User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #5386
G I Mavro
Orange monster

Oddometer: 25
Adv extras

Hey KT, you've made me think now. On a previous post i was talking about fuel cells that fit with the panniers fitted on the old goat. i looked @ Adamska & saw that there isn't exactly much space for mucking around between the existing mudguards/ subframe & the pannier carry racks, so i tought of what i was saying to Crow, that having that travelling distance potencial with that amount of gas onboard, you would naturally take your pans along with you and a top box, as just a top box won't be enough packing space, as you will need a couple of pirate masks to throw over old mr. Wolly, after a month or 2, among other things like some Johnny & a G-string & the like.

So how difficult do you think would it be to manufactrure & mount something with the same volume of let's say a 10l jerry can to fit squarish over & onto the front, outside & bottom of the pan & have it fit with a bolt on system to mount & remove it in the same convinient fashion as the pan itself, with a simple plumbing system with valves to go to the tank. How did u connect the plumbing buy the way?

Now looking @ your handy work on the pics supplied which is buy the way very nice, looks good plus the bash plate, i would think that you would be able to come up with something quite neet. i am myself trying to look for a couple of good quality plastic pannels & a plastic welder to try & put together some sort of a tank to fit onto my pan...

I'll c what i can get done, but keep us posted on your projects, very nice!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #5387
overlandr
Temporal Shifter

Oddometer: 5,791
Hey Matt interesting tank. Whats the weight of the RHS one and an idea on $$$? Cheers
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #5388
KTMatt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
Hey Matt interesting tank. Whats the weight of the RHS one and an idea on $$$? Cheers
I dont know yet but once Ive made the finished product Ill let you know.

Cheers Matt
Old 07-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #5389
Mister KTM
n00b

Oddometer: 2
KTM LC4 Adventure vibration

Hi everyone, please cna someone can help with pictures and info how to take of big vibration from my KTM LC4-97' Adventure, its very hard for hands and my
Mister KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:16 AM   #5390
Pitron
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister KTM
Hi everyone, please cna someone can help with pictures and info how to take of big vibration from my KTM LC4-97' Adventure, its very hard for hands and my
What seat are you using? I think there are plenty of solutions for your behind, but i doubt that one will be found for your hands.
Pitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #5391
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,940
Renazco is on the top of my list for seat work, I hear filling your bar with lead shot or expanding foam can reduce hand vibes. I don't really notice it much myself.
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #5392
NitroAcres
MotoBiggots Suck

Oddometer: 469
http://www.barsnake.com/
NitroAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #5393
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Although I haven't used these ones, I have had some success with bolting bar end weights onto my 640A.

http://stenhouseracing.com/shop/inde...&products_id=2

Or there is a guy in Vendors, making big claims for his anti vibration solution.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447393

A more expensive option may be to replace the piston with a Wossner, that also worked for me.

David.

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #5394
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
Quote:
I can tell you my 00 LC4E shook like an out of balance washing machine.
Getting the jetting right really calmed it down. Still shakes just off idle and wants to walk across the shop floor sitting on the main stand. But I can live with that.

Don't have what jets are in it. I took to my local guru with a spare BST40 if he needed it and he drilled the jets instead of buying new ones.
Sure starts better and runs really well now.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #5395
GreyDawggg
Adventure seeker

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrobertson
Although I haven't used these ones, I have had some success with bolting bar end weights onto my 640A.

http://stenhouseracing.com/shop/inde...&products_id=2

Or there is a guy in Vendors, making big claims for his anti vibration solution.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447393

A more expensive option may be to replace the piston with a Wossner, that also worked for me.

David.

Hey David!

How did your bike work out? Did they manage to save the cylinder head? Is it running again? I'll have my bike back together by next weekend, will be exciting to push the start button and see how things go.. Also keen to see how the wossner goes!

Cheers

Graeme
GreyDawggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 AM   #5396
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawggg
Hey David!

How did your bike work out? Did they manage to save the cylinder head? Is it running again? I'll have my bike back together by next weekend, will be exciting to push the start button and see how things go.. Also keen to see how the wossner goes!

Cheers

Graeme
Hi GD,

I've been told they managed to save the head (haven't got the bill yet ). Still waiting for the bits to get here from #$%#@#$% (cannot mention dealer due to KTM AUS ) from outside Australia (cannot mention due to KTM AUS ).

Aus Post are doing their best to slow things down, but I should get the bits tomorrow. Then give them to the mechanic and wait a week.

Hope everything goes great for you. I know from experience you will have a grin from ear to ear once your bike is back together.

David.

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #5397
overlandr
Temporal Shifter

Oddometer: 5,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrobertson
Still waiting for the bits to get here from #$%#@#$% (cannot mention dealer due to KTM AUS ) from outside Australia (cannot mention due to KTM AUS ).
I love tales like these of corporations trying to stifle free flow of information for their own short term profit motives. The internet just blows it wide a apart.
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #5398
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,389
Bluhduh Need help.

At the KTM dealer right now and he thinks my LC4 is about to grenade.

Somewhere long ago somebody mentioned a website that had LC4 engines for sale. Whole units no BS. Where would that website be?

Looks like I won't be going to the MT 1000 after all.

TIA

Will also just put this on thumpers.

J
2001 KTM 640 Adventure R
Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #5399
motorjon68
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
I need some help. I've read the threads and maybe I'm on info overload. I need the bars higher. I've got 30mm risers that came with the bike. It's an '02. I still could use every bit I can. What's the highest rise I can get keeping the stock bars? I'd ideally like to keep the stock cables. thx, Jon
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #5400
Carl_Mega
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
At the KTM dealer right now and he thinks my LC4 is about to grenade.
Why does he think that? Last time you wrote that were going to get the kick-start/shifter leak looked at... Whaddddhappened?

Sorry my reply doesn't answer your question...
1998 Montesa Cota 315 R
Carl_Mega is offline   Reply With Quote