Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #1381
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
Welcome to the club! It is almost impossible not to love the T
-P
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:33 AM   #1382
blues n twos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Pictures of Yamaha/Givi Topcase additional light install.

I recently fitted the Givi E94 additional rear brake light to the Yamaha / Givi topcase with the aluminium Yamaha rear rack.

So if you have this rear rack....

And one of these topcases....

You can install one of these....

Make sure you use the black replacement part in the kit otherwise the light will not sit well in the topcase. This is my attempt at using the parts with the Yamaha rear rack. This does mean some of the parts are not used in the kit and you will need to cut the power cable.

This is looking into the topcase from the side.... A small hole drilled into the "pushout" part of the topcase with a rubber grommet to keep it water tight.

This is looking up underneath the rear carrier, note the marine waterproof connector that will enable you to disconect and remove the topcase. No holes drilled and cable held in place with 3M sticky things and small zip ties.

If you follow the underneath of the rear carrier the cable can drop into the under seat area like so. See cable on left....

Another shot....

And another showing where the cable drops under the frame to access the rear light wiring loom...

This is the waterproof marine connector I used in kit form. You just crimp the wires and put it together....

And thanks to bigwhheelsturning for the "how to" on accessing the rear loom to connect up found here...
http://www.youtube.com/bigwheelsturn.../4/oKw3IQ1PS_8

Hope this helps out...

Jon
blues n twos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #1383
psolk
TMAX Noob

Looks good Jon, man that Topcase is huge... Your T looks beautiful, the silver is very slick

So Here is my Fender and Boomerang progress shots. Sorry for the quality, we haven't seen the sun here in a few days so I will take some more once all the decals are done and I can get her out in the sun...

Now I just have to wait for my PowerCommander to be installed and mapped (tomorrow) my Console Bag which shipped today, My Carbon Fiber Trim, Wings and Rear Tire Hugger (5-7 days according to TagoMoto), my brake lever decals and my belly pan decals all of which are on their way and I should be good to go until the Garmin Nuvo 220 comes out...

So here is the glossed black fender and boomerangs, I can't wait to see the CF trim against the gloss black...
Subtle but gave just the look I was looking for

HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #1384
beemerphile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddman
It will work as others have gone that route but It will always be on, the yammy one plugs into a pre wired plug located right behind right side glove box(riders perspective) and is only hot when ignition is on, so if you forget to unplug something after a ride it will drain battery
If you want to use it as a battery charger outlet, then it MUST be on when the bike is off. I have one wired "always on" for the charger and I have a heated seat that is wired through the ignition relay.

Lee
beemerphile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #1385
Maddman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
yeah I was thinking of doing the cig lighter charger idea but I use that socket for my phone and Ipod when taking long rides so I didnt want the slim chance I forget to unplug anything and chance a no start situation.
Dual HID's Mod,Yoshi CF Exhaust,Bmc Air Filter,Axel Cover,EvoTec Tail Tidy,Blue Led Under Body Lights,H2O proof Navi Bag,Yammy Sport Sheild,Fabbri Hand Guards,Yammi Console Bag,Blue Ref Wheel Stripes,Yammi Aux socket,Euro Winkers,Battery Tender Jr,heated grips, JC Evo2-R,
CF Mirrors,corbin seat
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #1386
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Oddometer: 39
@psolk

your bike look great but i feel the bike not complete without the front rim sticker
habitual lateness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #1387
psolk
TMAX Noob

Thanks Lateness!

I actually have these Rim Decals coming so I will be replacing the yellow with these as soon as they get here:

Then I have a new Decal coming for the Front Fender as well because I wanted something in a White or Yellow opposed to the stock Decal...

So she is still a Work in Progress but getting there I am taking it in this afternoon for the Power Commander and Mapping and hoping the decals get there this week as well. I know my parts from TagoMoto are a few days out...

Thanks again for commenting!!
-Paul
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #1388
MyDaddy
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Question

Hi Psolk

Just Wondering, Do You Really Need The Powercommander Or Can You Use A After Market Exhaust With Out It?
MyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #1389
psolk
TMAX Noob

Hey "Daddy"
That is a great question... You definitely don't "need" it at all. I have heard that it does nothing from some users and heard from others that you wouldn't want to do the Variator, Exhaust and Filter without it and that it definitely makes a difference... I do think I run a little lean right now as well so figured I would give it a shot...

It definitely is NOT a requirement though, I have 5000 miles with no PC and no issues at all but figured if it could make it a little tighter I would give it a shot...

So it is as much an experiment as anything I will let you know this afternoon and over the next couple of days if I notice any difference...

BTW, when are all us NJ/NY T riders getting together for a ride???
-P
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 04-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #1390
MyDaddy
n00b

Oddometer: 8
PSOLK

THANKS FOR THE INFO.
MyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #1391
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psolk

those looks pretty neat, let see some pictures when it is done..
Old 04-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #1392
psolk
TMAX Noob

No worries at all "Daddy" my pleasure LOL. I just got her back as well, did a couple of rides while they adjusted the mapping and I can absolutely feel the difference. Is it huge, no not at all but the 2 things I felt right away were the peppiness (just feels more responsive) and I am no longer Idling lean... She has a good strong idle now so all in all I am pretty happy with it. For someone looking for a massive difference though this isn't the way to go in my opinion.

I will put up the pics as soon as I get them Lateness, I actually have two sets on order and I am going to see which look better, the ones I posted earlier and these, let me know which ones you like better...

And Neo, I will host it down by me on the shore, I say we really set it up!!

Cheers guys!
Paul
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 04-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #1393
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Between the 2, i will choose the first batch for its simplicity.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:41 AM   #1394
psolk
TMAX Noob

Thanks Lateness! I think I feel the same...

I finally got her out in the sun (what's that bright yellow thing in the sky) and got some shots of the glossed fender and boomerangs. Even my dealer noticed them as soon as I pulled in and commented. Here you go... Promise, these are the last pics until I fully decal her up... Can't wait to get all the gray decals off and replaced with all black...
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 04-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #1395
tlgem
Turtle

Oddometer: 10
Very Nice!!! Clean and well thought out that gloss black makes quite a difference I like it.
If you don't mind where are you getting your parts from and the stickers?
I'm finding things are quite scattered across the net and some have to come from Europe.
Right now Im at the exhaust dilemma Id like some more sound and performance but dont want a headache from the noise the SC project seems to be the best sound Ive found on U Tube so far but it seems alot of people go with the yoshi for some reason?
There arent many Tmaxes in Cleve Ohio so the boards are all I have to go on and I hate buying things like exhausts without hearing them for real first.
tlgem is offline   Reply With Quote