ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 07:12 AM   #6631
Alik
viertaKTMotor *****
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Poznan, Poland
Oddometer: 248
Here they are:

http://motolancuchy.pl/pl/p/Deflekto...kosc-12-cm/821

it was all designed by one Polish fellow: Darkojak.

Here You have pictures on different motorcycles:

http://www.iz.jupiter5.rkr.pl/Deflektor/index.htm
http://forum.transalpclub.pl/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=4678

It is about 45 USD.
Alik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #6632
NVTS
stupid hipster dufus
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Big Lick Virginia
Oddometer: 615
All it needs is lower footpegs, damped risers and miles. 2002 with 17k miles. Just had the suspension done now it is proper Rally tall.

NVTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #6633
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED
 
TEZZA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.E.Vic,Australia
Oddometer: 289
Cry Suppliers overseas

Hi all , i have been trying to buy some riding gear from Competition Accessories i think thay are in the USA and have asked about shipping .
I have had no reply from them and wanted to find out if thay are O.K. to deal with or do thay not deal overseas .
Can any of the USA KTM 640A Owners help me please ??????
Tezza
__________________
Tezza.
KTM 990 ADVENTURE.
KTM 520 EXE.
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #6634
greasyboy
cur·mudg·eon
 
greasyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: north central, PA
Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEZZA View Post
Hi all , i have been trying to buy some riding gear from Competition Accessories i think thay are in the USA and have asked about shipping .
I have had no reply from them and wanted to find out if thay are O.K. to deal with or do thay not deal overseas .
Can any of the USA KTM 640A Owners help me please ??????
Tezza
I have ordered stuff from them....usually tires......have been good
have you tryed calling them?
greasyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #6635
mxchamp
Registered Lurker
 
mxchamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
Oddometer: 1,467
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVTS View Post
All it needs is lower footpegs, damped risers and miles. 2002 with 17k miles. Just had the suspension done now it is proper Rally tall.

Very nice bike.

Get an orange front fender for her and you will be surprised how she looks!!
__________________
Ride safe!!!!
2001 KTM 640 Adventure R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #6636
TEZZA
ADV B4 DEM/TED
 
TEZZA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.E.Vic,Australia
Oddometer: 289
Cry Suppliers

I haven't called them because i live in Australia and they are in the USA , i think it would be a big cost for an overseas phone call and there is a time differance.
Has anyone got any other thoughts how to get a message to them and get some reply so i can order some gear from them.
Tezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasyboy View Post
I have ordered stuff from them....usually tires......have been good
have you tryed calling them?
__________________
Tezza.
KTM 990 ADVENTURE.
KTM 520 EXE.
Now the Perfect pair!!!!
TEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #6637
greasyboy
cur·mudg·eon
 
greasyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: north central, PA
Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEZZA View Post
I haven't called them because i live in Australia and they are in the USA , i think it would be a big cost for an overseas phone call and there is a time differance.
Has anyone got any other thoughts how to get a message to them and get some reply so i can order some gear from them.
Tezza


Shoot me an email
chuck@highcroftracing.com
I will call em for ya......we ship stuff overseas all the time.....Kind of a reg thing....I will talk to our shipping guy and see what it would take
greasyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #6638
Gerst
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gerst's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Durango, CO
Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
hey inmates, what aftermarket hand protection do you use?
i'm looking at sw-motech and barkbusters. which one is better?

I'm using these, http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...cp0&ns=display only had them for a few rides but so far I like them.
Gerst
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #6639
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerst View Post
I'm using these, http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...cp0&ns=display only had them for a few rides but so far I like them.
Gerst
I'm liking the Ascerbis ones I put on my bike, the silver actually looks ok
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #6640
mike cramb
Beastly Adventurer
 
mike cramb's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Perth
Oddometer: 1,312
Hi Tezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEZZA View Post
I haven't called them because i live in Australia and they are in the USA , i think it would be a big cost for an overseas phone call and there is a time differance.
Has anyone got any other thoughts how to get a message to them and get some reply so i can order some gear from them.
Tezza
How'sitgoing mate ,

Found that thread on fitting the sub tank and blow me down its by J bo who is a mate lives down the road here in Perth

Mike
__________________
we are already here!
mike cramb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #6641
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sumi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hungary
Oddometer: 1,757
Hi!

I have a silly question, sorry:

This is my first bike not with a paper air filter, and I would like to ask what is the correct method cleaning the air filter? How is it done?

Thanks
__________________
2005.5 950 Adventure (with 265mm travel suspension)
Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #6642
Tseta
Lost
 
Tseta's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
Hi!

I have a silly question, sorry:

This is my first bike not with a paper air filter, and I would like to ask what is the correct method cleaning the air filter? How is it done?

Thanks

There are typically two different cleaning/oiling products, the "bio" kind (basically the cleaner is water based) and the "regular" kind (the cleaner is solvent based).

Many manufacturers for both types. Usually, you don't want to use gasoline or any other harsh solvent for cleaning. You should use tried and tested products. The air filters for KTMs are made by Twin Air, and I've been using their Bio system with no problems so far. However, they say that you should start using the Bio system on only a fresh, new filter, not one that has been previously oiled and washed with some other system.

Here's one manufacturer's (TwinAir) instructions for their Bio system: Click!

And here for their traditional system: Click!

Also, a video tutorial for the bio system: Click!

Cheers,

Tseta
Tseta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #6643
Sumi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Sumi's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Hungary
Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseta View Post
There are typically two different cleaning/oiling products, the "bio" kind (basically the cleaner is water based) and the "regular" kind (the cleaner is solvent based).

Many manufacturers for both types. Usually, you don't want to use gasoline or any other harsh solvent for cleaning. You should use tried and tested products. The air filters for KTMs are made by Twin Air, and I've been using their Bio system with no problems so far. However, they say that you should start using the Bio system on only a fresh, new filter, not one that has been previously oiled and washed with some other system.

Here's one manufacturer's (TwinAir) instructions for their Bio system: Click!

And here for their traditional system: Click!

Also, a video tutorial for the bio system: Click!

Cheers,

Tseta
Thank you very much!
Do I need to put some grease on the rubber of the filter? between the rubber and the airfilterbox? I've heard that some of them do this.
__________________
2005.5 950 Adventure (with 265mm travel suspension)
Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #6644
Tseta
Lost
 
Tseta's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 669
Personal preference, I would say. The grease may help the air filter to seal better against the airbox. The trade-off is that it may make a bigger mess.

The air cleaner in my bike has always sealed tightly against the airbox even without grease and there has been no evidence of any "leaks". Try it for yourself, which method you like better.

-T
Tseta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #6645
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .
 
slackmeyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Oddometer: 3,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
Thank you very much!
Do I need to put some grease on the rubber of the filter? between the rubber and the airfilterbox? I've heard that some of them do this.
I usually get the NoToil kits. It's biodegradeable, like that twinair system, and it comes with cleaner, oil, and grease. I don't usually have to reapply grease every time- as long as there's enough on there to help it seal, I don't worry about it. I don't know which kits are available where you are, but if you get a biodegradeable kind, you may have to wash off the old oil/dirt with mineral spirits before you start.
__________________
Zak

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014