Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 AM   #1426
psolk
TMAX Noob

Oddometer: 115
My pleasure!
It;s all about the weights
-P
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
psolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #1427
aqua1957
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
K&N Air Filters

K&N now has the air filters for our 2009 TMax
aqua1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #1428
veno81
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua1957
Does anyone know what the real difference is between the standard J Costa Variator and the racing version? Is it strictly the weight of the weights standard being 18 grams and racing version choice of 15 or 16 grams. Also did anyone have the standard J and switched to racing version was there a big diffence on acceleration?
Thanks
The difference is the length of roller-31mm for Racing and 34 mm for Standard.
veno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #1429
psolk
TMAX Noob

Thanks for that Veno, I never knew!!! Always though it was "just" the weights...

I like that K&N too, always had great results with their products and that will most likely be what goes in when my BMC comes out...
Paul
HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 04-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #1430
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
got er dun

Well after several goof ups from Yamaha and the dealer I finally got all the right stuff . I spent about 4 hours this afternoon and got it done . I figure the dealer would have raped me so I did it myself . The trunk and the luggage carrier are very solid , and to tell the truth I am impressed with the quality of both . All of it cost $270.00 which is pretty cheap compared to most set ups .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #1431
gore-tx
DOUBLE-O G

Oddometer: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroller
As Psolk mentioned, any LED conversion will require a new blinker relay. Otherwise you will experience rapid flashing and excess heating. My personal preference was to change the bulbs to the Sylvania Silverstars which are blue in appearance when not lit and amber when lit. I just think they look cool being that I'm a big fan of BLUE! The LED kits are nice too...just a matter of what look your going for. Enjoy!
________
Bob R.
2009 Yamaha T-Max
Well, I hate to say this but I have backed out of it because I am not very handy. Sure looks great but I know I'm gonna end up with a big mess on my hands.
gore-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #1432
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
Jcosta installation question

Can the jcosta be installed with a impact instead of the special tools . I have done it with Honda scooters and was wondering if any one has installed one without the special tools .

And by the way , what a difference the Jcosta made on my Honda Big Ruckus .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #1433
Maddman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
I used an electrict impact and wasnt able to get nut loose, tried 2 different ones, was able to crack it loose with the tool I made and a breaker bar and someone sitting on bike.
Dual HID's Mod,Yoshi CF Exhaust,Bmc Air Filter,Axel Cover,EvoTec Tail Tidy,Blue Led Under Body Lights,H2O proof Navi Bag,Yammy Sport Sheild,Fabbri Hand Guards,Yammi Console Bag,Blue Ref Wheel Stripes,Yammi Aux socket,Euro Winkers,Battery Tender Jr,heated grips, JC Evo2-R,
CF Mirrors,corbin seat
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #1434
1stscoot
iscoot

Oddometer: 43
Question K&N or BMC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua1957
K&N now has the air filters for our 2009 TMax
OK, K&N or BMC air filter? What's are people's experiences? I've used K&N on my cars and it flows better especially at high revs, but no change in gas mileage even driving conservatively, but they're serviceable and last forever. BMC has testimony on their website indicating gains in HP and torque, but all the tests are on automobiles. Both are used in racing, but probably with electronics and air mixtures adjusted for optimal performance, ie- Power Commander, rejetting, etc. I don't plan on going that route. Just wondering about the air filter as the only modification and its effects. BMC's are serviceable also but at 15K miles instead of 50K like the K&N's; I wonder if you can use the K&N cleaner and oil on it, as I already have that kit...

Left Coast, Kalifornia
2009 Yamaha Tmax
2004 Aprilia Atlantic 200 RIP

1stscoot screwed with this post 04-20-2010 at 05:13 PM
1stscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #1435
psolk
TMAX Noob

I have the BMC b/c that is what was available at the time. If I had it to do over again I would probably go K&N, not b/c I think it is better, just the name I am more familiar with...

And on another topic, Veronica (my T) is taking to the track for the first time this weekend!!!
I am doing the ART1 (advanced rider training) class and full track day at New Jersey Motorsports park this weekend. When registering I explained that I would be on the track on a super-scoot and joked that I would probably get laughed at until I passed some poor BLEEP in the corners LOL... The instructor who I spoke too said they couldn't wait to see it on the track and "a bike's a bike and any real rider knows that" This is coming from a race instructor LOL!!!

So in honor of the occasion I just put some new decals on her and I am really happy with the way she is coming out... Just waiting on my rear tire hugger and carbon fiber wings now!!!

Here are the pics, (sorry all the bags are on, had to ride 250 miles Roundtrip to work today and had my suit in the bag LOL) I am really liking the glossed black fender and boomerangs too, glad I did them...

Can't wait to let you know what she does on the track!!!

2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #1436
Sokka
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Side Bags

Hey everybody...

I have been reading this post for more than a year. I used to own a Executive, when I heard the Max came out I switched...with no regrets. The Max is one amazing machine..... I have installed metal racks/holders for side bags, but have not purchased bags. Has anybody installed these and used these, and if so with what kind of results?

Go team avatar.....
Sokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #1437
psolk
TMAX Noob

Welcome Sokka! Hope you are loving your T as much as the rest of us. A bit of an obsessed bunch LOL!
No personal experience with them but if you see the Fieldsheer bag on the tail of my bike in the pic above it actually has clips on it for side bags as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Fieldsheer-Com.../dp/B000JSRZ7E

http://www.motorcycle-atv-store.com/..._by_Fieldsheer

http://www.cnyparts.com/productdetai...ductId=8321360

Just some suggestions for you...
-P
2009 T-Max (deceased)
Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #1438
neoboboo
scooter guy

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by psolk

And on another topic, Veronica (my T) is taking to the track for the first time this weekend!!!
Veronica? What a name~ First, came Rosie. Now, comes Veronica.

You really decal-ed out Veronica... How many of them Yamaha decals do I see?
neoboboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #1439
habitual lateness
let ride!!!

Oddometer: 39
@psolk

have fun at the tracks and do us tmax owners proud..

dont forget to take and post pictures of the event
habitual lateness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 AM   #1440
psolk
TMAX Noob

Well the car is Betty (refined and comfy) and the T is Veronica (the girl you ride ) This will make more sense if you remember the Archie and Jughead comics from the 80's... http://www.archiecomics.com/

There are definitely a lot of Yamaha decals... In fact I wanted to be sure you could see one from every angle so people stop asking who makes it

I will do my best Lateness!!! Going for my full leathers today

Cheers guys, hope everyone has a great day!
-P

Just a quick edit... Track day was moved to May 3rd, apparently there was a 20 deep waiting list for this weekend... I also need to take a look at removing the sidestand and centerstand for maximum lean...
2009 T-Max (deceased)

psolk screwed with this post 04-21-2010 at 11:04 AM