys!

As for Horsepwr, I'm not to concerned with those numbers. I'm sure everyone in this thread have seen the Italians racing their scooters on YouTube. Interestingly, the only mods they did on theirs was an upgraded clutch, variator, and a muffler - all of which i've done to my Swing. My 0-60 comes to right under 6 secs. , around 5k rpms at 80mph, and I still get 48.9 mpgs riding aggressively.

I'm pretty excited bec. I'm planning to do the same for the Tmax (when i finally get it ) and I can't wait to see just how much better I can get it to perform. Matter of fact, the upgrades are available now at scootertrap.com

I guess what all we scooterist desire is something that is comfy enough to ride all day, sporty enough to handle the twisties, and more than enough power to abuse upon demand - AND its gotta be automatic

Hey HAYHOLE! You still with us? I would love to hear some updates on your TMax