Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #5551
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,295
Hey vee two, the 50w HID will be overkill for low beam, trust me. 35w for low is plenty. Take particular care with aiming the low beam, as the r/h throw will blind drivers when you are overtaking them, these things are seriously bright.
Mates have had good results just by running a power feed directly from the battery to the lights via relays triggered by the std wiring, as the std wiring has so much voltage drop the lights barely glow orange, but when you stick a direct feed they work pretty well standard. It's cheaper than HID and acceptable results.
Also, 6000k is far too blue/white, I've got them on mine and wish I'd gone with 4300k, which is plenty bright and white enough. (The higher the heat range, the less output actually).
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #5552
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Oddometer: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla
Hey vee two, the 50w HID will be overkill for low beam, trust me. 35w for low is plenty. Take particular care with aiming the low beam, as the r/h throw will blind drivers when you are overtaking them, these things are seriously bright.
Mates have had good results just by running a power feed directly from the battery to the lights via relays triggered by the std wiring, as the std wiring has so much voltage drop the lights barely glow orange, but when you stick a direct feed they work pretty well standard. It's cheaper than HID and acceptable results.
Also, 6000k is far too blue/white, I've got them on mine and wish I'd gone with 4300k, which is plenty bright and white enough. (The higher the heat range, the less output actually).

no mate i've not tried running direct fused off the bat via relays. sounds the go though.
can you help me out setting up the relays I.E how to wire up & what i need as in relays etc ?
i presume there SPDT (single pole duel throw) relays ?

i know the basics
batt > fused > 1 x dash toggle to kill main power to lights > ?

yeh there orange light off the loom not good for spotting those hoppy dogs out here
MY07 950 SER
veetwo _tls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #5553
brands46
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerst
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread.

Does anybody have info on WIDER (front to back) foot pegs for a 07 640a? There is some talk in the index but it's for earlier model bikes. I just spent two weeks covering 3008 miles, most of it on the pegs and my arches were protesting! I like the look of the Fastway F series but they don't list the 640 as a fit. Mainly looking for "bolt on" options as I'm lacking metal working tools.

Thanks for helping (again )
Gerst
I have the Fastway F5's on my 06 640A and they did fit with some work. I had to grind away a bit of aluminum off the ktm hanger bracket as the pivot on the Fastways are a little thick. Used a die grinder and some sandpaper. Big improvement to me as the angle is a little better when riding aggresive.
CMRC #36 - RMDRA, support your local club to keep our riding areas open.
Current Money Pits
2011 KTM 300 XC
2006 KTM 640ADV
2006 Scorpa SY175F
brands46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #5554
The Mass
Timbuktu or Bust... Both!

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands46
I have the Fastway F5's on my 06 640A and they did fit with some work. I had to grind away a bit of aluminum off the ktm hanger bracket as the pivot on the Fastways are a little thick. Used a die grinder and some sandpaper. Big improvement to me as the angle is a little better when riding aggresive.
I did the exact same thing for mine - An '01 Adv
They work a treat, but my preference is for the older style grubscrews as opposed to the new "rip the bottom of your boot out" pointy studs.

Cheers
Mass
04 GSX1400 (with USD front end)
The Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #5555
brands46
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mass
I did the exact same thing for mine - An '01 Adv
They work a treat, but my preference is for the older style grubscrews as opposed to the new "rip the bottom of your boot out" pointy studs.

Cheers
Mass
Agreed, had a set of the pointy Fastway's on an older 450, trashed a pair of Tech 6's during one cross country race. I was pissed. The newer F5's dont trash my gear at all. Just as grippy!
CMRC #36 - RMDRA, support your local club to keep our riding areas open.
Current Money Pits
2011 KTM 300 XC
2006 KTM 640ADV
2006 Scorpa SY175F
brands46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #5556
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,295
Pivot Pegz. Nice and wide front to back as requested.
And they pivot!
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #5557
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,483
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13708587

It's fun, but I need moar powah!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #5558
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Quote:
And they pivot!

+1 pivot pegs
MY07 950 SER
Old 08-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #5559
The Mass
Timbuktu or Bust... Both!

