turn off the bikes and "swim" them over
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #5373
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,883
Just a couple pictures from yesterday, on a 3 day ride in Montana. I can't believe that over the winter I was trying to sell this thing. A little more slab than I planned (about 800 kms of 1700 total), but it does it so easily, but boring nonetheless.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #5374
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,942
lovely scenery there, I might get a decent run in this week myself
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #5375
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,393
Question Oil leak.

Has anybody figured out the newest and easiest way to replace the little green seal in the shifter/kickstarter?

Just started leaking very slightly. Taking in to the MT1000 and would like to get her fixed before then.

Only a couple more weeks to go!

Thanks!

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #5376
cr0w73
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Aluminium Adventure Gear

I'm in the process of designing and manufacturing several hard aluminium parts for my 2003 KTM Adventure. ie rear fuel cells, pack frame, side plates etc.
There doesn't seem to be much after market stuff listed out there for these bikes let alone a full "Adventure kit" ie rear fuel cells, pack frame, side plates, Water cell Bash plates etc.

What i'm trying to find out is what other years and models will my parts fit onto and also what interest there is regarding a possible new product line for the pre 690 LC4 range.

The mounting will be mostly instead of the original standard rear side plates also using the original mounting points and will need no modification to the actual bike itself.

Will they will fit a wide range of years and models and is there an interested market out there?

cr0w73 screwed with this post 06-29-2010 at 08:50 PM Reason: trying to get a picture up
cr0w73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:04 PM   #5377
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0w73
I'm in the process of designing and manufacturing several hard aluminium parts for my 2003 KTM Adventure. ie rear fuel cells, pack frame, side plates etc.
There doesn't seem to be much after market stuff listed out there for these bikes let alone a full "Adventure kit" ie rear fuel cells, pack frame, side plates, Water cell Bash plates etc.

What i'm trying to find out is what other years and models will my parts fit onto and also what interest there is regarding a possible new product line for the pre 690 LC4 range.

The mounting will be mostly instead of the original standard rear side plates also using the original mounting points and will need no modification to the actual bike itself.

Will they will fit a wide range of years and models and is there an interested market out there?
I'm interested! But ours run different subframes I believe.

Low594 screwed with this post 06-30-2010 at 05:15 AM
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #5378
G I Mavro
Orange monster

Oddometer: 25
Adv extras

Crow, if you can make rear fuels cells, i'll buy it!!! The oldgoat already has a pretty huge tank for a thumper & it is quite light on fuel, so additional fuel cell will be great, considering that i get about 500Km per tank & i do short distances as Adamska is more of a working point A 2 B bike most of the time & i have not yet really had any long road fuel economy experiences. My buddy, reset1 did a mid distance trip the other day, several hundered kilos, but not stopping. He got almost 27ks to the litre, which is very impresive to me, especially seeing that he uphelp a average speed of about 115km/h. so looking at that more fuel cells will take yopu FAAARRR!!! 1000km per tank potential!!! Imagine!

I am very sure that the goat will handle the extra weight without any hickups, even on some gnarly propper off-road trails. of course, the rider will have to know how to handle his pair of balls, if you know what i mean, but with the set up & suspension, i don't think there will be anything to worry about!

Something else to keep in mind is that if you have a bike with that amount of fuel like 50l on board, you will need luggage storage space if you are going that far, cuz, not using the potential travel distance without panniers will be kinda stupid, so ther panniers will have to fit without the tanks causing some friction. Of course if you are a lazy shit like me, you can now ride a year & not worry about fuel. NICE!

The other big plus point for myself to have such an ivestment, is that they keep the bike rather stable if they are kept full, as i tend to get smacked around alot by the wind, when i have the two panniers hooked up & the top box ( permanently mounted ), the wind & Adamska don't have any beef with one another for the most part.

So in short, after all this jabbering on, if you can manufacture something this practical on something this good, then you will sure be pleasing alotta goat riders.

We all know the 6fotty is the ultimate go absolutely anywhere tool, so now it can become the absolutely go anywhere tool, forever!!!

Kep me posted on your progress, very intersted on what you'll have to offer! Sweet Crow.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:17 AM   #5379
GreyDawggg
Adventure seeker

Oddometer: 463
From 02-03 the models onwards have the same subframe and most things to do with the chassis are the same on all the different year models(from what I've read).. I think there would definately be a market for it.. I wouldn't mind having an extra alu. rear fuel tank if I had the money.. Would be great for longer trips, especially as my 640 is thirsty and only gets 300km on a tank.. You would only really be able to make one rear tank hey? Like 5 to 7 liters or something on the opposite side of the muffler. Like the rally tanks.. If it didn't cost an arm and a leg like most of the other manu then plenty people on here and who own lc4s would support you!
GreyDawggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #5380
GreyDawggg
Adventure seeker

Oddometer: 463
I think you would really have to strengthen your subframe if you have a extra rear fuel cell aswell as luggage/panniers.. Just a thought
GreyDawggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #5381
Kieth
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
625 sxc

I have a 2003 625sxc, HID, larger tank, rear racks, top rack, mounts for extra fuel.........

here is a head on shot, there are others in the gallery...

http://kieth.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...44846561_cEgqt
Kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #5382
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
Has anybody figured out the newest and easiest way to replace the little green seal in the shifter/kickstarter?

Just started leaking very slightly. Taking in to the MT1000 and would like to get her fixed before then.

Only a couple more weeks to go!

Thanks!
You could have found this easily in the LC4 Index thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156231

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #5383
KTMatt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0w73

Ive been making Bash plates for the 640 Adv for about 4 1/2 years now and also made my self a 10L RHS tank, just got to get the last six bash plates out of the way and Im starting on the rear tanks Ive got 3 sets to make and then Ive got to do some for the DR 650.
The RHS tank will end up about 13-14L and the LHS about 9-10L and all plumbed in to the main fuel line.

The prototype 10L tank just about ready for a test run

The tanks will as double as the pannier frames for the soft panniers.

Out at CC on a two day 3000km test run and it works a treat

Cheers Matt
Old 06-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #5384
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,393
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
You could have found this easily in the LC4 Index thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156231
DOH!

Forgot about that!

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #5385
Nike68
Happyrider

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMatt
Ive been making Bash plates for the 640 Adv for about 4 1/2 years now and also made my self a 10L RHS tank, just got to get the last six bash plates out of the way and Im starting on the rear tanks Ive got 3 sets to make and then Ive got to do some for the DR 650.
The RHS tank will end up about 13-14L and the LHS about 9-10L and all plumbed in to the main fuel line.

The prototype 10L tank just about ready for a test run

The tanks will as double as the pannier frames for the soft panniers.

Out at CC on a two day 3000km test run and it works a treat

Cheers Matt
3000km testrun on 2 days. wow You rock...

The tank and bashplate looks great by the way. The bashplate looks like it is The way the bike was made to look. DAKAR!!!
Nike68 is offline   Reply With Quote