Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 AM   #76
soboy OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,286
Sounds like the Zuma 125 and the Agility 125 are very similar in performance. I am getting between 80 and 90 mpg on the Agility and it will top out at an indicated 68 mph (which is 62 adjusted for speedo error.) It will cruise comfortably at an indicated 60.

I can not imagine that either of these scoots would be fun off pavement unless you kept your speed way down - they don't have much in the way of suspension travel, and both have short wheelbases and 12" tires (they have the exact same tire size front and rear).

For those who have a Zuma 125, what is the make and model of the tires that came with it? Are they dual sport tires or pure street rubber?
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #77
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
How to do headlight mod???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
I've got almost 500 miles on mine. Did the dual headlight mod (it should come that way from the factory ) and chopped off most of that hideous rear fender.

Getting 80+ MPG, does fine on my 50 mile work commute, even on the 50MPH speed limit sections. Pull hills fine and keeps in front of all but the throttle happy drivers.

Pulls about 65+ on the optomistic speedometer (closer to an honest 60 MPH) on flat to slightly inclined ground.

Storage seems smaller than my Zuma 50...but still really handy. The 50 underseat storage is deeper, but you can open the seat with the motor running on the 125 .

Hey Oni, I bought one for my son yesterday. I wanted one eversince they showed up on the internet.

So how do you do this headlight MOd, I would appreciate a link or detailed info?? Thanks, Joel.

Really like it!
Thanks
Joel mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #78
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Joel

This would be the easiest way: http://www.zumalights.com/

It's not hard to do it yourself...just a bit of a PITA getting to the harness. Are you thinking of the mod for a T-Max? First you have to check if both your bulbs are low/high beam, instead of a dedicated bulb for each. For the Zuma, both lights are identical, but wired so only the low beam is used on one side, and only the high beam is used on the other.

Basically you have to add a connector to each headlight socket and then splice the wires into the headlight harness so both low beams are wired together, and both high beams are wired together. Each headlamp has 3 terminals. Ground, low beam and high beam. The stock connector for each light has 2 sockets...you will be adding a third to each one.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #79
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

Oddometer: 1,560
BUMP

Any more from current owners? How many miles? Any issues?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #80
Max Dongo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 964
[quote=chadhargis]True, the Agility is made in China, but it's made in a Kymco factory with their quality control in place. I did a bit of research on the model, and found that they are very good quality scooters dispite the fact that it's made in China. It's not a "Chinese Scooter".

When you are talking about a $2000 scooter, an additional $1000 is like buying HALF of another scooter. It's a bit steep.
[quote]

The Agility 125 is very much a chinese scooter, and the Zuma 125 is not worth $1000 more, it's worth about $2000 more. I've sold them both, and the Taiwanese Kymco is not built to par with the Yamaha. Leave your wonderful Agility out in the rain a couple times and watch it turn a nice lovely shade of rust.
Owning something does not confer powers onto it that it did not otherwise have, so no matter how much you like your Agility 125, it doesn't change the fact that it is not built to Taiwanese standards.
BANK OF AFRICA
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO.
WEST AFRICA

Attn

I got your contact during my search for a reliable, honest and a trust
worthy person to entrust this huge transfer project with. My name is
Mr. Max Dongo. I am the manager of the International Commercial Bank
Ghana, first light branch.

Max Dongo screwed with this post 11-14-2008 at 02:35 PM
Max Dongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #81
Max Dongo
Coffee Achiever

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinfish
I'd be curious if it is much different than my Vino 125. The Vino can do 55-60 on the flat (or with a slight downhill), and no headwind. But if the road has even a slight uphill (the kind of small uphill you don't even notice in a car), or there is a headwind, that top speed drops quite quickly. So I wouldn't use my Vino on a long fast road if there were any uphills or lots of wind.

The Zuma 125 may be a bit stronger, or may have different final gearing, which could make it more viable for your commute. My guess is, though, that if you want to do 55+ for extended periods, you want an engine bigger than 125cc.
I'm looking out at one on the showroom right now. The Zuma is a little more robust than the Vino, and will probably handle a bit better, but if you're just going around town, the Vino is cool to look at, especially if you change out the signals for European ones.
BANK OF AFRICA
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO.
WEST AFRICA

Attn

I got your contact during my search for a reliable, honest and a trust
worthy person to entrust this huge transfer project with. My name is
Mr. Max Dongo. I am the manager of the International Commercial Bank
Ghana, first light branch.
Max Dongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #82
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

They had a black zuma at the dealership yesterday and this thing looks even better in person.