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
And they pivot!

Got them (Pivot pegs) on my EXC and there is nothing better for that style of bike and my feet up style of riding (too old for that flashy motocross flair in the bush), but they are quite a bit smaller than Fastways.
IMO the Fastways are hard to beat for the long trips.
Bloody good value too.
04 GSX1400 (with USD front end)
The Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #5560
Gerst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Pegs

Thanks for all the info on pegs. I like the idea of the pivot pegs but really want to try them first. I think I'm going to go with the Fastways. Turns out I'm going to be down for a while nursing an injury so I'll have plenty of time to grind/file/sand/fit.
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #5561
Coho911
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,341
Best place to buy the Pivot pegs for cheap ?

I stand on my bike alot and could use them.

----> LC4 Info Thread <----

So many places to go and see, so little time...do it whenever you can, cause too late comes fast. - Coho

The internets BEST Site for Image Hosting ---> Smugmug <--- SAVE $ 5.00 on smugmug membership with this COUPON - hUuJ7EHBKXWDU
Coho911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #5562
GreyDawggg
Adventure seeker

Oddometer: 463
There is a bst going for cheap and I've been looking for one to replace my fcr that is o so thirsty on juice. Could someone on here that knows the bst carby well tell me if this looks good to put on my bike? Will be much appreciated! Not sure what the epoxy(mod) on the cover is about..

Quote:
Originally Posted by demononthebrakes
Mikuni BST 40? carb. Its been on the bike since I bought it. Was fully torn down and cleaned about 4 months ago. Had some unknown kind of mod done to the top in the past by the prior owner. I dont know what the purpose/benefit of that is but its works perfectly always has.
$75 Paypal price
$12.00 shipping

GreyDawggg screwed with this post 08-16-2010 at 08:35 PM
GreyDawggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #5563
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawggg
There is a bst going for cheap and I've been looking for one to replace my fcr that is o so thirsty on juice. Could someone on here that knows the bst carby well tell me if this looks good to put on my bike? Will be much appreciated! Not sure what the epoxy(mod) on the float cover is about..

no its shit mate tell him to sell it to me how much you pay for it ? if ok to ask.
looks the one too me.
the epoxy is just one the mod's for this 640 carb. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347184
MY07 950 SER
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #5564
GreyDawggg
Adventure seeker

Oddometer: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by veetwo _tls
no its shit mate tell him to sell it to me how much you pay for it ? if ok to ask.
looks the one too me.
the epoxy is just one the mod's for this 640 carb. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347184
He is selling it for 75$ plus shipping.. That sounds great to me.. There are some for sale now and then but normally over a 100$.. I have the bst bible book marked its such a good, simple to follow write-up! Next thing to do on th list.. I'll need a new throttle cable and try get one of loaded's fuel mix screws. Then I just have to make sure the jetting is good and runs well= 400+ km range from a tank, much better than 280km! I'm not racing so its not for me. The guys I've riden with have no problems with their Bst.

7 months without my bike has been torture
GreyDawggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #5565
veetwo _tls
RENOVATIO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawggg
He is selling it for 75$ plus shipping.. That sounds great to me.. There are some for sale now and then but normally over a 100$.. I have the bst bible book marked its such a good, simple to follow write-up! Next thing to do on th list.. I'll need a new throttle cable and try get one of loaded's fuel mix screws. Then I just have to make sure the jetting is good and runs well= 400+ km range from a tank, much better than 280km! I'm not racing so its not for me. The guys I've riden with have no problems with their Bst.

7 months without my bike has been torture

i've just pulled my carb to inspect - stuffed needle - the rest looks good but i'll do a full kit with the Ti needle.
yeh i'm going to grab one of loaded's fuel mix screw.

just bought a complete new 625 SMC rear , leo vince twin system , full silicon hose rad & breather kit. + a few bits for the 950SE

desperately waiting on Derek to reply to my email or PM so i can get my carb kit ordered & payed for

so ill have some 640adv gear up for grabs later in the flea market
MY07 950 SER