Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2004, 08:30 PM   #391
Limey-
Katoom jockey

Oddometer: 65
took it up a Mountain trail lots mud ruts rocks and snakes and deep holes ate em no problem my buddy on my old GS11 did amazingly well the big beastie does pretty well in the dirt.heres another post shot.
Attached Images

Limey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #392
Limey-
Katoom jockey

Last pic it took alot of searching to find an Adventure there are Dukes aplenty and 'regular' LC4's.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2004, 01:06 AM   #393
Happe
Offroad Nut

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey-
Just bought 98 Adventure last week
Hi There,

looks more like the '97 Modell. The '98 was Blue/Orange.

But no worries, its a cool bike. Congratulations!
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:48 AM   #394
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
Stephan is right, although yours could have been titled in '98 or later. For the online parts fiche, check this out. It the cleanest looking EGS-E I have seen. The rear subframe should be easily adaptable to rear tanks, if 28 liters isn't enough. Is your fuel tank painted, or orange plastic? Nice purchase!
Old 06-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #395
Limey-
Katoom jockey

Its orange plastic no paint.It did come with a manual for a 97 though its titled 98 i think your right its a 97 just had 2.5k miles looked pristine needs new carb and some alu boxes.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #396
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,156
Cool2

It's gonna be tough to find metal rack to mount aluminum sidecases to that LC4 Adv.. I love those dual low-swung exhaust pipes, but I don't know of any rack/luggage manifacturer fabricated kits for that particular model.

I doubt even Touratech.de would have a rack fitment for aluminum sidecases that's for the LC4 Adv with dual low-swung exhaust.

Cat0020 screwed with this post 06-02-2004 at 01:35 PM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #397
Happe
Offroad Nut

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020
It's gonna be tough to find metal rack to mount aluminum sidecases to that LC4 Adv.. I love those dual low-swung exhaust pipes, but I don't know of any rack/luggage manifacturer fabricated kits for that particular model.
www.touratech.de
Old 06-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #398
Limey-
Katoom jockey

Yep www.touratech-usa.com do one for the 97 Adv and they are close to me in Seattle the Happy trails setup looks like it might fit also.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:55 AM   #399
GT-STMC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Thanks everyone.

This forums terrific...., there is a brand new '01 Adventure now sitting in my drive. Knowing how "old" it was gave me great barganing leverage (cash in hand).

My daily commute to and from Mexico starts tomorrow (Friday, 4 June) with it...., and am really looking forward to first later this month meeting up with my brothers in Austin, one with a Triumph Tiger and one with the BMW 1100 (GS I think), and then later meeting more of the members here in this forum.
GT-STMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:51 AM   #400
Scaramanga
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
My '03 near the dunes of Merzouga
Attached Images

Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:25 AM   #401
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey-
Its orange plastic no paint.It did come with a manual for a 97 though its titled 98 i think your right its a 97 just had 2.5k miles looked pristine needs new carb and some alu boxes.
I just found an old review of a '98 EGS-E here. , so maybe the Blue/Orange came out in Europe in '98 and not in the US (?)

If you aren't beholden to your low exhaust, Stock LC4 exhausts are on ebay almost weekly. Try to find a newer LC4 of some variety to compare starter position, but I think you should have no problem swapping exhausts, if that is a direction you want to go. I have not seen a picture of your left side number plate plastic, but that might need to be replaced with one that bulges for the muffler (mine are distinctly asymmetric.)

I have no aluminum pannier experience, but I plan to go with Happy Trails racks, and Ortlieb roll top panniers when I feel the need for luggage. The disadvantage is lack of security when unattended, and having to take them off/put them on more often. They won't protect the bike as well in a crash, either. There are some skinny boxes out there, but capacity is compromised...

Enjoy your pristine machine! And "Just do it" when it comes to putting a Keihin FCR carby on. If that is too spendy, I bet you could find a Mikuni BST around here for next to nothing!

rapiti screwed with this post 06-05-2004 at 05:34 AM
rapiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:35 AM   #402
Happe
Offroad Nut

Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapiti
Enjoy your pristine machine! And "Just do it" when it comes to putting a Keihin FCR carby on. If that is too spendy, I bet you could find a Mikuni BST around here for next to nothing!
What?

The '97 has a Dellorto Carb. The coolest carb you can get for no money.
If you need a new one, have a look at ebay. I found six Dellortos last week for round about 50-60.-quit.
Otherwise just change the needle and needlejet and he is like new.

cheers

Stefan
Old 06-07-2004, 04:03 AM   #403
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe
What?

The '97 has a Dellorto Carb. The coolest carb you can get for no money.
If you need a new one, have a look at ebay. I found six Dellortos last week for round about 50-60.-quit.
Otherwise just change the needle and needlejet and he is like new.

cheers

Stefan
Ahhh. Somehow I assumed Edelbrock Quicksilver.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:35 AM   #404
trackbikes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Adventure/Moto

Here is a picture of my adventure, it takes about 60 minutes to convert from one mode to another.

I can't seem to find the photo with standard "Big" wheels at the moment
trackbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:58 PM   #405
csmith99
Uhhh....

Oddometer: 16
I just got my new Adventure this weekend as well. I am told and have verified from my KTM dealer this is a 98 but it is the European version...thus the difference in colors, etc. The euro version comes stock with the dual exhaust though the other users cans are different than mine. These also come stock with the Del Orto carburetor. Mine has 1500 miles on it and was imported by the guy I bought it from through the local dealer. I am told only 10 or so of these 98's were brought into the states.

Also, yes touratech does make Pannier mounts for the bike as I do currently have them installed as you can see in the pictures.
Attached Images

csmith99 is offline   Reply With Quote