I've narrowed it down between the z125 and a buddy 125 / 150. Seems like both of these scoots would fill the 45-50mph / 26 mile round trip to work role perfectly.

+ for the zuma:
dealer support (great dealership 20 miles down the road)
fuel injection
Urban assault vehicle looks

+ for the buddy:
Better warranty with roadside assistance (crazy!)
Possibly quicker / better handling than the z125
Storage (both underneath and apron storage w/ 12v accessory plug)
...and the geek factor of having the skull and crossbones seat cover and handlebar muffs would be pretty cool

Hopefully will test ride both but because of location, I can't do it the same day.

Can a z125 owner answer the following please?

Have you serviced the scoot yourself? (wondering if changing the oil is a simple affair and how frequently you need to inspect the valves, etc.)

Thank you

***EDIT***
Found and downloaded the owners manual
Oil chg and valve inspection/adj every 2k miles.
Hmmm I do good to change oil, wondering how difficult it is to take care of the valves, anyone have experience here?

thank you.

dynamos2000 screwed with this post 11-16-2008 at 06:10 PM
dynamos2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #83
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,869
I was at the dealer this week and saw all three colors of the z125, and they all looked great. The black or blue would be on my short list.

If I were to get a scooter today, it would probably be this one.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 AM   #84
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

dynamos2000

Can a z125 owner answer the following please?

Have you serviced the scoot yourself? (wondering if changing the oil is a simple affair and how frequently you need to inspect the valves, etc.)

Thank you

I have a Zuma 125 with around 400 miles on it. First oil change was a pc of cake, drain oil, clean out screen, changed the rear end oil. Took about a half hour, checked all nuts and bolts also. The valves do not need to be checked yet, I think it is at 1000 miles and every oil change after that.

I am very pleased with this scoot, I bought it for my son to replace his Yamaha c-3, I have ridden it as much as he has.

For more info and reading material go to zumaforum.net then go to the zuma 125 section. There is more than enough info on there to answer any question you may have.

There are people doing 155cc kits already on them.

Good luck with your search, Joel.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #85
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

No info on zumaforumS.net, but through their site, I did find the link to another site that has the shop manual. Thx Joel!

http://scootertime.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2031

dynamos2000 screwed with this post 11-17-2008 at 06:40 AM
dynamos2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #86
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamos2000
No info on zumaforumS.net, but through their site, I did find the link to another site that has the shop manual. Thx Joel!

http://scootertime.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2031
http://www.zumaforums.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=53

Try this link
Old 11-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #87
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

I did, thats where I found the link I posted, its all good.

My dealership didn't want to budge from 3800 OTD so I'm looking at a buddy 125.

I buy from this place ALL the time so it was frustrating to be haggling over a few hundred bucks when I buy at least 2 bikes a year from them.

Thanks for the info
Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #88
Joel mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamos2000
I did, thats where I found the link I posted, its all good.

My dealership didn't want to budge from 3800 OTD so I'm looking at a buddy 125.

I buy from this place ALL the time so it was frustrating to be haggling over a few hundred bucks when I buy at least 2 bikes a year from them.

Thanks for the info
I bought mine for $3081.60 otd early in October. Look around, dealers get a little hungry in the winter. Good luck, Joel.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #89
tortoise2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
Sat on (but did not ride) a showroom Zuma 125. Flat seat is a big positive . . no step or scallop to interfere with your personal "stance". Cable "bend" below twist throttle did NOT jab right knee (30" inseam). Gas tank access at front of seat is at a convenient height, and the cap hinge is a very nice feature. EFI engine lacks a backup kickstart, but that's progress I guess. Didn't ask OTD price, but the same money would probably buy 3 China 150cc scoots. I do accept the "get what you pay for" credo, however.
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #90
scorch
Poser

Oddometer: 3,395
i saw the zuma 125 at the bike show in d.c. and i thought it was a great looking bike. The styling almost reminds me of a aprilia sr50 from the back. I really wish they were a bit cheaper.
But other than that, they would be a perfect size for commuting.
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote